Tell us what that Champions League looks like - OTT 40 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ewibe, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Arsenal always lose to Palace. That result at least keeps United's hopes alive. Hopefully Ole can find eleven players that are at least willing to fight for him on Wednesday and not get embarrassed while the whole world is watching.

delaynomo and SamScouse repped this.
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    CP with a good win vs Arse - still hope now for MU to get 4th.

but after today, not a snowball's they;ll get anything out of City. Pep must be laughing his bum off.

3. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All three of the teams that have played so far in the battle for third and fourth have lost, opening the door for Chelsea tomorrow. Is it too much to ask that they lose, too?

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That would be OK but I'd much prefer Burnley to do a job on City. :)

5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I be happy if anyone would do a job on Citeh.

Wingtips1, delaynomo and SamScouse repped this.
  6. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #106 Buffonfan, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    I'm new to the premier league so I don't know the history of Old Trafford. But mann, United has the most "loyal" fans out there. Loyal here I mean they VERY loyal to the club.

Their fans are cussing their players out right now, and like beyond frustration (don't blame them). But they still support their Man United club to the core. Regardless of how bad or how many matches United lost, those fans of them still show up to support.

They say ALL they players can go, they still support the club.

I hate United due to that entitle clown Pogba. But gotta say, this United club very lucky to have such loyal fans.
    There got to be a history somewhere in order to get fans to be such loyal to them.

eta: And their stadium are always full too, despite times after times they see their team get batter. This entitlement United team don't deserve such loyal fans base.

And that clown Pogba is back to his old self, underformance, just like when he was with Jose. It clearly he want out.

7. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And I'm supper tire to every week pray City will drop points.
    Since that lost of their to Newcastle on 1/29. City has been going on a 10 league matches unbeaten, all W.

Perhaps I should stop pray every week that they will drop points, they will. But I can't stop myself to want them to drop points.

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    anyone expecting Manure to get anything out of City, look away now ....

• Manchester United have gone 11 consecutive matches without a clean sheet in all competitions for the first time since December 1998.
    • They have conceded 48 Premier League goals this campaign, their most in a single season in the competition and more than any league campaign since 1978-79, when they let in 63.
    • It was a fifth consecutive away defeat across all competitions for United, their longest such run since March 1981, when they lost five in a row under Dave Sexton.
    • They have also lost three successive Premier League away games for the first time since a run between December 1995 and January 1996.
    • United were outrun by Everton by 8.03km, their highest deficit since they lost to 3-0 to Tottenham in August at Old Trafford, when they covered 10.2km fewer than Spurs
    • United have been out-run by their opponents in 15 of 17 games in the Premier League under Solskjaer

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hmmmm....

Marco Silva’s side have now beaten United, Arsenal and Chelsea in successive home games, keeping a clean sheet in each.

10. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    OGS pissed as hell in the post match interview and hopefully there's a dead cat bounce on Wed night after which they can revert to type :whistling::whistling:

delaynomo repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yeah, you would think (?) athletes like them would have some pride after stinking out the place this morning, and actually put in some effort.

you'd think ..... but a lot of ppl are wondering if for the second time in a few months the overpaid prima donnas have decided to do their best to get rid of a manager who is - gasp - asking them to fukking work hard.

12. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maybe they’ll get relegated next season?

Wingtips1 repped this.
  13. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And added to Sir SamScouse, United lost 4-0 to Everton, a team outside of top 6 in the chart. This NEVER happen under Mourinho.

Yes, you read it right, even under Mourinho when they were purposely down-tools to get rid of him, but Mourinho tactics I guess help because news everywhere are saying, 3 years under Mourinho, they never lost 4-0 to a team outside of top 6.

So yeah, it a bad and embarassing defeated this morning (or yesterday England time).

14. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #114 Buffonfan, Apr 21, 2019
    And everyone remember when Mourinho still was their manager said that his greateest achievement "it a miracle that he got this team (United) to second place last season", that quote? At the time, we think well beep this co-cky Mourinho.

Now think back, I'm sorry, but he beep correct with his statement above.
    And actually and everything Mourinho said about Pogba, he right too.

Mourinho might be the one that get sack, but he lucky to get out of this shi-t show. He less stress now, all those stress while coach this team is not healthy for him. Now he still smile when he comment as a pundits. Still look da-mn sexy, LOL. I love his dimple when he talk and smile.

And it embarassing that I think he handsome. I'm a 35 year olds woman with a 14 months old son and a husband. But I find Mourinho attractive, lol

eta: I still count on Leicaster to get something out of City, due to City got burn by them earlier in Dec.
    But United? Just No.
    I know de Bruyn is out. But with Fernardinho, Aguero, B. Silva, Jesus, Sane, and that 18 year olds who score against Spurs. That would be enough to kick this down-tools United team butt.

15. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the Arsenal loss today, ManU has something to play for against Citeh. They have a shot at qualifying for a CL play-in slot, at least.

Arsenal has Wolves on Weds, the earlier match, and if Wolverhampton can play Arsenal to a draw, 3 points would mean a lot to United. OTOH, if Arsenal wins, it will be hard for United to catch them.

16. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #116 Buffonfan, Apr 21, 2019
    Not saying man City is great. I'm saying is this down-tools team just doesn't have enough to beat Man City. It their entitlement attitude,
    nobody can help them, they have to help themselves. They have to be willing to "want" to give a care about the club.
    Because all I see is they just waiting for their weekly paycheck and not putting in an effort.

3 managers already at United, and they still back at square one, their entitlement, lazy self.

17. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no CL play in - all 4 spots go to the group stage so it’s really really worth it.

dcc134 and StiltonFC repped this.
  18. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tnx 4 the clarification

19. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So.. talking about shitty ref can turn a tied.

It officially annouce that Andre Marriner will be the ref for the City vs United match.
    Any chance this ref will get City burn?

Some of City fans said that after know who the ref, they now need to score at least 8 goals!! lol

Seem like they not very fond of this ref? Any chance he will more on United side? Or just boring ref.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Spurs have the easiest run - 3 games at home. ManUre have the hardest.

Brighton and Burnley will play a big role

Race for the top four - remaining fixtures

Tottenham
    Arsenal Chelsea Man Utd
    Brighton (h) Wolves (a) Burnley (h) Man City (h)
    West Ham (h) Leicester (a) Man Utd (a) Chelsea (h)
    Bournemouth (a) Brighton (h) Watford (h) Huddersfield (a)
    Everton (h) Burnley (a) Leicester (a) Cardiff (h)

21. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That will be fascinating to watch.

22. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats the rule for Chelsea/Arsenal if they win EL and finish 5th? Qualifier?

23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EL winners get entry to group stage, pretty sure.

dcc134 repped this.
  24. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burnley just scored a nice controlled volley from top of the box to take the lead against Chelsea... it's hard to say they could have done much about it, but it just seems like the season for them to really get kicked in the teeth.

United also, barring a win against City, looks really screwed in terms of top 4.

And just like that Kante equalizes, before I even post... back on for Chelsea.

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great response from Chelsea, 2-1 up already. 2 very good goals.

This Burnley isn't holding City, I don't imagine.