The 2020 Election Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trump said he wanted to withdraw from Iraq, he wouldn't cut social security, he was going to invest in infrastructure, he was anti-TTP. These are all left-wing positions.

Clinton made similar noises (but realistically only because she was trying to steal Sanders thunder) but she was never trustworthy (remember her public and private positions). Also a big issue particularly as a foreigner was her hawkishness, much more so than Obama who was already a big disappointment.

Most MSM outlets endorsed Clinton (even right-wing) including the printed press.

And I genuinely thought a loss would be a chance for the Democrats to re-evaluate their approach and recognise the need to appeal more to working class concerns.

Unfortunately though the Clinton campaign spearheaded a misinformation campaign around Russian election interference and the whole Americans are racist excuse also got trotted out.

You don't have to agree but these reasons should make sense.

Btw I still held the above view even though I knew that there was a better than even chance that Trump was lying about everything.

2. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That Mussolini's Italians were fascists who were aligned with the Nazi's during WWII is not some under-reported, under-appreciated factoid.

The implication you're trying to make that somehow as an Italian the likelihood that I am fascist increases is reprehensible.

You are a scumbag.

3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not understanding how the solution is to support Republicans.
    The bolded is precisely the problem. You knew better and you still chose to stick your head in the sand because screw the Democrats lulz. As a result of probably thousands of voters likely thinking along similar lines, major active damage has been done by this administration on most of the issues you claim to care about. I don't respect that reasoning. It's unproductive garbage.

4. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Voting for the status quo while minorities are incarcerated at record rates, while your military continues to exterminate poor brown people overseas, while your government supports oppressive right-wing regimes in the 3rd world (including many in South America) creating a refugee crisis on the Southern border, and while doing NOTHING to avert the impending climate catastrophe that will disproportionately affect poor people globally (read people of colour).

No, that is white privilege.

5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did you read this part?

And I genuinely thought a loss would be a chance for the Democrats to re-evaluate their approach and recognise the need to appeal more to working class concerns.

6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We keep going back to this same point you and I. You think that the two major parties even though they are by and large funded by the same big donors are at cross purposes. They both want the same thing.

All the shit that Trump is doing, the groundwork was laid for him by the Clinton's and Obama before him. You live inside a Disney movie.

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If his mommy is dead, that would be pretty impressive.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other left wing positions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Jitty Slitter and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  9. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Golden Jet!

soccernutter and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Comrades! The control of the means of production is within our grasps. Soon the capitalists will eradicated and the proletariate will rise to the vanguard. Party discipline will be required!

MAGA!!!! Trump / Pence 2020!!!!

Boloni86, soccernutter and charlie15 repped this.
  11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As crazy as Trump is, he is still good for rounding up and deporting 12 million illegal immigrants. Close the border and build the damn wall.

12. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Wasn't the last guy the Champion Deporter?

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Actually the record for the most deportations belongs to Bill Clinton. GW Bush is also ahead of Obama. I give credit to Obama for establishing DACA, although it's only a small start in terms of what's needed to reform immigration policy.

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Establishing centers in Mexico is a better approach. If Mexican govt let millions to pass through Mexico freely without asking questions, only a painful taxation on Mexican import can fix that. Taxation should be used on new illegal immigrants, more illegals passing Mexican-US border should translate to more money loss for Mexican govt and companies. Prevent new comers and give a clear path to green cards for people who have been here for past 10 years; those hard workers and trained labors who have no criminal background and those who are not welfare queens.

15. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's best not to post about things where you are obviously ignorant of facts on the ground.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long live the bourgeoisie!

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you know that all those Mexicans passing though Mexico are here just to get on welfare. Well, most of them. Some of them are good people, I assume.

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Show your case or stay silent. I live in an area submerged with illegal immigrants.

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well The Trump fans in the Italian forums sure don't like him, I can see why.

20. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You haven't seen the sights yet. Beggars on every cross road and traffic light, people asking for money and food outside each gas station, Walmart, Walgreens, Randall's, Kroger, ... We are simply overwhelmed down here. My town can not take any more illegals. Crime ratebhas gone up with more frequent shootings, assaults, break-ins. It is not safe for kids going out alone anymore. We need rules and new laws controlling the flow. It is like flood gates got opened rather than having border down here.

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Old tribal lands that the white immigrants stole from your people?

Deadtigers, charlie15 and dapip repped this.
  22. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are you located? Can you send some of those workers our way? We don't have enough people to do the jobs that need doing - the fast food places are offering starting wages of $17/hr and still can't get enough people.

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've never seen an Hispanic beggar. Not that I can recall.

Deadtigers, Boloni86, Timon19 and 2 others repped this.
  24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's my memory of Chicago.

Same with every other city I've been in.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if it's St. Petersburg.

chaski, Timon19, ceezmad and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on its command of English, you may be right. It looks like it is simulating a location in Texas though - it mentioned some store names. Walmart and Walgreens are national, but "Randall's" is a store with locations only in Texas.

Deadtigers repped this.