Taegeuk Warriors General Transfer Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I agree about the unfortunate situation. My examples fit into your descriptions. Fair enough. However, I disagree about Europe moves harming NT chances. They suffer at the beginning because they need to adapt, cant get regular pt and so forth. Eventually, players in Europe get their chances tho (Kwon, Hwang, LSW, etc).
    Suk is a special case as he was the scapegoat of Korean managers having their biases, for two times in a row. It could also have turned out differently. Dont forget that STY considered both him prior to his injury. Prior to 2018 WC, Suk was struggling in Turkey and Hungary so it was logical to get ignored at that time. As opposed to that, LCY got tested by STY, PJH by Stielike, YSY and PJY went to the WC in 2014. They all had no first team action at that time, but playing in Europe with the experience they got from that, was a huge merit.

Dude.. besides Kwon, every one of them went like 5-7 years ago. That means you have one example.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #2102 takeuchi, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Compared to K league based players? It did..
    For example, Park JH started his EU career in Swiss and .. even with CL experience, he was ignored by KFA/KNT (including by fans.. even in this forum). It wasn't until he moved to BL did he start getting few mins with KNT (and as utility player instead of his best position). Unless they become stars like Son or play every weekend in one of the big leagues, didn't really help them w/ NT career.

And? Transfer fee for Korean players remained the same while it inflated in all other parts of the world. With Kwon as the only "recent" transfer from K League to Europe... since Hong JH, one can conclude EU clubs are even less inclined to gamble on Korean players from small league for 1-2m.

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol. I'm glad that all these players dreaming of Europe every window are seeing their offers disappear in a couple weeks or turn down a club because of cold feet

keep dreaming the dream and swallowing all the bullcrap these agents keep throwing out to excuse failure getting their mediocre player to the dreamland.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    It makes no sense to generalize that after one transfer by a club that has not spent more than 2 mio on one player in the last 10 years. Dijon is poor af. 1.5mio on Kwon was a serious price for them, not a gamble. This year, Sliti moved permanently after his loan for only 2 mio, even if he was their best player last season.

5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    past decade.. the last 10 years, i gave you more than one player as an example (of which, was my initial statement & argument from start).

you pivoted, switched to past 5 years ... with Kwon CH as the only player who moved to Europe. at the same time, you ignore to realize the sad part of your argument. ONLY ONE.. Kwon CH was bought by European club.

When guys like Ji, Hong, Lee CY.. Ki SY and etc were bought, they weren't purchased by rich clubs. they were all poor like Dijon or newly promoted clubs just like Dijon.

The main point, not a damn thing has changed for Korean players. For EU clubs, even 1-2m is big gamble to spend an unproven player from a league that isn't even popular with their own base. The fact only one transfer has happened is even more indicative of it..

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Read my quote correctly. I said that Dijon didn't pay more than 2 mio on one player in the last 10 years. Those 10 years didn't have to do with your comment about Korean player's transfers in general.

7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

and i answered.

Hong JH for example.. when FCA bought him..it was their record transfer at the time (ranked 14th overall in record arrival now)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-augsburg/transferrekorde/verein/167

edit - next transfer from K League to Europe.. whomever it may be, will be in exactly the same situation as guys like Kwon CH, Hong JH and so forth. it will be some small & poor club.... and that 1-2m euro is big gamble.

8. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    aeh1991, edlee1992 and HojuSaram repped this.
  9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Inb4 takeuchi says it's bs

10August2012, aeh1991 and Hodori repped this.
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hahaa

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hopefully it's Hertha Berlin so I can watch him in person...

12. HojuSaram

HojuSaram Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Says the team is asking for him to be sent over ASAP and that it’s one of the newly promoted teams (Fortuna Dusseldorf or FC Nurnberg). Let’s hope it’s true..

Hodori repped this.
  13. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    He'll come at you swinging like JSR. :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    oh nevermind then...

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    great if the article is true.. except the credibility of the source is awfully low. everything is based on.. "supposed guy with knowledge" & nothing from German media atm. if the article is true.. if some "president" & coach really wants Lee JS.. i feel it is something German reporters would report :coffee:

anyways, Dusseldorf or Nuremberg.. all newly promoted clubs have spent next to nothing so far this summer. majority of their signings are free transfers. can either of them spend 1-2m euro on Lee JS? if one of the rumored clubs truly sign Lee JS, most likely.. it will be as record signing.

16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Who said that 25+ players cant get a contract? :coffee:

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm gonna wait. I'll believe when I see it. True for everything in life.

aeh1991 repped this.
  18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #2118 takeuchi, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    HojuSaram repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hopefully it's Hertha Berlin or Union Berlin so I can meet him in person. Who knows, we might even bump into each other. I'll make sure to take some pics and post it on BSK.

Also thinking of seeing Koo Jacheol and Ji Dongwon. Ji Dongwon might be harder though if he goes to Darmstadt because Union Berlin tickets are impossible to get apparently. I can attend Hertha Berlin games though for 9 euro apparently and they are almost never full even though they play in first division. I'll make sure to take some pics.

21. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A team that almost gained promotion last season

23. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against Korean players?

Hodori and jinseokyang repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Even the Chief himself, said LJS he's going to leave and he will play his last match August 5