News: The 2018/19 Season Preview, Discussion & Review Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because a bunch of Nazis come out and ambush you for your criticism, dis your sources with an A4 sized list of acceptable sources for quotes, tweets and opinions or strangle your jokes in the transfer thread.

It is the BS board equivalent of a soulless dark alley in downtown Loserville - nobody wants to risk going there and letting loose a poor innocent defenceless opinion ;)

Better to stay here where it is nice and safe :)

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Wtf did i miss another Ashur witch hunt?

3. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't think so, a couple of us were mauled (ok just me) and I think @Ashur must have been observing :)

[​IMG]

4. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was an interesting watch;

Starts off on a bit of a retrospective back to the start of the season, but makes some interesting observations about some of our deeper issues on squad / system suitability going into next season.

On which note, we need @Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 to create a 2019/2020 thread (I already created a thread today, if I create a second I'll get a nose-bleed).

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bet that vid was just as interesting as when it was first posted just 3 days ago on this very thread.
    As far as a season thread, could be wrong but don't we go with a preseason thread first and then move onto an actual season one once it's done (or the new season is right upon us)?

6. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Obviously well aware you posted it previously - but wanted to bring it to a brand new audiance ...

I think this thread is just a few days away from its anniversary - given it has shouldered the shared responsibilities of preview, discussion and review I was thinking we should go with a cake and low-key party?

:)

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club has released 15 players so far: Ander Herrera, Antonio Valencia, James Wilson, Regan Poole, Callum Whelan, Thomas Sang, Zak Dearnley, DJ Buffonge, Tyrell Warren, Matty Willock, Matthew Olosunde, Callum Gribbin, Millen Baars, Josh Bohui and James Thompson.

Gribbin making the list is one of those "surprise but not really" type deals. Injuries look to have taken a big toll on him, even read somewhere a while back that it would be a surprise if he ever played football again (don't know if it's injury related or something else unfortunately).
    The less said about Herrera for now, the better and we'll see when the window closed whether he's been appropriately replaced or not. Some interesting pickups for lower tiered teams in that group as well.

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    ??

OK. done

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-2019-20-season-preview-discussion-review-thread-r.2104269/