The 2017/18 Coaches On The Hotseat (or should be) thread

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Sandon Mibut, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Saw them play last year...toothless and a little “un-Navy-like”... several questionable hits that were not soccer plays.

After one such hit a group of their parents start serenading the opposing player with “welcome to the Navy Seals”.

Other Navy parents turned to apologize for the behavior.

It was surprising to hear their fans’ constant yelling at the ref and general lack of sportsmanship in the stands and on the field.

That is 100% different than anything I’ve experienced before at either Navy or Army.

2. B Matth

B Matth New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Painful for sure Terrier

3. DMVSoccer

DMVSoccer New Member

United States
    Feb 12, 2018
    I just looked on line for last year's player roster ......... where did all the players go? And they had another Assistant Coach last year whose not listed any more.

4. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    And I was just a spectator, no team in the fight.

5. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
  6. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bryan Davis moved back home (Wisconsin) and had a change of career -- maybe moved into the club setup.

Slemker is quality. Program is in great hands. Wright State will be just fine moving forward.

7. Terrier1966

Terrier1966 Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Heavy on quotes from departing coach so it appears there is no ill will or unfortunate reason for the change.

Hopefully it is a great opportunity for the departing coach...this assistant also sounds like he is in pretty good shape. Good experience, some recent success and some returning players.

JMU has had success with football so this is probably an exciting time at the school.

Good luck to the new head coach.

Unless he was already aware, this is a great chance to suddenly jump up a wrung. If it had happened 6 months ago there might have been a different process and a different outcome