TFC at Atlanta, October 30, 2019 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    The Reds head south again to tangle with Atlanta. We are now one win away from a return to the Cup (albeit a difficult win). I would not have thought this earlier in the season.

Gonzalez is back from injury but Altidore is still listed as questionable.

Atlanta has three players out or questionable. The most notable is Parkhurst but all three are defenders so Atlanta will perhaps be a bit thin at the back.

Although both teams can score, I'm thinking this is going to be a low scoring, close one whichever way it goes.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Parkhurst returned to training, so he might be available. It is Miles Robinson that we will be missing the most. He was arguably our most indispensable player this season (many will claim it is Josef Martinez, but I am not sure I agree). Anyway, we had a clean sheet without both Robinson and Parkhurst against a very potent Philadelphia squad.

3. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Does Seattle's win mean that TFC is destined to win tonight for yet another TFC-Seattle MLS Cup?

4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    That was the talk at our house this morning. I'd be fine with it - although I'd be fine with anyone from the west so long as it is TFC representing the east.

5. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Really the only downside is that we don't get to host this one but at least it saves some money to put toward the increase in season ticket prices next year. :p