The Avengers: Infinity War [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Dante, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this deserves its own thread...

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    People seem really into the trailer.

I thought it was mostly a bloated mess. I'm a bit over these huge ensemble movies.

The one bit I liked were the Guardians and Thor at the end.

taylor repped this.
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved that trailer, then again I want to see them all together, one generation of Avengers passing the torch to the next generation. Avengers 4 will mark the end of the current MCU according to Kevin Feige.

luftmensch and Belgian guy repped this.
  4. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watch the leaked Comicon trailer for Infinity Wars...it was amazing and a true trailer.

This is much more of a teaser and not showing too much.

5. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm mad you didn't post the tweets.

luftmensch and General Disarray repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    7 weeks to go *drools*

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    The poster for this is a thing of beauty

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Do you have a link to it?

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    avengers-infinity-war-poster-1093756.jpeg

luftmensch, Kenobi and Belgian guy repped this.
  12. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only count 23 heroes (plus Thanos) on that poster. From everything I've read, there are 29 heroes in the movie, so who's missing? I don't see Ant-Man or the Wasp (although they could be on there but just, tiny), Hawkeye and Nick Fury, but that would still only make 27.

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I heard 64, but maybe thats 64 characters and not so much 64 superheroes.

14. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't heard any specific numbers, but here are some characters who aren't on the poster who may count one way or another:

Previously mentioned:
    Ant-Man
    Wasp
    Hawkeye
    Nick Fury

In the trailer, but not on the poster: Loki (generally not considered a hero, but he did do the right thing in the last couple of Thor movies)

Characters from Black Panther: Everett Ross (OK, not a superhero in any way), Nakia (the girlfriend), M'Baku (leader of the snow tribe), W'Kabi (border tribe guy who is boyfriend to the general lady, who is on the poster). The other council members, and T'Challa's mom too, but they're unlikely to do any fighting. Since at least part of the movie takes place in Wakanda, these characters may show up, but it's questionable if they count as "heroes".

Characters from Thor Ragnarok: Loki (already mentioned), Valkyrie, Korg, Miek, Heimdall

Characters from Spider-Man Homecoming: Aunt May, Flash Thompson, Ned, MJ, etc. I doubt we'll see any of these and certainly not in any heroic role.

Characters from GotG 2: they're all on the poster, I'm pretty sure that's Karen Gillan's blue skinned Thanos-daughter whose name I've forgotten on the left under Scarlet Witch

Characters from Doctor Strange: Dr Strange and Wong are already on the poster.

Characters from Civil War: Ant Man already mentioned. Agent 13 / Sharon Carter.

Then you can get into the TV shows - Coulson and his team from Agents of SHIELD, the Inhuman royal family, and all of the Netflix characters. Somehow I doubt we'll see any of these.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget that we'll be seeing the Black Order in the movie, and that could be between 5-7 characters, depending on who they use. We've already seen Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight in the latest trailer.

We also know that Peter Dinklage is in the movie, but not who's he's playing. Maybe he's voicing one of the Black Order, maybe he's playing someone else. Maybe he'll be Puck? We'll find out in about a month.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian, who you can also see in one of the wide shots in the trailer standing with the other three you listed.

For some possible spoilers, IMDB's cast list for this movie seems to confirm a bunch of the characters not on the poster, but they've also been guilty of guessing before a movie is released. Also, Dinklage isn't listed there, so either he's not in it or else Marvel's working extra hard to hide his role.

Don't forget Happy and Pepper from Iron Man. At least one of them usually pops up in any movie with Tony.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Is it possible that Dinklage is providing the voice for 1 of the Black Order? There were rumors that Kevin Conroy was doing the same.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the movie poster, his name is on it. Second row from the top (on the bottom of the poster), 5th name from the left.

[​IMG]

Kenobi repped this.
  19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Black Dwarf?

Or is that too on-the-nose?

luftmensch and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I haven't seen any of these posters IRL and never zoomed in on the digital one. I wonder how they decided billing order for the cast list. Usually a movie with this many stars goes alphabetical, but that's clearly not the case here.

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    They don't go alphabetical. The cast listing order is subject to what has been stipulated in each individual contract with the actors. With such a large cast, it's probably a rather complex process.

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    For sure Downey Jr gets first. I'm surprised Pratt didn't get 2nd. I def believe Johansson deserved 3rd over both Evans and Hemsworth.

Shocked that Don Cheadle got 7th, but it helps that he was a sorta big star before the MCU.

23. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance Captain Marvel gets a cameo? Or are they gonna wait for Avengers 4? I hear the Captain Marvel movie will be set in the 90s. If that's true, then she's technically around. Would have to come up with an interesting excuse why she didn't show up for Thanos.

Kenobi and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feige was recently quoted saying she's not in this one, so I'd guess she shows up in Avengers 4 after her solo movie.

Mach1 repped this.
  25. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't do this justice, but in a nutshell I read some speculation based on leaked images and hints from the most recent batch of movies in which Thanos is really gonna eff some ess up with the Avengers. Whether it's Infinity War, or the second part (Secret Invasion-esuqe?), these leaked photos show some of the main Avengers characters in older costumes, hinting that time travel is involved. Perhaps there's a portion where they've gone back to, oh, I dunno, the 90s?

Mach1 repped this.