The 2019/20 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. Wish he got to play with the first half line up. Would have buried couple of sitters Benz missed.

temesgen repped this.
  2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
  3. Jnunez

Jnunez New Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jul 20, 2019
    Yes!!

4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Yep.

5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kubo is a magician. Atm i'd rather play him than isco in midfield. Doesn't need Castilla. Sell Asensilol and Lucas Shit.

Rodrygo/Kubo for the right wing and buy some midfielders while we're at it.

6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Put Jovic in the first half line up and he scores at least twice.

saadomar, janos audron and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1152752766743224320 is not a valid tweet id

Edino Edinho repped this.
  8. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think our right wing may just be in decent hands if Rodrygo is allowed to play.
    Kubo was great. I love the kid's intelligence on the ball and work off it. He needs to stay in the 1st team.
    Vinicius was bad today. Felt like I was watching a dark version of LV.
    Nacho needs to go back to playing as a fullback. He has no business being a centre back anymore.
    Jovic didn't get the ball at all. Hopefully this improves in the next matches.

1st preseason game though. I won't lose sleep over the showing here today.

Edino Edinho, PigBenis, saadomar and 4 others repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Me too but, Benz scored 30 goals last season so................. even less likely

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I think we are putting to much expectations on youngsters. Top tier potential - Kubo and Rodrygo showing fantastic stuff, but still they ain`t anywhere ready. That includes Vin. Given also Lucas is just eh, while Asensio is getting progressively worse i am officially worried about that RW spot.

As for midfield. We desperately need to add some quality. Modrić and Kroos dynamic is completely off. Given also shaky fullbacks that is receipt for disaster. Is Pogba that magic solution? For example Casemiro, Pogba, Modrić / Kroos. Honestly i don`t know.

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Most positive thing i took out of this game is just how fit a lot of players seem to be, it will help start the season on the right foot.
    im not too worried about the result and even the level of play in the 2nd half, last season we dominated every pre season game and were garbage when it actually matters, this means nothing;
    Having said all that some of the guys look very promising, Hazard is to be expected but Kubo keeps impressing as did Rodrygo who both demonstrated a level of maturity on the ball that you'd expect from much older players, hope they both get a chance to play, there is no reason we should continue with the likes of LV while these kids play in Castilla.

Modric looked good as well, its early but he looks fit and sharp, as did Kroos on the ball but defensively he still needs work. Marcelo.....well its early lol.
    I'm looking forward to the second game, hopefully we mix it up a bit.

12. Jnunez

Jnunez New Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jul 20, 2019
    From the players we have right now who do you think is best suited for the RW position?

13. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vinícius and Rodrygo a bit shy in the game for me, understandable since they were just the reserves, but Rodrygo had a chance to show off one of his talents, it's going to be a fun season.

Drouchk repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Since there is no Kubo thread ill post this here.

15. Baltor

Baltor Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I expected Vini to improve from last season but today it doesn't look like it, and he has a lot of room for improvement surely. Hazard and rod are beacon of hope today.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Scoring is my big worry. Hazard and Jovic will have to score 15+ in league at least. Can't depend on the likes of Isco, Asensio to score more given how flat they have been for over a year. Need a scoring midfielder like Pogba or Eriksen as well. Hopefully Benz scoring won't fall off much from last season.

Anon. and janos audron repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As for defense, have high hopes on Militao and Mendy. Hope everyone stays fit so that Nacho won't have to play much at CB. Courtois looked confident today as opposed to last season.

18. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    we opened with some players who had to leave like Asensio, Benzema, Kroos and Marceo..they all reached they level

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It’s taken all these many games and time for people to finally realize Asensio is average.

That guy is probably the luckiest football player right now to be starting for a team like Real Madrid.. I can’t recall any forward in our club who was this average and given these many chances.. unbelievable.

20. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    I will sell him along time ago.
    I see him as Vasques 2

robnycus repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn man, dude plays like a vet.

Drouchk repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well good morning. I feel bad for people that stayed up for this. :ROFLMAO:

What a deja vu. Lucas, Asensio, the players Zidane holds a grudge against get the finger despite being able to potentially raise their value by playing well.

Lucas Lucas Vazquez titulaaaar titulaaaar titulaaaar. :D

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s early days yet but i’ve got to say i’m a little bored of Isco, Asensio and Lucas, new season, only one game but, extraordinary circumstances, I needed a boost of energy from the team after having to watch the whole of last season, they were just meh, I hope they can get better and give me something to get excited about as far as they are concerned for the season ahead, Gareth didn’t get on the pitch but I don’t really care about that one way or the other

MaxY, Anon., robnycus and 2 others repped this.
  24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Typical pre-season game, proceed to the next one. Get in shape and start the season well!

ImadEdd repped this.
  25. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's a pre-season match, they don't matter.

It is slightly worrying to see what Zidane still considers the first team though, which is basically the same team as always with only Hazard in it instead.

One can say it's early (pre) season, and that's absolutely right, but we got him here last season already so he wouldn't need the pre-season to figure out who shouldn't be starting.

On to the next friendly.

RMSocrates, Mimadridsta, ImadEdd and 5 others repped this.