The BEEF Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Sep 8, 2008.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    mate, your dellusional

u really think atkinson listens to hip hop and calls people ni**az like tupac?

he was angry, and it was a racial thing, anyone can see this

im honestly amazed u are defending him, maybe u use the word and crave some sort've acceptance for using it?

either way, i can't beleive no one else said anything about the initial point of this 'debate'

2. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Scientologists aren't people.

3. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    perhaps, and that would be YOU'RE

nope, and never said anything of the sort

what does assumption make? Where's your proof?

Presumably they all agree with my point, irregardless of their thoughts towards Atkinson as a man. And perhaps others see me pwning you and don't feel the need to chip in. That or everyone else still has you on ignore (when did I stop that anyways!) and has no idea what I'm replying to!

On Shraps point, here's a conundrum: People loved shaft/chef, thus loved Isaac Hayes. He died. People were sad. People hate scientologists, and make such statements as above. Hayes was a scientologist. People got uncomfortable!

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    u havn't pwned anyone mate, your sticking up for a fat old man dropping a racist comment about a black footballer in a game that chavski just lost, he was obviously heated if u listen to it. I know he bought in black footballers at West Brom, but in the heat of the moment he dropped a racist comment. If park missed a pen in the last minute and he said 'That stupid bloody dink' I guess that isnt racist either?

Also, I know my grammar and spelling is wack, u pointing it out doesn't have any basis in this debate.

Calling a footballer a 'Big lazy N I G G E R' in a heated moment is obviously meant in a racist and slanderous way. Thinking otherwise is completely retarded. Maybe that du-rag was too tight?

I think others are purposfully avoiding this debate cus of the sensitive subject matter rather than taking your obviously incorrect side.

Also, clearly your the only one who put me on ignore, and blocked me on facebook like a little crybaby puss when I mocked Ronaldo. Maybe you should find a girl or something cus you had to re-laminate his poster about 5 times this year....

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well, it's taken 79 odd posts but it's really kicking off now :D

And for the record, I think he meant it in a racial way.

6. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Maybe I should clarify. Scientologists who spout on about their beliefs and try to push them on others aren't people. IE: Tom Cruise.

For the most part religion is a very private and personal matter and people who feel the need to preach about it to the masses are missing the point, with the obvious exception of members of the various clergies. The same goes for born again Christians, people who thank God in interviews and acceptance speeches, and the Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses who knock on my door trying to "sell" me their beliefs.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol proper beef in the beef thread yo

i think we should settle it with a text battle

lolzord

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a huge beef with King Louis Hamilton.

Your overrated.

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    true that, which is why i have respect for hinduism, sikhism, buddhism and stoicism (from the little amount i know) as they don't knock your door, proclaiming to know everything, and they don't think we go to hell for not beleiving their stories lol

10. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    Who is this King Louis you speak of? Never heard of him, unless of course you are talking about Lewis Hamilton.

NOT OVERRATED, just overhyped.

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    tbm, I blocked u coz u've got about as much to contribute to society as dissentry, take it as a win if you want but I'm done arguing simply because you keep responding with the same vaccous points based on assumption and inference. From your username I can infer you are tall, obese, well endowed, self-delusional regarding grandeur....the point is only you can ever truly know what you MEANT when you originally chose it. The facts about the word/s used exist, and this is the point. Skizzle states he personally thinks Atkinson made the remark in a racist way, implicitly acknowledging that as his own opinion and presumably admitting that this is an unreliable truth.

The point is, if I call you a Brummie, is that racist? Or more poignantly, a "stupid caucasian imbecile"? It's certainly DEROGATORY, but by no means racist. Similarly, calling you a "fat honky" or a "chunky cracker" would not be racist, as I am not implying any racially based stereotypes, which is what racism actually is.

It is a fruitless task to argue if a man is racist based on just one such remark- the evidence isn't there.

Fundamentally, u simply don't understand the concept of discrimination, which is where you expose your naivety. To argue that Atkinson is prejudice against blacks is an entirely different topic.

On the topic of discrimination, car insurance companies employ sexually based discrimination by offering lower premiums to women. They do this based on statistical evidence supporting the notion that female drivers are less likely to make claims than male drivers, however the fact that I pay more for insurance than a comparative female is most definetely sexist, as there I am being compartmentalised by gender and tarred with the brush of generalisation. This is the beauty and the beast of discrimination, as it's a heuristical tool developed through evolution to help us make simplified decisions for our own benefit. Does it make it right morally? No. Justifiable? Totally. The differce between discrimination and prejudice is that the former can have a reasonable basis, prejudice is implicitly without reason.

Schools's out.

Dev, u mean that Theo Walcott looking muppet in those pointy cars? Yea he's about as reveered in my books as tbm....

Onto Shraps point, specifically about Christians thanking god in acceptances, I always find it intriguing that many top-level athletes in closed-skill sports (sprinting, for example) attribute their talent to god, I wonder if this can have a positive psychological affect on motivation- if one's success or failure is perceivably externalised from ones own efforts then it must be very liberating in terms of pressure to achieve. It'd certainly make it easier to stomach defeat for me if I saw it as god's will as opposed to my own shortcomings!

12. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's overrated,over hyped, and just plain sucks.

Brain fart galore.

Louis is what I call em.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol u sound very mad case?

calling me a cracker would be racist, but i guess trying to sound like some kind of psychologist using long words to try and make a simple point somehow over rules this?

calling someone a big lazy n i g g e r is racism, ask any sane person and they will tell u this is correct

but of course everything is opinion isn't it? i love that phallacy

and btw, im 6'2 bout 225 lbs (fat) and incredibly averagely endowned thank u very much

:)

so i add as much to society as dissentry because i banter on a football related message board?

someones very mad, i can imagine you going bright red, steam coming out your ears and your du rag setting aflame as u write your essay pound the keys with a tear in your eye....

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    he sucks but hes top of the table, strange logic...

:confused:

maybe your mad hes not american? or that he doesn't drive round a cirular grid while trailer trash 'hollar' and eat bbq'd meats and drink beers?

lol

15. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Well it's either that or they can't thank their doctor, or chemist, or drug dealer on live television... :p

16. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Err because I'm Polish and honestly can't stand anything hyped up from the UK anymore...And we have our own driver who is a lot better ;)

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol fair enough

but if u cant stand the uk, why are so many polish people over here?

jk

18. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not my problem I'm in the States...

As it is it's the EU you can go anywhere ;)

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    but we get all the lazy fat chavs saying the poles have stolen our work (even though i lost a job to poles lol)

20. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    so does that mean you are a lazy fat chav then...? :)

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    im not a chav!!

basically i had a cnut of a boss who i and others wish death upon who bought some useless polish trollops (women) to take all my hours and friends hours just before xmas

which was nice of him, bone-stricking out his forehead twat

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love a free market eh? :)

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have beef with bigsoccer for changing my skin! And when i put it back to the old one i usually have they have put a million adverts down the side so i now have to scroll down to see then forum.

LEAVE IT ALONE!

When will they get the hint?

appleCORR

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    big soccer changed your skin?

u gone darker or lighter?

pls r3ply

kthxbye

25. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I'd interject a joke about "....never going back" after such changes, but then I'd prolly be labelled a racist and burnt at the cross!