The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an amazing video, for just half a season too

Deep Pal and natenate101 repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Epic!

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    So after the panenka against Sevilla, Ramos apparently showed his name on the back of his shirt to the ultras who swear at his mother, and in the same motion made a "forgive me" gesture with his hands to the rest of the Sevilla fans who don't usually abuse him.

I like a captain like this.

Deep Pal, Anon., Doni and 12 others repped this.
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He freakin rocks. And he is right, those idiots who insult him don't deserve shit.

Deep Pal, Doni, Aimar 21 and 4 others repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I read on reddit that he has more goals than Iniesta ..

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos is getting to be the club's greatest ever defender. Santamaria and Hierro were great players and won many trophies for us. They were legends of the game, both inside and outside of Madrid. But Ramos is getting there.... he saved us too many times.... that sank into a lot of our collective memories. Those are things people could write about when Ramos retires. Those are images or highlights that would be replay by fans over and over again.... liked Mijatovic's goal in 1998 and Amancio in 1966. Hey, I am talking Ramos scoring the last grasp goal in the CL Final(he also had two goals vs B.Munich in the semifinal).... he followed up by scoring another one on our next CL Final(the only goal of that Final). So he did it twice. Raul, Santillana, the Vulture etc never scored a EC/CL winning goal. Di Stefano and Puskas scored plenty of goals in the EC Finals, but they were not as dramatic. Zidane scored a beauty in 2001, but it was not a last goal minute at the most hopeless moment at the Final of the CL against.... our rival. With apology to all the legends.... I just mentioned.

Perhaps, he won't be rated as highly as Santamaria as a defender..... yes, Ramos did have "many not-so-great" moments. Frankly speaking, I considered Pepe a better defender. But in the future, even with the aid of Youtube or whatever they had in the future, the future fans only won't know much about that. He had a lot of red cars.... me in 2007 would scream: "WTF, another red again... sell him". Some dude in 2034 would only say: :"what an old-school player.... I wish we have defenders liked him now!"

Gento... what a great player! He won more EC than anyone in our history. Gents also had some very interesting about his association with the club's history. He was the connection between Di Stefano's generation with the Ye Ye team. Ramos is also the connection between the First Galacticos of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Raul and Beckham to the CR7's generation. He is 30 years old.... he should still be here when Ronaldo departs. He should still be the captain when Odegaard becomes a key player(not necessary our best player).

Enough of my man-love for him today!!!!

Tobias19, raven3k, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  8. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Capitán fantástico:cool:

9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Who do people think is the best captain this season? I can't really think of a more inspiring one than Ramos over the last few years?

Tobias19, raven3k, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  10. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    To be fair, the other sections of the crowd weren't engaging in this type of behavior and some can even be seen applauding Ramos. I expect a different reception on Sunday.

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He made it clear that his gesture was towards the Ultras, i understood that the moment he did it. Not sure how the fans will react to that but that's what it was.

Digital, RMSocrates and 4x4s repped this.
  13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was indeed VERY clear what he did. The Ultra's are idiots.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Celebration: "It doesn't [usually] occur to me to celebrate a goal at my home club, but when people shout things about your mother, they don't deserve respect. The Sevilla fans do [deserve respect], though. The president should take steps to stop a sector of the fans from tarnishing Sevilla's support."

Love for Sevilla: "That'll never change: the day I die I'll be buried with the flags of Real Madrid and Sevilla."

Treatment of other returning ex-Sevilla players: "I've seen the receptions for [Ivan] Rakitic and [Dani] Alves [...] and they're welcomed back like gods. With me, they insult my mother."

Were the Sevilla players upset? "I said sorry to [goalkeeper David] Soria; I told him that at no point was I disrespecting him. I'd like the reception to be different but it's not going to change."

Scum fans.

Deep Pal, RMSocrates and natenate101 repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lead by example? Check. Encourage players when they screw up (mostly Danilo lol)? Check. Protect the team from controversy? Check. Love the team and fight till the end even in pointless games? Check.

Seriously, I dont think we can have a better captain than Ramos.

raven3k, Deep Pal, Aimar 21 and 5 others repped this.
  16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Gosh, I really can't disagree. I can only compare him with Hierro and I think he's better.

He's matured into a good captain. Can't lie, I had my doubts about him being a good leader but he proved them wrong. Certainly the best captain we've had since I became Madridista.

raven3k, Deep Pal and Aimar 21 repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Sorry, that's not what I meant. I also understood what he did right away. What I meant was that some were generalizing that all Sevilla fans were doing this instead of one section, which is unfair. Ultras at any club are no good.

Eddie repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's Sevilla fans across the entire stadium to be honest. Some fans from other fangroups were attacking him as well.

19. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A defender scores two goals in a 2-1 win, and it's just a normal day in the office.

Add Malaga to the list of teams that got Ramos'ed.

raven3k, Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  20. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Watch this video it's unbelievably awesome, what a leader this guy is!!

We have such a special group of players right now, we must really enjoy it while it lasts.

S1na and Zidane05 repped this.
  22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Ramos on Pique's tweet:
    "I would be surprised if it would be [Lionel] Messi [to write the tweet]. We already know about Pique's world, where everything's a plot against him. The referees have a difficult job, we have to try and make them more comfortable.

Referees sometimes give you and others take away, but you have to be prepared for everything. We are not going to get into these issues because it will not change anything, the three points will be added and we will continue to be first."

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pique is one of the most saltiest players of all time, combine that with his below average intelligence and you have a legit funny dumbass :D.

Barca DNA indeed.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Pique is livin' dat.........

[​IMG]

Eddie, sleepyvato50, yoanaidarov and 4 others repped this.