Technical Director.

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by juvechelsea, Nov 4, 2015.

1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Koke-type events rarely happened during Kinnear's era. Whether I like him or not, he had a specific way he wanted to play, and most of the time clarity about the players he wanted to get within that system. Even Landin fit a mold, but was simply unfit to execute it.

The Europhiles wanted us to get a Technical Director, talking about personnel and scouting benefits of an allocation of responsibility. People justified it as Kinnear got probably a bit hubristic at the end about his acquisitions, assuming a little too much that any old set of lunchpail players plugged into his system could make us competitive.

However, if you look at what happened this season (a) the personnel decisions were iffy at best and (b) on the key pickup, there appears to be a rift between the TD and HC about the player and his usefulness to the system. Setting aside whether I think we really want to give OC all this time to remake us in his image, perhaps with Bruin still up top............

Is the TD/HC split benefitting the Dynamo or instead providing competing poles of power creating destructive interference in terms of progress to the goal?

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got something here. I am reading tweets from the press conference round table today and what I am seeing is a bunch of "Management by PowerPoint Slide Decks" quotes and allusions to concepts that don't appear to be defined or vetted. Talking about how important RGV USL is and how they need to to compete - that's a year away and something you should have known years ago!! And we won't see anything out of it until 2018!!

I thought the TD/HC split was the way to go, provided the TD was in charge and hiring the coach. Now I feel like Jordan came on, probably had his list of candidates, but then Coyle sent his resume over with a Benny Hill DVD and Canetti was wowed by that so we started off with a dysfunctional marriage.

CeltTexan repped this.
  3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the definitive Benny Hill DVD box set to be sure Westie.
    Which really is a deal breaker to many.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  4. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in lieu of the terrible club mix of the walking dead theme played before the game, it should be yackety sax.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be so over the top goofball, nothing to do with Houston or Gulf Coast U.S.A. culture, but from England's comedian gift to the world connection with Benny Hill and well, the English invented the sport, the song would have some footy connection to them. It sounds original for a U.S. sports teams opening song! HAHAHA!