The Arsenal vs. Everton: Premier League Matchday 26, 3 February 2018

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMG_0159.JPG

Kickoff at the Grove will take place at 5:30pm GMT/12:30pm EST/7:30am HST. NBC will handle television coverage in the States.

Okay, Auba and Mkhi are in, and Özil is staying. Time to get our heads out of our asses. Let's cheer Theo's return and then smash these punks. Up the Arsenal.

IMG_0160.JPG

BIGHMW repped this.
  2. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theo will probably get a hat trick and not be offside a single time

Quentin, lynesjc and Romfordray repped this.
  3. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I hear they have some young talented kids named Walcott and Rooney running around for them might be worth a look at.

4. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this kid Arshavin that's tearing up the Kahakh league too. What a baller.

5. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Czech
    Ballerin Holding Kos Nacho
    Xhaka Ramsey Jack
    Mkhi Ozil
    Auba

On national TV no less.

6. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Theo with a solo goal!

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks @Tonerl for stepping up. Nice that you included Hawaii time in your KO time, but I think that sadly we've seen the last of @goonermaui. But he's more than welcome to prove my prediction wrong... I for one would greet him back with no questions asked. ;)

As for this game, with all the recent events (Inspiring win over Chelsea in the cup; Pathetic loss to the 20th place team; World-leading trade deals; Etc) I say all bets are off!

The only thing I can safely hang my hat on is our inconsistency. For all I know we could bounce back, play with unbelievable urgency and quality, and blow them away.

And then again we could play like strangers, chickens with heads cut off, or any other suitable metaphor.

BIGHMW repped this.
  8. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think you’re right, but it’s tradition.

9. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Next time someone here goes to Maui, they need to not be like the last guy who went there and was too lazy to get out of bed in time to go to Lahaina Coolers.

NorthBank and yossarian repped this.
  10. lynesjc

lynesjc Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 21, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Equally likely to win 4-0 as we are to lose 4-0.

We can't keep a clean sheet, but the game is at home, so I'll go with a 2-1 Arsenal win.

11. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would normally be meh about this game but now excited just to see how we line up. Hoping Wenger doesn't pull his usual Wenger-ness and sit the new signings.

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps he won't start them both, but I have a hard time imagining they wouldn't get decent minutes even if off the bench.

cantona94 repped this.
  13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I VOLUNTEER!!!

Living on the right coast, sadly I've never been to Hawaii. But one of these days?? With @goonermaui AWOL from these boards, the trick will be remembering him and his watering hole. :unsure:

BIGHMW and mebeSajid repped this.
  14. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hawaii's a lot of fun: it manages to be exotic and tropical while still feeling familiar. Maui's probably the most expensive island to visit though. If you do want to see goonermaui, make sure you stay in Ka'anapali or Lahaina on the west side of the island. Wailea is the other big resort area on the island, and it's a hike to Lahaina from there (45 minute drive on mostly single lane roads with amazing views).

Crazy long flight though. We had a connection in San Francisco, and the then two-year old threw a tantrum as soon as he saw the plane to go to Maui.

15. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    End score will be Auba 5 Theo 3.

16. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hopefully both the major new signings will both play from the start and as Wenger (or the club at least) appear in the mood for significant change we can change up the team behind the forward line a bit too:

Cech
    Bellerin,Chambers,Koscielny,Monreal
    Ramsey,Maitland-Niles,Wilshere
    Ozil,Aubameyang,Mkhitaryan

Subs: Ospina, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Xhaka, Welbeck, Lacazette

Maitland-Niles can hold while Wilshere and Ramsey play a bit more box to box. Xhaka and Mustafi have done more than enough to get themselves dropped I think. Cech had a bit of a 'mare on Tuesday, but he has had some really good games this season so I'd leave him in for now.

17. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Knowing Wenger, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan will be sparingly used and seldom seen together for the next few months due to some obscure reason.

cantona94 and Bluto11 repped this.
  18. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of today's presser, it seems he's planning to start Mkhi, and Auba is down to his heath... supposedly he's been sick. Wilshere is also just getting over being sick, and Welbeck is recovering from injury.

19. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's safe to say we will be in our home Red & White and that we will SMASH them with Auba, Laca, and Mhki leading the way, and now with Ozil under a new long-term deal, he will be even more motivated than he has been since we picked him up in my inaugural season as a Gooner (2013-14), and a national audience on OTA NBC will get to see our newest pickups and us taking all 3 points!!!

COYF'n'G!!!

Forget the Super Bowl on Sunday, THIS will be the only football you'll need to watch this weekend!!! And, at least there will be no lip-synced, auto-tuned pop shit from former N'Sync member Justin Timberlake at halftime, there will be the (soon-to-be Grammy Award-winning) trio of Rebecca Lowe and The Two Robbies instead!!! ;)

.....and the awaited pics of myself in all 4 of this season's Arsenal kits will debut tomorrow as well.

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are my 4 official kits for this season:

DSC00915.JPG

Myself in them tomorrow evening!!! COYF'n'G!!! #YoPierreScoreMeABunch

21. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, I just ordered the orange SS Arsenal GK shirt from UK Soccer Shop so I don't miss out this season on having TWO OFFICIAL AFC GK shirts like I did last season (I had to buy a fake of the away light blue GK kit from last season because the official one was sold out and I didn't know they were available to the public (at UK Soccer Shop) until they were sold out in my size (size XL).

the orange kit looks real nice, and having seen it in live competition it will go great in my AFC shirt collection.

Speaking of it, I have really condensed my overall footy shirt collection selling off all but the 4 O2-sponsored Invincibles kits (2002-03, 2003-04) and my current collection of Emirates-sponsored strips from 2013-date including the final Nike strips from the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons, and all the current PUMA outfield players' strips, but pending on what comes out next season, the final year of our deal with PUMA, I will be narrowing that series down to a mere 4 outfield player strips as well, mainly from the 2016-17, 2017-18 and next season, due to the improved quality of those three years' kits, them using a woven AFC crest as opposed to the plastic looking/feeling one that the 2014-15 and 2015-16 strips had, so those will be going too.

I also sold off my collection of vintage Puma VfL Wolfsburg strips (1997-98 - 2001-02) as well except for one from the 1998-99 season and also my green Adidas strip from the 2011-12 season and will soon get a deadstock Nike 2016-17 home green strip and keep my 4 Seattle Sounders' strips as well that I kept after selling my whole Sounders (and Wolfsburg) collections back in 2015.

22. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Our front line looks swell, but the midfield is catastrophic. Xhaka and Iwobi should be benched.

23. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we might score 4 goals today but give up 5

24. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006