News: Teams competing for Trophies - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Could have gotten Fabinho but Mou wanted a good ol’ boy.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of observations after watching the Arsenal - Villa game. I really like McGinn: mentioned it after the first game of the season and he was superb again yesterday. He works so hard (putting in the miles non stop and some solid defensive work to boot) plus the guy is a genuine offensive threat. Whether it's from his smart runs into the box or just his willingness to let one fly (pretty accurately and powerfully) from long range. Don't know how much Villa would want for him but he'd be a good addition to our midfield.
    Also, hard not to tip your hat off to Auba for what he did yesterday, giving a Pk to Pepe. He is the designated taker for that team, but just as he did last season with Lacazette when he needed a boost in confidence, he willingly gave up the chance to pad his own stats in order to have Pepe break his duck goalscoring wise.
    With that said, I can't help being a bit worried about next Monday. They have their issues, particularly at the back as we well know but going forward they're solid and very dangerous IMO. Getting Pogba and Martial back will be a massive plus for us (and I fully expect a reaction from the guys as well) but it's imperative for the team to raise their levels because what we've seen vs Leicester and WH will absolutely not cut it.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we were shot before the come back

I wouldn’t expect much from arsenal, we have gone off emery and his obsession with the Swiss drifting continent in midfield

We have a chance if he’s dropped

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #304 Ashur, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    I get that he can be frustrating at times, but I'm genuinely puzzled by any talk of Emery out, especially after this weekend. As mentioned, the problems with the defense are well documented and Emery could do better with his selections, but to be fair to him, his options are very limited also. Something that looks to change soon with Holding, Tierney and Bellerin all on their way back: not sure if they'll be ready to return in time for the United game but once they're all fit, that will make a big difference, surely in making your backline much more secure.
    Also, while going down to Villa at home is not necessarily a good look, Villa are not a bad team (better than their current position IMO) who actually played a solid game at the Emirates and Arsenal fought back twice to win the game with 10 men. Arsenal also went to Frankfurt, a tough place to go to and hammered them.
    Agree on Xhaka though and why Torreira doesn't start more in the holding role: that is an issue that is hard to comprehend. The only thing that gives me solace in regards to the coming game between us is that Pogba, Martial and Greenwood should all be back. That and the fact that Arsenal do tend to fold at OT. But putting those factors aside and considering how both teams have looked as of late, can't simply dismiss Arsenal's chances. I do hope, as stated, that the whipping we took yesterday will serve as incentive to get the positive result we need against you guys.

thebigman repped this.
  5. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Messi earns another accolade, will def raise a debate why Ronaldo didnt land it last year.

6. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    #306 Naboomagnoli, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    The thing with McGinn is that what we need is control and the intelligence to determine how the game should play out. I like the idea of McGinn but would he solve the problem we have when we are playing against a low block, or want to keep possession? I know he's at Villa but his pass completion is at around 78% in midfield. Most likely we'd need another signing to perform that conductor's role in the 10 or the 10/8 slot, and if we're selling Pogba then I'd rather have more control further back and more adventure & risk higher up. Having lots of shots from 25 yards only carries so much scoring threat.

Wouldn't be upset if we signed him, he has lots of qualities we need. He just changes the skillset we need to sit alongside him.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Could u guys not look at swapping pogba for veratti? One of spurs cbs this summer, veratti and another winger would be solid

In regards to emery, I wanted to defend him but he makes bad subs, keeps playing xhaka as a holding player who is poor defensively and very slow. He dropped chambers to play a comedy double act who give away a pen each game and seemingly doesn’t set us up to press or sit deep and counter with tight lines

Last season we played a 352 counter attacking system that worked (we rode our luck a lot)

This year he’s trying a very narrow 433 with players out of position and in a horrible shape defensively. We aren’t really dominating any games and the Watford game is an extreme example of why I have gone off him

Structure is the main issue for me and identity

Hopefully things pick up with holding, tierney and bellerin

8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazy to see Spurs upset today in the League Cup. That's one (and probably their best chance at one, with the FA Cup) less chance for a trophy.
    It's the EFL only but that's not what Poch and the club needed. That result should also serve a warning to United as well: we should be able to take care of Rochdale, but we can't take anything for granted (particularly now). We don't want to be bottle jobs ourselves.
    upload_2019-9-24_18-39-22.png

10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone see the Houness told the German NT that if Ter Stegen is made the #1 ahead of Neuer that Bayern will no longer release players for NT duty?

Where the ******** does this guy get off? If I was Low I’d tell him to eat a dick. This guy just thinks he can tell everyone else how to do their job.

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  13. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    It's a crazy thought process. "can't even joke with a friend" on a public international forum. What the ******** did you think was going to happen? If you texted that to Mendy and he took it well, that's between the two of you. On that forum it doesn't even matter what Mendy's opinion is.

thenamestsam, MizzouMUFC and benni... repped this.
  14. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    and yet in 2019 people are still going to play the "i didn't know" and "i have black friend cards".

Guardiola is wrong here too. who gives a flying fxck if he speaks 4/5 languages? that level of education and intellect makes it even worse. how is that a defence of any kind?

topnoevili, benni... and Chaz Striker repped this.
  15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do t get why no one is talking about how Spanish people still think it’s ok to use a red lipped charicature of a black man on a mainstream product

It’s like a goliwog situation (a famous black charicature on marmalade here)

Or like banania in Italy on their cereal

About 80 years Past when it should be acceptable

16. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    it was NEVER acceptable...

LA. MAN UNITED, thebigman and jnielsen repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some interesting matchups in the next round of the Carabao. Will probably be the end of the line for us unless we turn things around in the coming weeks.
    • Everton vs Watford
    • Aston Villa vs Wolves
    • Manchester City vs Southampton
    • Burton vs Leicester
    • Crawley vs Colchester
    • Chelsea vs Manchester United
    • Oxford vs Sunderland
    • Liverpool vs Arsenal

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree, It’s all racist but I meant in society or deemed by the masses

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    When first seeing this, I thought it was a "266k" fine but it's just a measly £266. Great deterrent to tapping up. Barca are appealing this apparently...

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That Barca fine from UEFA...wow.

At this point, just admit to being corrupt, incompetent, or both.

21. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    And they still appeal it... lol

jnielsen and J'can repped this.
  22. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think the fine is okay for the caliber player tapped.

23. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    ? Come on now lol

24. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hate the diva but its a joke.

benni... repped this.
  25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Greasy is who Juve should have signed rather than Ronaldo. Can't believe Juve bailed Madrid out like that.

benni... repped this.