The 2019 Summer Transfer Thread - Where Your Dreams Come to Die

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 5, 2019.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    On the flip side, I'd do the deal for Joao, if Dybala is sold. I doubt we could get more than 100 mil for him though (probably not even that much considering how shit he's been the last few years)

Dante and scirea6 repped this.
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #177 scirea6, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    I have no problem moving for Joao Felix so long as we deal with the defense and midfield, preferably first. I understand our desire to possess what looks to be a serious up-and-coming talent before his prime years, but securing Kean is more than enough to maintain our attack for the present.

Not dealing with the defense and midfield is inexcusable, especially now, and if that means we have to miss out on Felix, then so be it. But if the negotiations for Felix require that we prioritize his signing, and hopefully selling Dybala in the process, then that's acceptable so long as we still have enough remaining in the transfer kitty (and the time) to make serious improvements to where they're most needed in the defense and midfield.

calabrese8, juventino13 and Dante repped this.
  3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Exactly, as long as buying Joao doesn't interfere with the club addressing our deficiencies I'm all for it

scirea6 and Dante repped this.
  4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Our deficiencies were on display this afternoon for all to see.

calabrese8 and scirea6 repped this.
  5. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    De Ligt, Ramsey, bring back Caldera. Have Emre Can anchor the midfield. We probably would need another midfielder.

-----------------Polish Guy
    Cancelo--De Ligt--Chiellini--Spinna
    -----------------Emre Can
    ---------Ramsey---------Bernadeschi
    Dougie------------------------------Ronaldo
    --------------------Kean

Matuidi, Cuadrado, Joao Felix, Caldera, Perin, Alex Sandro, Bentancur, Mandzukic

(Edit- I would have to change my avatar. It sucks because I know Dybala will blow up wherever he goes next assuming he is played correctly but I don't think that will ever be here.)

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I think our most important transfer this summer will be a new coach.

Since Zidane is already gone, I vote for his French teammate and another Lippi disciple, Didier Deschamps.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we just give our entire backline to Ajax in exchange for De Ligt? Keep Chiellini & Spinazzola

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CorSport claims that Juve is pushing for Tanguy Ndombele but face competition from PSG, Real, City and United. Kroos and Rakitic are alternatives.

Momblano claims that Agnelli will meet with Allegri at the end of the season. He has a 50% chance of staying.

Paratici had a couple meetings yesterday, one for De Ligt and another for Joao Felix and Grimaldo.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Should be zero if Agnelli has any balls

10. Ninho29

Ninho29 Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joao Felix' camp has expressed interest in joining Juventus for the sole reason of playing alongside one of his idols; Cristiano Ronaldo.

I would make that deal in a heartbeat, I've been following this kid for quite some time and he's the real deal. He is the only one amongst a huge pool of young talent from Portugal that could potentially "be the new Ronaldo"... A team like Juve could really grow him to be an amazing player, mentored by Ronaldo himself.

I think your defense issues come mostly from poor player selections and injuries. Not having Chiellini out there was a BIG hit. Also, who the f*ck puts De Sciglio in place of Cancelo? You gotta be out of your damn mind. Last but not least, Sandro is a Marcelo wannabe. Even with Marcelo's age, he would be twice the player.

If Ronaldo decides to stay in Italy, I would make sure the proper reinforcements are brought in. He's given everything to your team this year.

5 knockout goals for Juve... All of them scored by Cristiano.

Now, go and grab the Serie A title as soon as possible so he can go to the Nations League and win that as well.

Keep your head up fellas!

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From DiMarzio...

Juventus will try to bring Chiesa to Turin (why??)

Juve is pushing hard for Joao Felix, who they've already taken steps for with Jorge Mendes

Work in progress for Ndombele

Dybala and Costa could leave the club.

Romero is already 'signed' along with Ramsey.

In the midfield the dream is Pogba but Real are also interested in him. Juve would like to try for Isco, but with the return of Zidane it's difficult for him to leave Madrid.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why indeed

PLEASE

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some more from DiMarzio...

Barça already have an agreement with Ajax for De Ligt, an agreement with Raiola is missing though.

Juve following Manolas and Ruben Dias.

Boateng was proposed to Juve, but he does not interest the club

Umtiti does not convince Paratici

Alderweireld and Varane are of interest (no to Umtiti but yes to Alderweireld??)

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Alderweireld is 30, not sure we should invest much if we really want him. His contract is up next year so he really shouldn't cost too much. Not sure he's the answer though, the PL isn't exactly a league where defenders excel.

We're not getting De Ligt, he's going to Barca, its only a matter of time before a deal is reached

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Feliz would be nice, but it's going to cost a fortune and the club has more pressing needs. The one area that isn't a priority is in the attack.

Most of us agree that De Sciglio is shit. However, he is usually not a defensive liability in the way that Cancelo is. Cancelo was a disaster defensively so one can almost understand why he was benched in lieu of De Sciglio to start the second leg. Frankly, I think there are real concerns about starting Cancelo in a back four against a quality side due to his defensive frailties. I think Cancelo works best as a wing back when a team uses a three-man backline.

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Can the team truly believe that the answer to our midfield woes is Ramsey? C'mon. I like Ramsey, and to an extent, Can and Matuidi, but these should only be squad players for a side aiming to be the best. If we were only to sign a top central defender and central midfielder in the summer, I'd be elated.

Rob V repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If we bring in Deschamps, that evens the playing field a bit for Pogba.

Otherwise I would still look at SMS. he has dropped off a bit this year, but he is still a midfielder with presence, physicality and athleticism and he can score goals.

18. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    Being a British born Italian who lives in London, my English team is Tottenham- even if my heart/main club is Juve

Alderweireld who has a release clause of £25m would be great. He’s easily up there with the best in the world...but... someone younger needs to be signed too please...

Rakitic- not a massive fan, but I’d have him. Ndombele will be difficult.

I know Mandzukic has signed a new contract, and I love him, but his time is done if we want to reach the next level.

Douglas costa- great but unreliable; cuadrado I’m not fussed about. Khedira needs to go.

19. Rob V

Rob V New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Aug 1, 2017
    He’s not the answer by himself, I agree. However, he will improve the midfield. We have to invest heavily in a quality midfielder to play with him.
    I’m done with pjanic. Get rid.

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    As much as I think that Pjanic is overrated, I'd be hard-pressed to sell the only guy in our midfield with the ability to pick out a pass. I thought Bentacur was going to be very good, but this year hasn't gone as planned. The midfield is a lot more formidable with a Pogba-caliber player flanking Pjanic, rather than Emre Can and Matuidi.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #196 Dante, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Reports in France that PSG made an offer of €75 million for Pjanic, but Juve considered that figure to be too low. (crazy)

Corriero Torino claims that Allegri wants a CB, a RB and a CM. Dybala wants to stay at the club but wants a different outcome in terms of where he plays on the pitch. Allegri could experiment before the end of the season, with Ramsey arriving it could mean 4-3-1-2.

Corriero dello Sport claims that Juves are serious about signing Kostas Manolas and the announcement could come at the end of the season. Raiola played an important role in pushing Manolas to Juve. They also claim that Juve looked at De Ligt and Varane but both cost more than the amount they're expected to pay for Manolas. (small club mentality with that)

A Bola claims that Juve are ahead in the race to sign Joao Felix and could offer players in exchange to secure the deal as they get closer to Benfica's valuation of the player. (sure, go for a player in a position you're already set at instead of addressing the immediate concerns)

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Agreed. If accurate, it makes no sense to go all in for Felix and maintain that De Ligt is too rich for our blood where the defense was porous and is old and the squad is already top-heavy.

23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do you expect better from a management who planned in 2015 to have Khedira as future of MVPP midfield in 2020 ?

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

juveeer repped this.