The 2019 Summer Transfer Thread - Where Your Dreams Come to Die

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 5, 2019.

1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well after last time we should never do business with them again. Ever.

(I know that will never happen and that the two will always work in tandem against the rest of Italy, but I'm still so bitter about Bonucci's return...)

juventino13 repped this.
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Don't think they want a loan. And Paratici said no way in hell is Demiral going anywhere, he thinks Demiral will be a star in future. Unsellable in his own words

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If Rabiot and Ramsey play well, we're a legitimate CL contender. I have no worries about the defense any more with this signing.

juveeer repped this.
  4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well, Ramsey is guaranteed to be injured at some point, the guy is injured right now.
    Rabiot should be fine as long as he doesn't behave like a diva.

I still think we need another midfielder but I don't know if the club is going to spend much more, especially without getting rid of some dead weight

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If we have a legitimate chance of signing Zaniolo, it should be a no brainer.

St. Michael's Sword and juveeer repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Defensively, our weakness was not in central defense. It was on the flanks. We are reinforced, especially for the future with de Ligt. But that was not our problem area last season. We still have not addressed the fullbacks and hopefully the two signings in midfield give us some muscle. We do need to work on those two areas.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That said, until we find out if we will play Sarriball, who knows what to expect from the team.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Don't think the club has any plans to address the FB positions, Sandro and Cancelo both seem to be staying, though I would guess Sarri would prefer De Sciglio much like Allegri...

Or we go 3 at the back and then the flanks should be ok with Sandro and Cancelo as their defensive load should be less.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Perin is on his way to Portugal ahead of his move to Benfica

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    gumbacicc repped this.
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    At least nobody else in Italy gets him.

juventino13 repped this.
  12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL someone needs to investigate Raiola...how does he land all these kids so early? What kinda underground rink is he running?

In all seriousness, anyone have the official detaila of the buyout clause? Seems like guessing by articles...u hear 2 yrs, 3yrs, etc...theres so much bs news nowadays, hard to believe anything unless its direct from the source

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Two years apparently.. 150 million rising 10 million each year ..

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1189 juventino13, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Contract hasn't been revealed yet so you are also just guessing from what the rags say. Its for sure not active any time soon, details won't come out until Juventus officially release them. That is what has been reported so far though, we'll find out soon enough

15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too much on the books atm, will have to offload to get another midfielder..things will be possible if we can get someone to bite on Higuain.
    We still have Bentancur and I think he will be better this upcoming year with more playing time.

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Clubs have bitten on Higuain, he refuses to leave

17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pogba , Neymar and Donnarumma are coming!

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How the roster is shaping up.

Goal (3) - Szczesny, Buffon & Pinsoglio

Central Defense (5) - Chiellini, Rugani, Bonucci, de Ligt & Demirel

Left back (2) - Alex Sandro & Pellegrini

Right back (2) - De Sciglio & Cancelo

Midfield (7) - Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi, Bentancur, Can, Ramsey & Rabiot

Attack (8) - Ronaldo, Douglas Costa, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Dybala, Bernadeschi, Kean & Higuain.

The roster is actually complete. Not exactly all the pieces one may wish. We are heavy in central midfield but if we go with 3 across, then the numbers are good. Only a few on the flanks with Alex Sandro, Cancelo, Costa & Cuadrado. Not sure how effective on the flank Pellegrini may be. Is he more of a fullback like De Sciglio? So a 4-4-2 is unlikely. No doubt that Higuain is the surplus in attack. If he stays, probably goodbye to Super Mario. The real question is are these the players to run Sarriball?

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ******** Neymar, gigantic waste of money. Zero chance of Pogba, zero chance of Donnarumma

20. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I wouldn't buy or drive a Chevrolet I can't see any attraction to a player to wear the "bowtie" logo
    The roster Falc posted is enough if you are a serious Serie A and CL contender. Manage and motivate this crew properly and great things can follow.

juveeer repped this.
  21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to cut Cuadrado and Khedira our and if we manage to get Higuain our then I think we will be well set.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let me understand, isn't Gonzalo Higuaín Sarri's guy and if so, does he really want him gone?

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The club want him gone, and Sarri was also hesitant to keep him. Juventus don't need him anyway, but he refuses to leave so we're stuck with him, for now

24. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can’t we negotiate and have some MLS club or a Chinese or Arab team take him?
    Give him and send them Khedira for free as a bonus. At this point we need him off ASAP.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont understand why we always have a hard time selling even some of our well known players. RM selling their junk like hot cakes...James (still livin off 2014 wc hype) Rodriguez is being sold for 50m? We cant get 1 PL team to pay like 10m or just take him free? Same w Khedira and Matuidi...at this point we need to be able to sell these guys after how much experience they have. mls, china, qatar ?