The All-Time Greatest Bundesliga Players II

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Dead Fingers, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Rainer Doerr

I am currently trying to look for one, but it's not surprising that there doesn't seem to be a picture for him. How did you even remember a player who only had 1 career game? What was he doing between 77 and 86?

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Chrissovalantis Anagnostou

here's a picture. It's one of those sites that won't show up if you use the image tags, so I'll just put the direct link here.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/5252...858ABC91EC2141AD41D4D456644F2A40A659CEC4C8CB6

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Re: Chrissovalantis Anagnostou

He is actually better known under his nickname, Valandi Anagnostou.The period he played Bundesliga in is probably the one I have most detailed knowledge about players from - a sign of my misspent youth. I spent hours to edit players and teams for football manager games (most notably the German football manager series Anstoss, which I always found superior to all competitors, although I've played them all) at that time. To this day, I still recognize a benchwarmer like Anagnostou from the mid 90's easily, while I have to look up an international that played in a world cup final for Germany in the 80s or so :D. To be fair, I most likely also remeber him from his Regionalliga Nord days.

Anyway, the guy's actually born in Düsseldorf, although it might be Düsseldorf, Hellas still ;).

5. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    The Anonymous Rainer Doerr/The End of This Thread

Don't be too concerned if you never find a Rainer Doerr pic. If it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world.

Speaking of the end of the world, I would think the end of this thread is very close. The post count has passed the 500 mark and when that happened with Gregoriak's original thread Dead Fingers stepped in and created this thread after closing down the first one. I'm now expecting him to do the same thing here, but I guess we'll just go on normally until he does. Whenever that happens the name of the new thread should be changed to something like Bundesliga Players From the Past, as the direction of these discussions has clearly changed from that begun by Gregoriak.

Back to Doerr, however, he played for several second division clubs from 1977 to 1982 but the record goes blank for the rest of his unaccounted for time. Most likely he stayed with his last 2nd league club, SpVgg Bayreuth, when it got relegated to the 3rd division and stayed at that level until he joined Saarbruecken in 1985. As for my memory of Doerr, I don't really need one, as he has an entry at Fussballdaten.de.

6. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Rolf Dohmen Pics

I held off using a pic like that one on purpose as I wanted to confine my pic usage to shots of the player in his active career as a player. I did see several pics like that one but I wasn't interested so I just skipped that whole deal. Meanwhile, thanks for the link. There are a few things of interest at that site.

7. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Chrissovalantis Anagnostou Pic

Thanks for that link, Squid. That is a nice shot. I like Uerdingen's uniforms. There was a stretch when the club was changing unis every season; has that trend stopped yet? I wonder who Uerdingen's opponent is in that game. Of course, finding a site like that one is the hard part; once you get there it gets easier pretty fast.

8. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Soccer Sims

I figured there had to be some gamers in this group. I never really could get myself into sports management simulations; my preference for the more action oriented games just feels natural. The best thing is to create Bundesliga rosters from my favorite seasons of the past. Now if only I could find a game worthy of that kind of great data...

9. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Georgi Donkov

[​IMG]

Donkov played in the Bundesliga with Bochum(1996-98)and Cologne(2000-02). He was a somewhat underweight forward who scored 10 goals in his best season which was his first in the league. While with Bochum he was used fulltime; by the time he joined Cologne he was reduced to parttime status in the 1st season and further still to a seldom used reserve at the end of his BL career. Of his 10 yellow cards and 1 red card 8 cards(all yellow)were picked up in his first VfL season; after that he seemed to calm down more.

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC