The 20 best USMNT prospects and stars of the future

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Eighteen Alpha, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is proven by the quality and level of play of the Tercera division. The quality of the game at the Tercera division is a higher level of soccer than MLS. MLS is more physical and the athletes are faster but the quality and intelligence is not higher than the Tercera division.

Andreu Josep repped this.
  2. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    U21 Outfield Players without USMNT caps; currently eligible:

Josh Sargent
    Keaton Parks
    Erik Palmer-Brown
    Antonee Robinson
    Jonathan Amon
    Justin Glad
    Andrew Carleton
    Chris Durkin
    Marky Delgado
    Tim Weah
    James Sands
    Chris Goslin
    Taylor Booth
    Haji Wright
    Ulysses Llanez
    Nick Taitague
    Konrad De La Fuente
    George Bello
    Ian Hoffman
    Julian Araujo

3. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    True.
    And, at the risk of pissing people off...Liga MX is at the level of 2ndB in Spain. There are lots of players from big academies and reserve teams in Mexico (Cruz Azul, Puebla, America, etc) to compete either in the academy system or the lower tier Senior levels to then make the jump to higher tiers.

4. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    Do you mean the Main US squad? Some of these players have had caps with the USMNT (Youth teams).
    Also in regards to players abroad, you are missing several players (if U21 includes '98s): I can think of Ander Egiluz and Hayden Canizalez.
    And, if you include Konrad on the list, you should consider Leeds. Konrad is in Division Juvenil Nacional. Leed in in Division de Honor already and doing well. By next season (2018/19) Leeds will have one season at a higher Tier than Konrad. Moreover, it is uncertain if Konrad can play Div de Honor at all next year. This is not because of level, but because the federation in Catalunya has so much red tape in regards to foreign players in Div. de Honor.
    All that said, if we re talking about the Main US Squad, I think most but not all of these players would fit the bill (example, only the players in SENIOR experience for now; USL, MLS, 3rd, 2nd etc overseas, etc) . It would be better if these players could part of an Olympic team campaign and then graduate to first Squad. These players would be better served this way. Most people don't understand the game and I would hate to see people putting them down because of poor performances against other National (main squad) teams. I guess it would all depend on the next national technical director, and coaches. But whoever they are, I hope they mange these player's development appropriately.

5. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You keep bringing these guys up. Have you seen them play? Are there videos you could link me to?

6. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Konrad is a triple national of the US, Brazil, and Spain. He's not considered foreign.

7. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    #432 Andreu Josep, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    He's a foreign player IN Spain. I was referring to the red tape in Catalunya not the U.S.

The rules seem to change every other day so as of an hour ago to play Div de Honor you have to have lived in Spain for 5 years and both parents need to show proof that they have both worked in Spain for that time. And other BS requirements

TarHeels17 repped this.
  8. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    @Anderson11
    Hayden's vids are in one of the Yanks Abroad threads but here:
    2018/17 season 3rd Div National Spain and Copa Conferedaciones RFEF (turn CC to follow better )

Academy Years 2013-2016 While at RCD Espanyol, Sant Gabriel, and UE Sant Andreu (Excludes time at Hercules CF):

I will get the other but I have to look. Eliguz was in the U20 US team before with Akale

TarHeels17 repped this.
  9. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    #434 Andreu Josep, Mar 2, 2018
    Also, There is another kid, '00 Amos at Poland's Legia Warsa. I think He earned a cap at the U15s in the past for the US...I keep on forgetting his last name but all three have level (and Leeds). I've see all 4

10. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    #435 Andreu Josep, Mar 2, 2018
    @Anderson11 Amos Thompson. He is on the Academy team for Legia Warsa

Here is an old Video from when he was in Barcelona at a Marcet/CE Technofutbol event. He later went to Real Zaragoza but had to play with a lower tear team due to FiFA redtape.:

TarHeels17 repped this.
  11. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I'm not understanding the description, but is that 1st video highlights of the 3rd tier of Spanish soccer?

12. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    It's games in 3rd Div and 2ndB

13. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    <-- Highlights

<-- Full Match

Another good performance from Kwelle in this past weekend.

Winoman and Andreu Josep repped this.
  14. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone know if Atlanta United etc. have their younger prospects playing in weekly reserve matches?

15. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't know if they've had any scrimmages but their first game is March 24.

16. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah they've played a few scrimmages with colleges around the south like Furman and I think they have a exhibition against Charlotte Independence soon.

17. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ugh it's just not enough for prospects like Carelton, Kunga, Acosta, etc...

18. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  19. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah and fwiw Carleton has been with the 1st team, so I don't believe he has played in any of the scrimmages. But you are right.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  20. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    lol

21. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Be specific. What about the level play in MLS is better than the Tercera division for development? Tactically? Technically? what?

22. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    i understand you are pres. of the akale fan club and will stan for him as much as you can. but the fourth tier of spain isnt better than mls. this is a really embarrassing take to have.

23. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Technically, Tactically, and a better place for people to develop. Yes it is a better option than MLS.

24. Andreu Josep

Andreu Josep Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Hercules Alicante
    I used this except elsewhere but I think it's a good way to summarize about the level of players...
    Now if we are speaking about the level of the teams in each region, I think Manuel Romero gives a nice concise when he says:

"Well, the truth is that the Spanish championship (LaLiga) now has a lot of potential. The proof is that Spanish clubs are always fighting for the titles in European competitions, always, when in years past, it was the English who dominated, or in their time too, the Italians, or even the Germans with Bayern Munich.

In recent years or in the last decade, it can be said that Spanish football has been the one that has reigned in Europe. When it was not Real Madrid, it was Barcelona, if not Sevilla, Atlético Madrid has also won the Europa League. The best players are always wanting to come to the Spanish league, even though they do not have as much money as the Premier League. Also as many more foreign players come more often to play in Spain, many players with first division experience or first division level have had to go to play in second division teams.

The second championship in Spain (Liga Santander 123) is very powerful. In fact the matches are very even, very competitive. And now, as this occurs more or less we follow this ladder:

• The first division team wants to have good foreigners,
    • Then the first division players who have no place but who have first division experience go down to play second division; and
    • That is going to make the second division players go to 2nd B (and 3rd); and
    • To all this you add the players who come from the academy system because every time they work better in the academies, and more and more academies produce more players for the first teams in their clubs.
    All that comes together and, in the end, creates a trickle down filter that makes the second division increasingly end up with more high level players and everything is more competitive. And, it is increasingly difficult to win. Which gives an index of the competitiveness that exists."
    Source: https://www.prospectsss.com/season-1-episode-2/

25. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Tercera teams are better than MLS teams, which seems to be what you're implying. Also, I don't really get your logic, since it seems like you're simply arguing that pro/rel is why it's better. You could literally not change your post and have it apply to a sunday league team in Spain, which is why I find your praise of everything/one in Spain slightly disturbing. Nothing in your post says anything specific about the level of player in the Spanish 4th division, except that "That is going to make the second division players go to 2nd B (and 3rd)", which is saying that the 4th division is below the third division.

Do I think Tercera teams have better development than MLS? Yeah.

Do I think Tercera teams are technically more proficient than MLS? It depends on the type of player, and I'm not and expert in this league, but I don't see the 4th division in Spain being much more technical than a league increasingly more full of imports from South American first divisions.

Do I think Tercera teams would beat MLS teams? No way, but I see no way to read your post without thinking that's what you intend to imply.