Takefusa Tsubasa - The Official 久保 建英 Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What player is Valverde expected to be? What's his standout skill?

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He reads the game well, has excellent interceptions, tackles well, shoots hard, and has a decent passing range.

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I am judging him by a large sample. He fails in comparison with Llorente especially when it comes to playing deep position.

Hsain85 repped this.
  4. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is no doubt in my mind that Llorente is better than Valverde and by a good margin.

5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well he is a different player, Llorente is certainly further along in his development but as this season goes on I have no doubt minds will be changed about Fede, the kid is talented.

6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fede is a wonderful midfielder, glad we kept him at least.

I was always hoping that Kovacic, Llorente, Ceballos and Fede take over from the current crop, but it wasn't meant to be. It would have been a formidable midfield that has it all - passing range, quickness, dribbling, grit, energy and its Fede that provides the tactical awareness more than anyone else. Sigh.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Maybe as b2b, but i fail to see the hype while being played as DM or CDM.

8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

Sounds crazy, and I guess not many will agree, but if only one spot is open, between Vin, Rodrigo, and Kubo, I'd pick Kubo :ninja:

Maybe too early, but to me he seems to be the real deal out of the three, and with unlimited potential if he plays with better players than the u19 squad or castilla.

9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The things is, picking Kubo would mean breaking Vinicius. That's not a risk worth taking for a 45ME investment, in particular as Fede receives his citizenship in September. Kubo (who I agree looks super, super ready) will be fine and will make quite a lot of minutes in the Copa I reckon. Spectacular talent!

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since Japan doesn't allow dual nationality, will Kubo occupy one non-EU spot even after three years in Spain?

11. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Yes, he will always be non-EU.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup.

13. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe if he was from a small nation that'd have been an option, but Japanese people are usually proud, and he'd lose his huge following instantly.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, at least Militao and Rodrygo will get Spanish citizenship in 2022. Vinicius will get it in 2021. Maybe we can afford to have Kubo as non EU throughout his RM career given his talent and marketing potential in Japan.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Roberto Carlos only got Spanish citizenship in 2005 despite joining RM in 1996. Ronaldo also got in 2005 after joining in 2002. Guess there was a rule change that year reducing the number of years to 3 to be eligible. So we basically had Roberto Carlos as non-EU for 9 years. It won't be an issue with Kubo if he turns out to be a starting quality player imo.

https://www.worldsoccer.com/news/roberto-carlos-granted-spanish-citizenship-66857

16. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    :ninja:
    I would take the risk.

Kubo impressed me more than Vin in all the chances he got to do so.

I don't say he's MBappe-like, but you can feel there's something the same way when you could watch young MBappe at Monaco, and the same with Felix last year :ninja: There's a "spark". :ninja:

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This kid is special. Best signing of the summer by a good mile

Mimadridsta, madridista_hr and Ayayain repped this.
  18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #118 Ayayain, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    And there's a good chance we will only make him play with average players miles away from his level. I don't see how he is supposed to improve with that logic.

Even in that recent Japan-Chile game he impressed despite Japan being beaten 4-0. He was like shinning despite the big defeat when he got in.

Sometimes you have to force your destiny.

If MBappe didn't force his way, he would have spent at least one more year with the Monaco B team with teammates miles away from his level "because at this age you don't play in the first team. It's like a rules".

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't need to sell me on Kubo, look at my posts. I'm a huge, huge admirer. Just saying I'd be careful with certain choices. Vinicius was mighty impressive last season as well, let's not forget that. I'm glad I don't have to make these choices!

20. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mbappe at 18 had a better physique than most athletes in their prime, that definitely helped him a lot, Kubo -though not too shabby, considering his size- still needs to get better in this regard, and he will, in time.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Messi was playing CL at 17 years old looking like he's 14.

Digital and Ayayain repped this.
  22. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he still looks like a 14 years old with plenty of steroids in him.

23. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's more of a dwarf than a hobbit though, and iirc he had some big injuries at the time.

24. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Point was that sometimes there are young players that are already too good to rot in B teams for a year or two.

25. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The point was clear, but the example wasn't a good one to say the least. Both show(ed) maturity beyond their age, but one was a top 1% athlete, while the other is far from it, he can only improve though.