News: Teams We 10-2 Draw - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #401 Sofabloke, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    I get that sometimes things will happen in football, but hate those types of reckless tackles and the cowardly players who do them (looking at you Moreno and to be fair Rojo too). Hope Neil Taylor gets a long ban.

Bale tackle on O'Shea was shocking too, nowhere near the ball;

2. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that Coleman tackle is hard to watch.

3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, Bale kept trying to apologize all game it seemed and Sheasy wasn't having it.

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    US score, Nagbe is interesting.

jnielsen repped this.
  5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pulisic should have scored though, a bit lucky it breaks to Lletget.

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    US winning 3-0, dont know who scored as I switched to warriors game.

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't see the first but Bradley and Dempsey got the second and third. The third was on a beautiful scoop pass from Pulisic.

8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would pay real money...more than I could responsibly afford....to punch Alexi Lalas in the throat and rid the world of his commentary if only for a day.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  9. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    feels good to finally have a competent coach

jnielsen repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you say so.

11. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    6-0 Dempsey hatrick.

12. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I love how direct Pulisic plays. As soon as he gets the ball he's running at defenders.

jnielsen, Futbol_Head and benni... repped this.
  14. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we could use him on our team

jnielsen repped this.
  15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    #415 Teso Dos Bichos, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    The Coleman challenge was not particularly bad. People are restrospectively judging it based on the injury. Football is a physical game and a contact sport. Injuries will happen.

Bale could have had two reds. At least the yellow means he is suspended for the next match.

The Yank result merely highlights the idiocy of extending the WC and giving more places to trash confederations.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  16. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just you trying to be controversial / attention seeking as usual :)

Was a lunge, ball had gone, was off his feet, was out of control, was two-footed - text book red because it is the very definition of a tackle that may result in a serious injury.

[​IMG]

benni... repped this.
  17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I did not say that it was not a red. What I am saying is you cannot retrospectively judge a tackle based on an injury or lack of one. We have seen worse tackles this year but little is said and there are no superlatives used because none have resulted in a severe injury. Football is a physical game and a contact sport. We like it played at a high tempo and very competitively. Injuries happen.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  18. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You said it was "not particularly bad".

Leaving aside what it caused, it was a bad tackle because he left his feet, lunged in two footed with excessive force after the ball had gone. No place in the game for those type of tackles - so definitely not in the category of "injuries will happen" for me.

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Compare it to the raft of red card challenges this year and also to some that were not called. It is not particularly bad in comparison.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  20. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whether it actually breaks someones leg is down to a host of other factors, many related to the recipient (in particular if it happens to be their standing leg at the time).

Argue relative shades of bad if you like (that is very subjective), but if it is in the category of "leg breakers" owing to all the stuff previously said (excessive force, off his feet, two-footed, not in control) - so it is deep into the category of bad by default.

Some tackles you accept, part of the game, injuries happen etc. But if someone did that to me and I was fortunate enough not to have weight on the contact leg, I would have them by the throat after and many here would too no doubt.

21. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Puli said last year that he worked with Miki closely in training sessions and got a lot of input from him on his movements and reading the game.

Great result for US.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #422 Ashur, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Pulisic, from a technical point of view, is up with the best players the US has produced. Add his mentality, that is only "sharpened" playing for one of Germany's top clubs and there is little doubt he could become a very big deal, not just in the US team, but in the game in general.
    He's that good. I mean, when you get praises from top German football personalities like Lothar Matthaeus or his manager, Tuchel, among many others, that, in itself, is saying a whole lot.
    And the difference in mentality is the main reason I believe he'll end edging Donovan eventually, as the very best the US has produced, should he stay on course.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  23. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's a trash confederation?

24. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He was amazing last night. Aside from the ability on the ball and his end product, he really put in a huge shift. His work rate made that diamond midfield work to perfection last night.

Sucks for Lleget. His play in MLS has long been deserving of a call up. Way better than Zusi or Bedoya.

My question is there's no way Arena plays this same team at Azteca or against Germany. So who gets dropped?

Gilma1990 repped this.
  25. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'd blame a lot on the referee in this game. He let a lot of things slide earlier on both sides. If he had properly given a few yellows earlier to the likes of Long and Walters and a red card to Bale a few minutes earlier, Taylor wouldn't have been so quick to make that reckless challenge.

As for the US, Pulisic, Dempsey and Altidore looked impressive and it looked like the US was given more freedom to attack than under Klinnsman. But then it was Honduras they were playing.