Team News 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 26, 2016.

1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey guys! All the best for you, your family and friends. Have a nice Christmas ;) greeeeeetz

LuckyStriker and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same to you my friend:):D:D:D:thumbsup:

Dage repped this.
  3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Froehes Fest!

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking forward to a Blitzkrieg-like performance after winter pause and in the new year that's just around the corner.
    Lets see how an offensive minded coach such as DH can up our firing power/precision...and stabilize the D
    :eek:o_O:eek:o_O:devilish::alien::ninja:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cant pronounce his name...but rumors are out there about a left winger named " Timothee Kolodziejczak" that my join us from Sevilla?????
    o_O:eek::oops:

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cant pronounce his name...but rumors are out there about a left winger named " Timothee Kolodziejczak" that my join us from Sevilla?????
    o_O:eek::oops:

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Naz--did you know that Bruns was on the Wattenscheid 09 "Jahrhundertelf"??

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Nope....really??? u and i know wattensheid was one of those old school clubs ....LEGEND BRO...they dont make them like that anymore;)

9. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bongartz and Koitka as well.... I saw Bongartz in Columbus when he was with 1 FC Kaiserslautern and saw Koitka play for Frankfurt vs Koeln in 1978.

Found out as I got a t-shirt from Wattenscheid in my annual Christmas package from Sport-Auktion.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #312 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Seems like Eberl still got it!!!!:alien::devilish::alien:
    Much needed armor for the long and daunting task ahead of us...a solid skillful left winger is hired which can also hold the center and also move wider than a regular D player with scoring ability.Am not sure how Eberl pulled this one out...but my hat goes off to our scouts to have intercepted such a player for a reasonable price to :thumbsup:

Defensive player
    Gladbach makes Kolodziejczak transfer perfect

csm_CVMG3765_01_0ee75fa85f.jpg

onlineImage.jpg

https://www.borussia.de/english/team/news/borussia-news/news-detailansicht.html?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=20830&cHash=6e4ad7b1e4e1db91037ec546eac2eea7

Pretty happy with this addition:):D:eek::rolleyes:o_O:ninja::sneaky::thumbsup:
    Maybe now if Josip Drmic also is as determined as he claims and hopefully with a healthy Ibo and Pat Herrmann...we can also give our spear head more freedom and security to breath and NOT play so confused and without a sense of security over whats happening in midfield and our back line ( which most likley will be a floating 4 man line)...plus Raffa does not need to run back and forth btwn D and storm and focus more on scoring gates:devilish::ninja::ninja::devilish:

Attached Files:

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Telekom Cup or not..no team wants to lose.Specially in back to back games after a terrible first half of the season and prep'ing to enter the 2nd half of the season in a few days and climb its way out of a deep hole in the Buli table at 14th!!!!:mad::(:confused::whistling:
    Only plus seeing Drmic healthy and strong enough to play...but then there wasent much spark in his game.Also some of our youngsters where pretty good...besides that we still seemed like the same team under Schubert with the same monkey on our back and not shaken off.As i said it may have been just a simple friendly mini tourni but at the end you could feel and learn about how much change has happened ....and i cant say much:speechless::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::speechless:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems like the EPL is not done with us..and they have found a new gold mine to feed off...seems like Korb will soon join Nordveit and Xhaka....the never ending story of the best feeder club in the world continues!!
    :(:mad::confused::speechless::whistling::eek::thumbsdown:

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So am not the only one worried to death about our away fixture to Darmstadt 98...and that it will be the key factor to our future in the 2nd half of the season.
    Pretty much this game will determine what will become of us come end season...on the other hand seems like Frings has managed to inject a lot of steam into his squad for this fixture.
    I like to see a few of our youngsters on that pitch...in case we lose this we can at least prep them for the games that are coming our way and they certainly have showed more swagger than our starting 11:speechless::thumbsdown::whistling::unsure::eek::confused::devilish::ninja::alien:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mönchengladbach: "It was fun"
    Herrmann is back on the pitch :cautious::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::speechless::whistling:
    For almost three months Patrick Herrmann had to pause due to a multiple ligament tear in the ankle. When Borussia Mönchengladbach started the new training week with wet-cold weather and fog on Tuesday morning, the offensive player was again in the circle of his team-mates, although limited. Nico Schulz and Fabian Johnson were also missing on the pitch.

[​IMG]
    The long period of suffering has come to an end: Mönchengladbach's Patrick Herrmann is back in the circle of his team-mates.
    © imago [​IMG]
    Coach Dieter Hecking had his team, who started on Saturday evening in Leverkusen (18.30 clock, LIVE at kicker.de), in the first unit of the day divided into two groups the player opening as well as play moves. Nico Schulz and Fabian Johnson, who had missed the 0-0 draw in Darmstadt, completed the program in the first group. In the second group, which consisted of the pros who had been in the starting line at the weekend, Herrmann also ran up. Even if he can already participate in a regular unit of the team's training with full body contact, still has to show.

"It was fun to be back on the pitch with the guys, even if it was just a short unit," Herrmann said after the morning training and said, "It was important for me to see what the new trainer asked for in the play area . "

While Nico Elvedi completed an individual unit with rehabilitation coach Andreas Bluhm after his bony skin stimulation on the edge of the training ground, Timothée Kolodziejczak (influenza infection) was missing. The injured Tobias Strobl (tendon tear in the pelvis area), Ibrahima Traoré (tendon tear in the groin), Mamadou Doucouré (muscle injury in the thigh area) and Marvin Schulz (injury in the adductor area) continued their expansion program.

Jan Reinold

Lets see how long he can last...so far our injuries have been more like a curse and black magik if anything else!:ninja::thumbsdown::confused::mad::mad::mad:

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    LuckyStriker repped this.
  20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :cautious:

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    oh no!
    according to DIE WELT, which made an effort to inquire Lars' situation, Jogi is finally thinking about Stindl
    I hope this has no effect at all because it's just Jogi-babble with the objective to not look like a total jerk (even BILD stated on 5th that Löw can't ignore our captain much longer)
    he's telling Stindl could be an "option" for Confed Cup
    „This would be a good opportunity to watch Lars over a longer period“
    yeah, right: a 28 year old who is constantly playing in front of his nose for years has to be watched over a longer period... what exactly is he expecting? Stindl having some extra-special-super-duper-national-team-moves up his sleeve? some breathtaking hidden qualities all his previous coaches didn't bother bringing to light? a replacement for Podolski's part as team-clown?
    Stindl told just yesterday that he's not thinking about the national team because he has his hands full with Gladbach
    ok ok, I'm happy for our captain but honestly: we don't need our experienced key players to join the Nutella-boys... most likely Jogi is only wasting our precious ressources in meaningless international friendlies...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and panicfc repped this.
  22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #322 Rosebud, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    I'd be really happy for Stindl to get a serious run up front with the NT. He's earned it in his career and I was irritated to no end by his exclusion from the euro squad...where he would've been a perfect replacement for Mueller when it became clear that he was in dreadful form.

Would love for the Confed Cup squad to feature Stindl up front alongside some combination of Brandt / Sane / Draxler / Gnabry; in front of a midfield featuring some mixture of Weigl, Dahoud, Goretzka, Kramer, Kimmich, Amiri; and a defense that gives Tah & Sule their first taste of serious roles at a tourney for the senior side...the lineup I'd be most curious to see would look like:

.................................Draxler - Stindl......(Brandt/Werner)
    Gnabry - Dahoud - Goretzka/Amiri - Sane
    Weigl
    Tah - Sule - Kimmich

or

.......................Draxler - Stindl - Werner........(Brandt)
    Gnabry - Weigl - Dahoud - Sane
    Tah - Sule - Kimmich​

23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    actually I am!
    i have to quote myself ;-)
    there cannot be any doubt about that!

that's exactly one of my points! I think Jogi's mind is just not working this way
    when the public/medial pressure gets too high Stindl might be granted some alibi-caps in friendlies... but when there are only slight signs of something like called 'good shape' in the cases of Götze, Schürrle, Gomez and so on we'll see Jogi prefering them over Stindl again I suspect... nonwithstanding that these players didn't had a good season for years (one might count Gomez' turkish season but I don't)

I'm really curious if we see a line-up close to this ;-)
    a lot of fancy (or trendy?... I'm looking for the right word) names... not sure if squad-building works like that (but chances are high I'm too old fashioned ;-)... while this squad is desperately seeking a (sophisticated) workhorse like Kramer I don't think Christoph is in any way close to being invited... and I totally understand this... he surely and finally looks like the real Kramer since Hecking took over but the German midfield is flooded with talent (nonetheless -regarding Borussia- I don't want to exchange him for any of these talents... he just perfectly fits the club)...
    can't imagine seeing Dahoud either (strong competitors plus his obvious need for defensive play-improvement... I'm optimistic he'll manage sooner or later but I'm not sure if Borussia will enjoy the benefits of that)

my other main point: we're still taking part in all three competitions (and with a little bit luck and hard work we might even do this next season)... Stindl is highly important to us and more or less starting every match... additional matches for the Mannschaft might be exactly the straw that breaks the camel's back (ask Ancelotti, Lienen etc. about how appropriate this inflational flood of matches is... ) ... that doesn't help neither Stindl nor the club... and what isn't good for Borussia is bad for me too, I'm really that egoistic ;-)

by the way: 15/16 Stindl scored 10 goals (Buli+CL) for Borussia and 14/15 ten for a club like H96... giving his position/style of play what excactly means Löw when he says that Stindl now has become dangerous in front of the goal, too?

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isnt it obvious by now to all you guys how Jogi clicks and how much he hates to have any Gladbacher's in his units...i if Stindl would actually tell Jogi to shove it where the sun dont shine because he is quite happy with what he is accomplishing with Borussia vs being a puppet for someone that clearly has a grudge and hidden agenda against anyone that wears a Gladbach kit and is just trying to keep the media off his back because he can no longer deny Stindl's quality:whistling::confused:;):speechless::sneaky::ninja:

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You're being linked with a 7M move for this kid