The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric did a 3 peat and took his country to the world cup final.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 12, 2019
    Toronto
    Oh wait a minute, now the Ballon d'Or is about team success is it? How come he didn't win this year then? He did win Serie A + Supercoppa + Nations League with Portugal... Hmmmm... Interesting indeed.

Or do you want to go based on stats individually? Here you go:

Cristiano;

Total 17/18: 44 games 44 goals 8 Assists (15 goals out of 13 games in the Champions alone)

Now for Modric;

Total 17/18: 43 games 2 goals 8 Assists (1 goal and 1 assist in 11 games in the Champions)

People just LOVE to hate on Cristiano... They just can't stand him and it's hilarious. Now, don't let me bring up the stats for their respective countries.

Just be honest with yourself. Ronaldo deserved that award for a 3rd time running, no fn' questions about it.

verde-rubro repped this.
  3. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Serie A - Nobody Cares
    Supercopa - Isn't a serious title
    Nations League - Nobody Cares

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol are you seriously comparing stats of a winger/striker with a midfielder? Have you no appreciation for anything other than goals in the sport of football?

madridista_hr, Drouchk and celito repped this.
  5. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 12, 2019
    Toronto
    Serie A & an Int'l title doesn't mean anything now? LOL, look at you go! Must be the smartest in the room, aren't ya?!

Problem is... Modric didn't win NADA with Croatia. "He took them to the final...". LOL... That's all it takes? You do realize they had the easiest path to the finals and their midfield was well considered to be the best in the world at the time?

Sit down troll.

verde-rubro repped this.
  6. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 12, 2019
    Toronto
    Oh here we go... Now it's about other things than goals and assists? But when it comes down to any other player, it matters. But it's unfair to use Cristiano's stats in this case? Double standards much?

It's actually pretty crazy to even look at those numbers and not be like... "Damn, unless that kid Modric recovered every single damn ball that was lost in every game, I don't see how he was the MVP in that season..."

Cheers mate!

verde-rubro repped this.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not one to side with celito frequently, but he's right.

Whether you like it or not, Cristiano did not put Juventus over the top to win Serie A. They would have won that with or without him. Thats why they've won it 7 years in a row.

the Nations League is a brand new tournament that still needs to acquire its own legitimacy and prestige. If you think that is in any way comparable with a World cup final appearance, then you are completely lost. And sure, perhaps Croatia did have an easy path, but Cristiano has been to 4 World Cups already with a superior squad to Croatia and has got nowhere near the final.

When you are comparing players of different positions, then yes it is unfair to compare stats whether you like it or not.

I love Cristiano, but he's clearly declined and has not been at his peak level the last two years. He's still amazing, but Father Time comes for everyone.

celito and petros93 repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juventus has won those trophies for the last 15 years.

Italian football is like pizza. They came up with something fire in the 80s but other countries took their format and made it better.

9. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Serie A hasn't been relevant for ages. Not as a stand alone competition with impact on individual awards.

Nations league is not a serious International tournament. And still Ronaldo played 2 games total completely skipping the "group stage" by choice.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All these people didn't care now suddenly that Ronaldo is there its "but he won the Calcium!"

11. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 12, 2019
    Toronto
    The amount of Madridistas haters on Cristiano is mind boggling. Grasping at straws to make it seem like he didn't deserve it instead of Modric and I LOVE Modric... Although, it's kinda funny that he hasn't been good ever since becoming "the best player".

Just like all of you seem to be still to this day, I was salty as hell when he decided to leave. However, we should give credit where credit is due and that man deserved that recognition whether he wanted to leave Madrid or not. Period.

I'm actually one of the few that hope he returns simply to retire in a Real Madrid jersey.

Now, even at 34 (almost 35), he will prove a lot of haters wrong once again. I just hope he doesn't kill us in the Champions League. Ya'll better cross your fingers.

Remember this quote? Your love makes me stronger, your hate makes me unstoppable...

verde-rubro and Lyra repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "I just hope he doesn't kill us in the CL" he said, in tears because the meanies are mean to Ronaldo, actually hoping Ronaldo beats Real Madrid in the CL because he's simping for a man that dissed the club first morning after a clasico.

Cristiano needs to stop crying. We don't care.

They held awards on the day of the Balon d'Or for this baby that even his own team mate snubbed. Foh.

petros93, MaxY and Halycon repped this.
  13. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They held it in the same day for the last 2 seasons but in different days back before that back to 2015. What we can learn from all this as well is that that UEFA award is the only award that perhaps doesn't notify the winner before hand. It's a bit funny that they hold these ceremonies creating some suspense about the winners when the winners and losers themselves already know the result before hand. Big theater.

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Imbecile who invented the usage of term hate in such debates, should be put in the nearest Gulag.

Halycon repped this.
  15. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 12, 2019
    Toronto
    Easy now... Real Madrid rules over everything. Including Cristiano Ronaldo. You can make false statements all you want but I've been watching Real Madrid since I was 5 years old. Been to countless games around the world and have always supported this team through GOOD & BAD times... This is what real fans do.

You can all gang up on me for defending Cristiano, I know it's not a popular thing these days... However, he is the greatest and most succesful player we've ever seen and I've seen the likes of Zidane, Figo, R9, Ronaldinho, Messi included, in PERSON.

CR7 is Real Madrid and vice versa. It's in the history books, whether you think Modric was a better player during that season, tell that to your kids 20 years from now. They will say Modric who?

HALA MADRID!!!

verde-rubro repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said Real Madrid is a business. Is it a business to you? :D

petros93 repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Atleti have also spent considerably on wages as far as I can remember

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They were first awarded with a ceremony this year. The Serie A 18/19 was the first one. :ROFLMAO:

They had the grand gala of football in Italy but this new format just began. No excuse to plan it on the same day as the Balon d'Or.

20. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 12, 2019
    Toronto
    Real Madrid is my passion. However, you're gonna sit there and tell me Real Madrid is not also an institution? A business as you say? Of course it is! Just like any other sports club in the world.

At the end of the day... Real Madrid doesn't pay you, they don't really "care" about you.Whether you want to put your effort or energy in cheering for a team, is all on you. I fell in love with this team at a very young age and now that I'm much older, I don't see myself stopping.

If you think Cristiano meant to say that Real Madrid is only a business to him and he didn't feel anything towards the culture surrounding Madrid, you'd be a fool.

Here, for a refresher:

"I've always dreamed to win the Champions League with Real Madrid... and we are only one step away from doing it"

We can agree to disagree.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Ronaldo loved real Madrid as much as his fans claim he does he would still be playing for Real Madrid. End of discussion.

madridista_hr and petros93 repped this.
  22. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was confused as well because they had already done awards earlier in mid season I think. But this "grand gala" has taken place in previous years at the end of the season. It's not new. Although before last season it seems like it didn't coincide with Balon d'Or.

23. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More importantly we had a moron here who claimed Lebron James is the most clutch player of all time & carries teams by himself. That is the most offensive thing I’ve ever read on BS.

Lebron james never has been and never will be anywhere close to a Michael Jordan.

petros93 repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uh oh, another real fan fake fan convo ?

Seeing them all in person is not unique, successful maybe, greatest, well that’s just your opinion , which of course you are entitled to have, others may have different parameters with which to determine greatness, so maybe you shouldn’t use “we” there.

petros93 repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Meh. There are players that have 0 affiliation with the club, yet are still here. That's like saying if Raul loved Real Madrid, he would have retired there. Or or or all the club legends that left for whatever circumstance.

Ninho29 repped this.