Team Design Ideas

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by Benchwarmer32, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    Based on the poll, with the top vote getters at the top. I included a couple different designs for some of the top vote getters, keeping in mind that we can always mix and match the jerseys to whatever team name we want. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
  3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    These are all good, it was hard to choose! I like the striped orange ones, but I really like the Barons and Bavarians designs. Green has to come back to MLS.

Great job!

4. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    can't view the images. maybe you could upload the pictures via www.tinypic.com ?

5. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    post 4000

benchwarmer - please disregard my PM.

Looks like the pictures are showing up now for me.

---------

I like the second Baron's mock up. (mostly cause i really dislike it when teams where the same color or jersey, shorts, socks. Whether it be all white, black, red, yellow, etc.

I also like the orange and black striped ones. However, one of those mock uniforms will need to have a shorts color other than white.

6. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
  7. sprintjeløy1926

sprintjeløy1926 New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Madwaukee
    love the sleeves on the bavarians design

8. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    If a name used hearkens to nobility, I sincerely hope that rules of heraldry are closely followed. Rules of heraldry govern what colors can be used together on coats of arms, flags, and other devices. Essentially it boils down to the fact that you can't put a color on a color or a metal on a metal. Metals are gold and silver. Colors are most other things. Thus, green is not allowed on black because it's hard to see a long way off (Rules of heraldry was developed in large part so that knights (and others) could recognize each other across a battle field (it's hard to recognize a person under all of that metal).). White on green, however, is acceptable because white and yellow correspond to silver and gold. If you look around you'll see that these rules are used in a lot of things, such as street signs (e.g. white on green for highway signs) and older license plates (some of the newer ones have gotten away from it and consequently are almost impossible to read--see Colorado's denim plates of the 90s where the denim was really close to a silver color and the letters and numbers were white). Wisconsin's plates are red on white IIRC, so that works as good heraldry as well.

Furs are another category separate from colors and metals, but is composed of a combination of a color and a metal. I mention this because there is one which seems appropriate for a Milwaukee team--Eisenhutlein. This is the German heraldry term for a type of fur. The name translates to "little iron hat" because it looks like one. Since I have no idea how to post pictures from the web, here's a description: it's a repetitive pattern, in Milwaukee's case it could be silver and green, kind of like a checkerboard, but with a hat pattern (see http://www.arrakis.es/~josjoa/index6.htm or http://www.mesopotamia-2001.com/heraldica/html/heraldica4.html (the Veros in row 1 and the Veros en punta).

Note that colors can be placed next to colors for the backdrop (field). But the figure or writing placed over it would need to be a metal or a fur. The opposite is also true. A color can be next to a metal, but if you have a figure (charge) on top of this, the figure would need to be counterchanged (which is a pretty cool effect, for an example see http://hausvdk.com/devices/avel.gif).

Regarding the shirts above, I like the first shirt of the second set of Milwaukee Barons kits, and the Milwaukee Bavarians device, though I would prefer the above mentioned fur, Eisenhutlein, instead of the checky. But it would likely be easier to get a shirt maker to make the checky than the fur.

9. Pygmalion

Pygmalion New Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Bay View, WI
    With a few tweaks I like the Barons 1 jersey. Maybe white shorts with the green shirt.

My main concern is that the good Baron appears to be wearing heels.

You've outdone yourself again Benchwarmer.

10. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like the name warriors, but the logo design and uniform is better then the rest by far.

11. matzek73

matzek73 Member

MNUFC
    Apr 27, 2003
    Golden Valley, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milwaukee Bavarians - I like the name, the green color and the checkered pattern.

The 2nd Barons design would be my second choice.

12. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    you're obviously not from Milwaukee or have no sense of humor.

:)

peter

13. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    I would go with the uniform design of either the Milwaukee Iron FC or Milwaukee Iron Horse SC, with the following logo design used as/incorporated into the badge.
    [​IMG]
    As I've previously stated elsewhere in this forum, the logo should be altered so that the upper banner would read Iron Horse SC and the lower banner would read Milwaukee.

14. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Don't worry, I got the same remarks when I first suggested "Warriors" at the beginning.

15. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im totally like the Iron Horse or Iron SC. I like the direction the name is going. It remindes me of the Of some of the old school teams Like Bethelhem Steel from the 20's. The team was pretty much owned by that steel company. So if you go with anything that goes back to the heritage of the city it would be great. Good Luck.

16. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Benchwarmer. Great job with all of these designs! Thanks for doing the V-twin engine badge for Milwaukee Iron FC. It still needs to be refined, but it gives people the concept that I was trying to describe. And I love the Orange and black kits. If Peter can get the Motor Company on board it would be a real winner.

I also think the second Milwaukee Barons FC design is fantastic. I love the name. I love the badge. And I also like the green and black or green and white kits. Although I would stick with forrest green. (What can I say, I'm a Michigan State fan)

Good stuff!

17. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Masterful job on all of those........I like the concept of green or orange. I'm not crazy about the badges but you put in a ton of work on em so i am definitely not gonna criticize.

Did you look at the new adidias designs for the 2006 season? I know they have control over all the designs (I like yours better!) but those specs have to be considered in uniform design.

Anyhow Great job, those are all pretty cool!

18. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    I did consider the designs for the 2006 Adidas kits when I made these, however, those 2006 designs are hard to find on the Internet, at least in a quality that makes redesigning them possible. I realize that the final design will reflect the Adidas kits of the year that we enter the league, however, each of the basic designs could be altered to fit the new kits. For example, the stripe down the left (or right as it is viewed online) of the shirt for the first Milwaukee Barons design could be used in any of the Adidas kit designs for 06, 07, 08 or whatever. Well, hopefully....

19. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We would have to then change the name to the "bronze hawks".

20. Pygmalion

Pygmalion New Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Bay View, WI
    It looks like we have a lot of talent in this forum and Benchwarmer is obviously bumping up the standard. Now I'm wondering if we have any clothiers around here. Looking at those Barons (1) shirts again I feel like sporting one right now. Plus we'd be walking billboards for the effort.

21. eejit

eejit Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Wolves gets my vote, great job.

22. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fabulous! I think the first Barons design is going to win. The more I hear the name, the more I like the sound of it. It's original for a U.S. side, but it has ties to the old world, which is cool. I really like the black/green combination and would recommend that as the home kit. Excellent work.

23. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the orange. I'm torn between the Bavarians and Iron Horse. I think either would be great.

Thanks for putting the designs together.

24. olderandwiser

olderandwiser New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Milwaukee
    I can't see naming the team Bavarians unless there is something in the works to link the MLS team to the same name Club that has one of the longest standing soccer traditions in Milwaukee. Anyone?

25. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice work.

Please feel free to do more....and some for Toronto whilst you're at it.