Team News 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 17, 2014.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    indeed we are.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like fine wine.. getting better with age.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Should have kept my mouth shut.But thru all those years ONLY a Borusse:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

panicfc repped this.
  4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm working on a new project now, and a guy reached out to me that is also a Fohlen. Very cool! I'll have a local Fohlen fan if this new project turns out to be full time.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bye Max. Thank you for 2 great years at Borussia-Park ... and enjoy the always fantastic support of the VW fans (especially in away games). ;-))

After all, you get a nice € compensation in Golfsburg (really impressive wages they pay).

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I *did* see Berti Vogts play.....

LuckyStriker repped this.
  7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While you at it..why dont you rub it in my face for the 1000th time??? Bonhof's Hammer that almost ripped off Ray's head:mad::confused::(:(:(:(:(:x3::D

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #509 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Kruse: "Sehe Wolfsburg einen Schritt vor Gladbach"

260x195_uLlQ5NzLm1.jpeg

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ehe-wolfsburg-einen-schritt-vor-gladbach.html

So basically he things the future belongs to the wolves being amongst the elite in the Buli...not the fohlenelf...oh well i respect his opinion...but u never know what the future holds...they are much much richer...but i wouldnt count their money a guaranteed reason to stay amongst the elite in the Buli....of course as panic said if our management starts a bit thinking out of the box...we will be in a much better long term spot in the Bulio_O:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::devilish:

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All that has to happen at Wolfsburg is for VW to change their minds about their sponsorship. It's not likely to happen--but then again, it *did* happen to Bayer Uerdingen, when Bayer dropped out of sports sponsorship excepting for Leverkusen.

11. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #511 Lamprey, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Sad to see him go. He has had his dry spells for both seasons, but he fits so well in Favre's scheme. Lots of smart runs, drops deep, can playmake, when not scoring goals he is still very useful. Hard to replicate this kind of player. Looking at potential replacements in Bundesliga: Di Santo at Bremen, seen people linking Seferovic at Frankfurt, Admir Mehmedi at Freiburg (bad season but on a good team with our players around him could be a huge success), I personally think Shinji Okasaki could be a good one, strong discipline, runs all day, presses hard, not sure he has the creativity that Kruse does but his finishing is about same. I think we need two strikers for next season, don't want to put all eggs in one basket. Not enough confidence in Hrgota and converting Hahn into a full time striker I'm not sold on despite it working in select situations this season (Bayern match).

Picking off the relegation candidates for a cheap option, Joselu at Hannover or Ginczek at Stuttgart are interesting. Kevin Volland is the best replacement for Kruse as like for like. I just don't believe we have a shot at signing him even with automatic CL qualification. He has bigger clubs chasing him and would cost a lot.

We could also bring Bobadilla back :)

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boba and favre in one team...that be a very cold freezing day in hell
    Absolutely agree with your point about Kruse..replacing him is not possible.He was so balanced and above all physical.Tough to the bone.Lots of stories about him not getting along with Favre as well ( or vice versa)!
    Anyway i think we have our hands full...with replacing such a strong smart player that could easily play in so many positions:confused::(

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like to see BMG seal the deal Saturday, as it is the last game of the year I can view. Best of luck in catching Kruseburg while they're at it.............

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are rumours that Favre wants to sign Volland for 15 millions. I think this could be a cracker, Volland isn't as strong as Kruse yet but he has every potential you want. It would also be a strong signal to the rest of the league that we're back not only on the field but also on the transfer market because a lot of big clubs want to sign him. I like if true of course.

From my point of view it would make much sense. Volland could play CL almost sure as a starter in a functional team. Where could he get that elsewhere? Gladbach could sign a striker who is also very capable of playing the ball at his feet and with nice playmaking abilities. For 15 millions it's just 3 more than we cashed in for Kruse so I think this is a very good deal if true. Fingers crossed!

15. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll add toes if it'll help ! Antics with semantics perhaps, but Favre's amoeba attack relies on a different skill set than pretty much any other club I can think of at the moment. Good news : he knows what he needs which makes it easier to narrow the field. Bad news: Those types are rare commodities. Eberl seeking out Gourcoff certainly got my attention. Volland works for me as well. Only drawback is that using all of the "Max Cap" on a replacement doesn't allow for any funds to address the other off-season needs- and I do believe they have a few.............

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll be spending Champions League money to reinforce the squad, plus a few free players.

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicker says Eberl says "no" (and no to di Santo too).

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...rtikel_thema-di-santo_klartext-von-eberl.html

But we shall see....

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont think Di Santo is a good fit for us...nor has much to offer.Definitely no up-grade:thumbsdown:

However ( now that we are in the CL ) Fabian Schär is worth even breaking the bank...:thumbsdown::cautious::whistling:;):D:D:D:ROFLMAO::speechless::speechless:

panicfc repped this.
  19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on both counts.

Schaar is wanted by everyone and his brother, and sister.

Volland, Drmic - both seem to fit us better.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Perhaps Drmic a better choice over Volland??
    As for Schaar...i wish Eberl could somehow use all his power to land this guy...maybe Yann Sommer can convince him?? :rolleyes:o_O:eek::p;):x3:

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Less expensive for sure. I think he would do very well for us.

22. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I trust Eberl to figure this conundrum out. He has done a brilliant job. Only misstep was Luuk de Jong. I'm sure he has learned from that mistake and Favre has more influence now so they will find a striker to fit the system.

Getting Volland I think is down to his character. If he values playing time and the pressure of a very key player over wages and a more prestigious club then he will come. From his days at 1860, he was very grounded and practical so he may be that type of player. I think our main competition is Dortmund and upper mid table EPL sides. We can offer him CL for at least one season and a chance to be the clear starter and focal point up front. Hope he takes it. He has had an ok season, which might drop price to 15m but I could see him costing more.

Drmic may be a decent fit. I like Volland much more. Why would Leverkusen sell him after one season to us tho? With Kiessling getting old, Drmic is a big part of their future. They played real well for stretches with him starting and Kiessling on bench.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bl04 - Song, 22 years old, 11 goals. 29 games
    Brandt - 19 years old, 4 goals, 24 games, over 40 minutes per game
    Drmic- 22 years old, 6 goals, 24 games.. averaged 30+ minutes per game.

Odd man out. Plus I heard that they were looking to De Jong him, and cut their losses. He wants full time PT.

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ive been wanting to ask this..but forget all the time.That hot ham you speak of...is it from the Black Forest:thumbsdown::cautious::unsure::cautious::thumbsdown:

panicfc repped this.
  25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the transfersituation is a little bit unsatisfactory... at least for people who have a distinct tendency to always be curious about new players (like me)

central backer:
    no rumours (a position we are certainly looking for) at all
    the only one which comes to my mind is a pretty old one: Zambrano from Frankfurt... contract expires, a really good player but a little bit hotheaded from time to time
    maybe Nordtveit finally changes to CB, who knows...

attack:
    Volland: stays at Hoppenheim... a smart move financially, a pretty stupid one regarding his career it seems to me
    di Santo: according to Eberl no contact before the Bremen-match (which doesn't mean that there is no contact right now but my impression is that we are not interested)
    Drmic: Fiesling is getting older and older, Son might leave to England and furthermore no rumours about Leverkusen urgently looking for new attackers which makes a transfer to us very unlikely... I'm not sad at heart...
    Seferovic: Favre knows him personally and appreciates him very much... maybe the player he would choose first of all... problem: the guy feels well at Frankfurt and would be very very expensive (not sure if Eberl & Co. are willing to pay transfer fees like that... always having in mind the de Jong-blunder)
    Mitrovic: may be the hottest rumour right now... Belgian sources claim that his agent already has visited Borussia park... a lot of people see him as a huge talent... and a lot of people see him as a box-attacker solely... and unfortunately as speedy as de Jong (which isn't that speedy, of course)... is this a Favre-style player?
    Okazaki: there was a talk about a two-digit-offer from an english club months? ago which Mainz rejected... considering his contract only lasting one year and his age (29) his real marketvalue doesn'nt seem that high... I would take him with pleasure for let's say 5 Mio. because I really like his style of play (Kicker and others reckon we're interested)

the hot discussed question right now is if Stindl isn't replacing Kramer, but rather Kruse
    in the latter case we're apparently just looking for one attacker instead of two but furthermore for an extra defensive midfielder? or do we finally trust in Dahoud?

and then there maybe a lot of names we don't know but which might belong to players the club is REALLY interested in....