News: The 2018/19 Season Preview, Discussion & Review Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure where else to put this but Shaw is getting a head start on preseason by training at Carrington and planning to take a trainer while he’s on vacation.

Glad to see he is taking his fitness seriously. He redeemed himself last season and I think he can be even better next season. Nice to see players care again. Complete opposite from certain players who just stroll the pitch on match day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...IS94M1kliYDZqsnF5hDJtlhOHj-4VSfXWWoSsu-rUv2Q8

3. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd rather be punched in the nuts

5. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    I've always ragged on WhoScored as a joke and unreliable.

They rated Smalling and Jones above Lindelof for this past season.

What a cum dumpster of football analysis. ********ing disgraceful.

Deadtigers and jnielsen repped this.
  6. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  7. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Those ratings that are given to players are for kids who don't want to do any actual analysis. I don't know why you'd be judging any stats site by that, as opposed to the ease of access to objective statistical figures.

8. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    What is this shyte? Seriously?

9. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I deny all of it - this season didn't happen.

Deadtigers repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What is the point of posting this?

11. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just mentioning our situation even though not required really.

12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fair enough. Just seems unnecessary. We all know how the season went. Personally I want to forget about it as soon as possible.

United 16 repped this.
  13. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Agreed.

One other thing is why would BR post a trolling message like this? They should be wishing to gain Man Utd fans rather than post stuff like this that would piss us off. Also, maybe they should clean up their own act first given their clusterfck of the CL final coverage on TNT when we get two different commentary teams for each half. Quite the amateur hour there.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TNT/BRs coverage of the European season this term was mediocre for the whole season tbh. Already making me miss FOX, which I never thought possible.
    From the pregame show, to the actual coverage of games and pretty much everything in between, it needs to improve going forward. We'll see if they're up to the challenge (since it was their maiden season), but for some reason I'm really not optimistic on that front.

15. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Treble. Lol.

Facts: Man City would trade the league for the CL. Liverpool would likely trade that CL for a Premier League trophy.

The “historic” treble that the press keeps referring to is a joke. Pep wants CL glory. Not a Carling Cup as his “treble.”

Deadtigers and jnielsen repped this.
  16. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It isnot the different commentary teams that is the issue. It's actually not a bad idea to have two different commentary teams.

the problem is who make up the commentary teams and the crap that they are saying.

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Interesting Simon Stone interview.

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Simon is one of the best United journalists around. He's also one of the most reliable in terms of transfer news right along with Norwood.

What he says about United is whats been said here nonstop. We have no structure. We just buy players and then try to force the pieces together. The problem is that it doesnt matter if everyone sees it, it only matters if Woody and the Glazers recognize the problem, which they clearly dont.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mata is not the only one this applies to, but it's spot on. Pool are not resting on their laurels and are continuing to clear out their deadwood/excess baggage: already let go of Clyne and Solanke in January, with Sturridge and Moreno next. Shaqiri is rumored to be out as well. Guessing they'll be replaced either by prospects or new purchases this summer, meaning the squad as a whole will get better...

20. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wtf are they still negotiating with Mata? I swear this club hates its football loving support.

Kakeru repped this.
  21. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's the problem when you have a jackass white collar with no football experience whatsoever leading the club. That SOB is just thinking about social media clicks, money, and other crap that doesn't have anything positive on the pitch.

And that is not saying about the retarded owners we have.:devilish:

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be so typical of United lately to target Dier as a replacement for Matic, according to The Times, when there is Partey right there for the taking. Dier is more expensive, not anywhere as good and lost his place in Spurs' starting lineup as the season closed (which is probably why he's a target for the club once again, I'd venture).
    He's English though I guess... I can understand the club wanting to keep an English core to a certain extent but it can be argued that they've done that already when they gave new deals to the likes of Smalling, Jones among others. Plus targeting English players makes sense if we can get the best of them (as we used to under SAF). Sancho, Rice if we could get them would be the English targets we'd want.
    This would be like Fabinho all over again: absolutely no rhyme or reason to target Dier over Partey, who once again, is apparently ready to leave Atleti and favors a move to England. All we need to do is activate his release clause, settle on personal terms and it's done. The negotiations with Levy alone are enough of a turnoff to stay away from Dier.

Kakeru repped this.
  23. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Just curious. What made you post that in here, instead of the transfer thread?

24. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Transfer thread is only for linked articles with anything remotely United related.

25. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    When did we come up with that rule?