Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course. He has made it clear he wants to play in Europe. That's why it would be unfortunate.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No more news about Young-gwon? Time is running out.

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Seems like the interests have faded. Couldn't find any recent news besides a stupid report about Ghuangzhou unwilling to let him go for free (stupid because it's natural to expect a fee for a player who has a contract, no matter if he's not in your plans). Even thoug it's still time until transfer windows closes, I wouldn't expect too much at this point. In worst case, he will go to ME or sit out his contract in reserve team (at least til winter).

seolseol repped this.
  4. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any KYG news?

5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Sadly, it looks like KYG can't find a club and will be playing for Ghuangzhou B team until winter... :confused:

6. Uranusisnext

Uranusisnext Red Card

Grêmio
    South Korea
    Aug 16, 2018
    Just goes to show how difficult it is for Korean defenders to find a gig in Europe. Hong Jeong-ho threw away the opportunity for Chinese dirty money and look at him now.

7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    HJH is doing decently for Jeonbuk though.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So fkcing depressing. Ghuangzhou B.
    From scoring and being MOTM against the world champions to this shite, brutal.

9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hong Jeong-ho was mediocre at Jiangsu. He followed the $$$ and Choi Yong-soo only to end up getting replaced with another foreigner later on. He is getting his form back with Jeonbuk, but he has to go back to Jiangsu since it is a loan move.

(iirc) Guangzhou is asking too much for his transfer fee which makes it more harder for him to find a team.

Bit off topic, but I don't understand when people defend the Chinese league saying its a league that help a player's career or some other nonsense. The only players that are able to go back to Europe are players that had a European resume/had major interests from Europe before choosing Chinese money. The likes of Axel Witsel, Anthony Modeste, Hulk, Ricardo Goulart, Paulinho, etc. can all easily go back/go to Europe. These guys can all have the agents, European resume, and European interest to go back.

I have yet to see an Asian player move from the Chinese league to Europe because of their talent. The last time a Chinese player moved to a major European league (Zhang Xizhe) was because of a sponsor deal with Volkswagen. Zhang Xizhe did not play a single match for Wolfsburg and went back to Beijing Guoan the same year.

Also the league is terribly operated. The CFA can make whatever rules they want during the season. An example is Tianjin Quanjian's (Kwon Kyung-won's club) situation with Anthony Modeste and Axel Witsel. Since both of them left the club, the CFA may allow Tianjin to get foreign players outside the transfer window for the Asian Champions League. They're doing this so a Chinese club can have a chance to win the continental title. The league is a entertainment league more than a development league at this point.

chook90 repped this.
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I knew they would fkc this up. No wonder no chinese players hasnt been over in a european league for many years. They live in a fantasy world.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It's not only him, for example Ramires has been playing for Jiangsu B.

seolseol repped this.
  12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sad. Not all glamour in China.

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

14. smrmgmd

smrmgmd Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There's a rumor in Korean football websites that Hwang Uijo is expected to sign with Werder Bremen in January if he gets military exemption. Don't know the exact source or how credible this is.

piesofmeat314 repped this.
  15. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  16. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    I doubt it. If it happens tho, can't wait for all of us to hoop on his ggochu after bashing him.

chook90 repped this.
  17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Aren't Weder Bremen still scarred from their LDG mistake?

18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Ahahah

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Werder dpesn't play with a classic striker. They have a false 9 in Max Kruse (captain) who is like Firmino on top, with wing forwards next to him (Kainz, Osako, Rashica, etc). Behind Kruse they have young, talented backups in Eggestein and Sargent. Sounds like baseless rumors to me because Werder has been linked to many Korean players in the past. But I think Hwang's performance could have alerted some smaller BL teams like Nurnberg ;)

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    free agents can't sign post window?

22. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Anyone have an idea of what JGH's potential is now?
    Seems like he was always the forgotten one among the Barca trio..
    ik he's still young but he's looking like a bit of a bust at this point. Hopefully Pohang and revive his career and he can break into the first team somehow.

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dunno who could watch greek reserve matches. I think he was unhappy on personal level too.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He said there was something behind the curtains that he can't talk about. Some misunderstandings with his agent or something. Sounded very unhappy and eager to restart in Korea.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It seemed like it was a bait and switch type situation where they offered him first team and he was stuck in reserves. That looked dirty from get go with multiple players with same agent signing on.

Anytime that you're instagramming Shawshank, it can't be fun.

chook90 and aeh1991 repped this.