The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    J-Mezzy and Ayayain repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    PSGs demand is more absurd than Barca's offer.

MaxY repped this.
  3. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Sure.

Neymar despite all his flaws is still hugely better than what they offer so far.

Barca have no money. They remind me us versus Inter Milan for Modric last summer.

They act like a no-money hobo club, and expect the club that hates them the most in Europe to bend over.

But good luck :ROFLMAO: (if you dislike our opinions, you can go to some other places like barcaforum or reddit though. Plenty of people believe in unicorns there too :laugh:)

Show Spoiler
    Nah, stay here please, :p ;)

4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Haha, LEquipe tomorrow paper cover is awesome

neymar.jpg

Hilarious.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just saying ... them unicorns Barca are believing in are the same PSG are believing in (if they are being serious). For 300m you should be buying a player that a team does not want to sell but can't resist the offer. (example .. Coutinho from Liverpool). PSG doesn't have to sell Neymar ... that's true, but they do want to get rid of him because he has become problem. That much is clear. He can even lead their French golden boy down the 'wrong path". With that in mind, they shouldn't even expect the 222m amount they paid for him. Or at least a paying club shouldn't pay that knowing those facts. Neymar can still have some great years, but he is damaged goods for PSG. I don't even understand how one would accept Neymar for 222m as a fair evaluation 2 years ago when PSG snatched him up. It may have been worth it to PSG .. but mainly because it put them on the map globally speaking in terms of brand recognition.

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    So, Mr. Celito. According to you what is the "fair" fee for Neymar? Rakitič and Umtiti?

7. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #8032 Ayayain, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Then the deal will not happen.

And that will be better for us at RM. Because I still believe Neymar can get back on his feet at Barca, and that is no good for us. :cool:

If it was any other clubs I would think it's deal done, but City, and PSG are owned by people that will not accept to be f*cked over in their opinion. They don't care what you, the culés or the Barca board think, if they think you are trying to tear them a new one, they will not cave in.

8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Of course let's not kid ourselves, Cout is about 140ME, and Rakitic around 100ME (120 in reality, but Barca are making an effort here).

And Neymar is so shit that they will put a 100ME release clause on his contract.

Joke asides, the day Neymar joins them, Neymar's value will be announced by Culés at 400ME (800ME release clause) while they pretend it is like 100-150ME now.

But the Emir will cave in because he is afraid of Neymar. Imagine him shaking at the idea of angry Neymar in his palace made of gold.

Unicorns :ROFLMAO:

If you want to have a good laugh, go to Barcaforum.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Curious question, what do you think is a "fair" valuation for Neymar ? I know it's irrelevant ... but still ...

I think one of PSGs biggest leverage is they know that Neymar has worked well at Barca and was no problem behind the scenes there. From that point of view, he is not risky business for Barca. But I still don't think they can expect anything more than what they paid for .. realistically speaking.

10. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #8035 Ayayain, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Our president according to rumor offered between 250 and 300ME last summer. PSG refused.

before his second injury, Neymar's stats were even better than last year before his first injury.

I don't believe it got down that much, but in RM we have a coach that doesn't want Neymar, and it was already the case last summer when he left because of plenty of disagreement with the president.

Prices on the market are still getting up at every mercatos. With a CB going for 90ME. And average players going for 30-40ME easily.

I think the ones that have unrealistic expectations are Culés, and Barca.

Actually I believe Barca do that only to piss off PSG at this point.

See my other post above. The day he would join back Barcelona, his value will be believed to be 300 or 400ME by the same culés that say it's 100-150 now.

Culés should stop taking people for complete morons.

11. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Do you think our signings have bridged the gap of 20points from Barcelona?

I think that's the question we should be looking at.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Very unrealistic to expect Neymar to leave after 1 season. Actually I am surprised even at 2 seasons. So that offer from Florentino, was considered exceptional in his book because he'd have to unsettle a situation that wasn't unsettled. Today, the situation has changed.

If Neymar stays at PSG, I have my popcorn ready to see what happens in the upcoming season. And hey , in 2 years time, with Suarez probably gone and perhaps even Messi, we'll have space and money for a certain french wonder kid ... :whistling:

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He snubbed Barca when they offered him a starting role in 2017. As if he'd join Barca without stars. :D Don't worry you will have crocked Neymar then whom you seem very keen to sign even if you try to play it cool.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Dude is really trying to sell it. No one is buying

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only snub I remember was him snubbing Madrid for PSG.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That'd be the only one you remember obviously even though we had BBC situation. Not that Pep lobbied for him publicly for City and Barca went after him before blowing all the Neymar money on Dembele and Coutinho. He snubbed both despite guarantee of starting spot unlike at RM. You can keep pretending he will join Barca like you trying to sell you aren't that keen on Neymar. He will snub Barca again like Ronaldo and Hazard who always wanted to play for RM.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hazard to Barca dream died in two days when he told them he only wants RM move. :D

Graham Hunter recently talked about how Serrano and co met SAF(he was desperate not to sell to RM) and thought Ronaldo deal was done. They even bragged about it to Calderon apparently that RM have lost him. Ronadlo was like "not interested".

[​IMG]

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Guess you're hoping for that trio of Hazard / Jovic / Vjr fails then ...

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mbappe will be better than both Jovic and Hazard in his prime. No question about it imo. Vinicius can reach that level if his finishing improves. I like Jovic, but if there's an upgrade like Mbappe, you take it like Benz over Higuain.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You can imagine people dogged Hazard's signing and shit on Cristiano as well.

Two players who refused every other club determined to come to Madrid at all cost.

Hopefully Hazard will be fully appreciated

21. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Only the cash amount here seems burdensome as Barca don't have the liquidity to produce such an amount. However, if the teams could settle on an amount closer to 100 mil rather than 150, then it could be doable for both sides.

Semedo can be replaced by Cancelo or a cheaper back-up as Sergi is first choice anyway. Coutinho (80-90 mil) + Semedo (40-50 mil) + 100 totals 220-240 mil and frees up a lot of wage. They can deal Dembele on the side to raise additional cash.

My gut feeling says a deal will get done.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barca a needs Neymar less than PSG want to get him out of there. Purely from a business standpoint, it's PSG that should buckle and try to get a good package.

Nobody else wants Neymar. Only barca.

Leave it to Tuchel to then replace Neymar with Holtby or something.

23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have no doubt Neymar will end up in Barca and much closer to the Barca terms.
    In the end, PSG knows what kind of poison he is, he doesn't want to stay and they will let him go. They literally have more to lose than Barca.

24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--