Team News 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 17, 2014.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    His been out of form...for most of the season.But still he would always have a huge impact on the game.He just wasent scoring as much as expected...but the ground he covered and relentless effort and ball control..he was just the full package...but him moving like this prove two things again...these players really have no respect for club colors... secondly we continue to be a Feeder Club of sort's...i mean there was rumors he wasent on the same page with with Favre all the time...but boy they com here to Gladbach they showcase their skills and off they are gone...even with someone like favre and the CL in the horizon...we are still not an attractive club for players to hang on to for longer times...am now wondering who's next??????
    This is just horrible...takes you immediately to the times where we had to struggle to keep afloat...specially when you picture Favre can be snatched up as well:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

@Uwe
    Why are we used to this shit concept??? I think we have no choice...and simply cant hold on to the good core players...and as long as this go on we will be in this back and forth limbo situation.Yes we have a reputation for finding quality cheap talent...but at some point thats only good if we can hang on to some of them...build on it...this is like Russian Roulette ...we take one step ahead then 5 steps in reverse!
    I dunno we have a world class home field and Stadia...we have developed impressively...we have made great financial profit each and every year since favre has been there...yet we cant hold on to our players..to me this feels like a disease ( and am not talking only about max's departure) that will never leave this club and its management...and we are hiding it under the rug as club tradition...i think the owners are just happy with the type of lavish life style they have..and the players are also ok with coming here showcasing their talent and then leaving...if we end up in the higher parts of the table the better...a few Euro games here and there if taking place as well...the better...so lets just maintain this mediocre status....because we are banked by one of the biggest fan bases in Germany and Europe :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bottom line is always the bottom line. The Court decision (over there) that in essence renders contract law meaningless is at the heart of your problem imo. To me; your inmates run your asylums.

A little story...........
    Back in the day, I made the acquaintance of a college athletic director (akin to your directors of sport) for an amateur program also struggling to maintain relevance and power amidst an ever-changing sea of Universities with far greater bases, resources......etc.

Additionally; every time they had a Coach come along and demonstrate competence sufficient to grow the brand-they were snapped up by the professional leagues-forcing the school to search over and over again for replacements willing to work for/with less in the hopes of repeating the same process for their own individual benefit.

I mention this only because I once had the occasion to ask that man how he kept his sanity. I learned something that day I've never forgotten in my own life. Something worth repeating. He said : " When I hire a new coach, the first thing I do thereafter is start creating a list of replacements for him-and keep it in my desk. When the inevitable move occurs, I'm ready to react almost instantly.........having already pre-planned for the circumstance I'm never rattled or paralyzed to make my next move. The secret is always to stay one step ahead of the game."

That man eventually retired. His replacements weren't as forward thinking......and the program fell into ruin.
    Eberl strikes me as a similar mind- and young enough to stick around for a long time.

With all due respect to your heroes HGB............that's the Max I'd work to keep happy...............
    Everybody else is replaceable.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    always keep a short list.

Few clubs in the world aren't selling clubs, it is the story of football and economics.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with your point...and specially for a club like us...the Max you speak of is the keystone...but at some point when substantial growth happens and the means are there....you also like to change the status quo a bit and for the better...so you cant blame me for thinking why cant we try to also build a structure to keep our core players longer...meanwhile they can still look and sign cheap talento_O

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe your Under Armor $'s can pour in some more cash into the club...and how about postbank??
    I think we can do much better than them...NO?
    :thumbsdown::whistling::eek:

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not my Under Armor money, but I'm sure it would be for more cash than Lotto or Kappa.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #483 Borussia, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    I think that Kramer's situatiuon (BMG-Leverkusen) is a lot more uncomfortable. Nevertheless, he deals with it impressionally.

Because we can't pay and aren't willing to pay such wages as a couple of other clubs (VW, Pillenkusen, Dortmund, Schalke, not to mention Bayern) do. I'm fine with that.

Owners? Did I miss something? :eek:

Concerning the players: It's their own choice if they want to leave or not. I'm not as nostalgic as you in this matter ... since I believe that everyone is replaceable. And don't forget that it's almost all about money in today's sport business (sadly). We have developed fantasticly and have significant revenues/growth (being a healthy club with many sympathies all over Germany) ... nevertheless, we're not willing to overpay our players and take similar high risks as i.e. "debth clubs" like Schalke and Dortmund.

Our board acts reasonably :thumbsup: ... that's why I'm proud of this club!

Well said.

Borussia1900MG and Lamprey repped this.
  9. Borussia1900MG

Jul 16, 2014
    Sligo
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    100% agree.
    In my time as a Borussia supporter I've seen hundreds and hundreds of players coming and going, and todays, after 45 years they are still there with the 'big guns' and I'm able to stand in the Nordkurve and support them with all my heart.
    When Günter Netzer left for Real Madrid back in '73 for 1M Marks the whole club/supporters was/were stunned and thought there was no hope for success any more, 2 years later I was in Enschede with the lads and we won the UEFA Cup.
    Borussia, unlike many others, has a soul, and with good people like Eberl we all have a chance to preserve that.
    And as my mother, may she rest in peace, always said: Fahrendes Volk soll man nicht halten. Never try to stop a traveller from leaving.

In diesem Sinne: Die Seele brennt!

LuckyStriker repped this.
  10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #485 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Uwe
    Am going to make this simple for you.....what you have said above is nothing new.Thru the years ive seen it in different forms and writing...what you fail to see is the fact that if we are willing to somehow maintain our place among the elite in Germany and hopefully Europe...we need to change that concept.Nobody in the right mind likes a club knee-deep in debt...and over paid players....but there has been a lot of luck riding on our side recently ever since we grabbed favre..we need to change this tradition you speak of because according to you..the footballing world has changed and money is KING...so the days of BOKELBERG are long gone when we could bring in young dirt cheap players and compete with the likes of Hollywood...at this point we need to somehow also move in the direction of making this club a more lucrative place for quality players/stars to remain and stick around longer.....hard work good scouting and some miracle has awaken this Giant German Footballing Club ...but make no mistake ..once we lose this core of players..and who knows how long favre will stay....or how much longer Eberl will have his magic wand...we will nose dive back into relegation battle...we are financially healthy only because favre saved our ass..and i dont think this will last forever...to cut a long story short now that the elements are available we need to get closer to the modern day concept of professional footballing & club management ( which am no fan) and do are best to keep these players...I DONT AGREE every player is replaceable...sorry my friend.Specially this group that has come together with extremely precision work!
    Our board just needs to kiss favres ass Uwe...this is the same board that was sinking faster than a WWII battle cruiser with Mike Frontzeck just a few years back...lets NEVER forget that.So we shouldnt take our record and past 3 seasons with favre for granted!

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know about that soul..and culture..grew up with it...cried with it...but its not simply enough..not anymore.We cant continue to think there is this never ending stream of fine cheap young players that we can fetch and compete amongst the top 5-6 Buli teams.Am proud we sign our youth players to our regulars every year probably more than many other outfits in the Buli...but now that we have formed this solid foundation with favre...why not move further into the direction of trying to hold on to our players ??? Or at least look at the options....As for your dear Max Eberl...he has been extremely lucky with signing favre ( and we have all loved & enjoyed it as fan's so far ) and some other players...but this will not last forever !

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh that's a given...they can blow away both Kappa and lotto out of the water combined:speechless::thumbsup:

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key for clubs like BMG is they need to look outside the box, be creative, and beat the others at the new game. Sadly, my experience says they won't make that move, while others are interested.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #489 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Thank you for explaining my point...in a more efficient and simple way with not so many words.Totally agree...we need to catch up ..and while cherishing our kultic club and club culture but also look outside that box u speak of..in order to keep afloat..and now is the best time b/c we are getting close to a CL spot....well put Mr.Panic :thumbsup::D;):rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
    And thats what i exactly meant shouting out at Uwe...our management seems happy with their heads deep in the snow..taking this success for granted...we simply no longer can go to a .50 BMG
    gun fight with Brno Rifle:mad:

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!
    Max Kruse
    :mad:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ZWEI NULL

Pat Herrmann :D:D:D:thumbsup::D:D:D

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #492 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    They can take that 8-1 record loss and not losing history at Gladbach and slide it up...where the sun dont shine:whistling::whistling:;):D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    You can only ride that gravy train for so long:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And Ibrahima drills in the last nail in Aspirinmeister's coffin....what a result and how to put that ugly record to rest..in such an important game for Auto CL qualification :eek::unsure::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumbsup::ROFLMAO::D

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and you're in the wrong thread ;)

Match discussion ;)

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what do u expect...am pushing 48:sick::speechless::(:(:(:(

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    53... and I get it right ;)

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    59 here....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok ok alright i get it.......am the Official Space Cadet of the fohlenelf here:speechless::speechless::speechless::x3:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wolfsburg snap up Mönchengladbach star Kruse 1415_wob_bmg_kruse_628.jpg

Well cant complain at least it was quick and efficient ...at least it didnt turn as painful as the Reus departure:confused::(:thumbsdown:

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hot ham are you guys old :p