The Back Line

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Awe-Inspiring, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Awe-Inspiring

Awe-Inspiring New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    With both Fawcett and Chastain seeming to take to the new formation with the two of them playing in the middle on the back line, how else should the rest of the defense shape up? Does Sobrero move to outside right back? Does someone else get the nod, sending a '99 WWC starter to the pine? I assume Slaton is going to continue to play at left back.

Fire away.

2. UP90

UP90 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Georgia
    Don't assume anything about Slaton. That girl is probably going to end up needing surgery if her knee injury is anything like Overbeck's. Also the way Reddick played in the US Cup I don't see her benching Sobrero.

3. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    I really impressed w/ Nandy Price, i think she is a starter player material, coach should give her more chances.

4. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    Cat Reddick is a good def too but, she didn't have her best game last time though. Is she Brandi's little sister?

5. runbabyrun

runbabyrun New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    Nandi was well within the sights of the National team a couple of years ago. She then broke her leg and had further complications with it. She is now getting back to full stride. You will see her again, but it has been a long time since she has played a full season. She is still young.