Taça CTT 2016/17 Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Nov 29, 2016.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL andre with a tap in to an open net and he skyrockets it.

That's gonna make the rounds

2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Penalty lol

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    93rd minute GHOST penalty to Setubal - what a joke just give the cup to Benfica

vilafria repped this.
  4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a joke - 2-1 setubal final didnt even give any time after the pk

Que grande roubalheira, someone please rename this the Benfica Cup

No question we didnt have a good game but there were a lot of bad calls in this game ending with the PK that didnt exist

5. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I only caught the tail end of the game. But that was a horrible call. No foul. But what can you do? None of this matters if they don't turn the ball over at half. This team has been very shaky at the end of games all season. I dunno why Andre made that super high lobbed back pass to William, just get the ball forward and stand over it with 1:30 left... Then the William turnover. I knew something bad was coming.

That's was a joke though.

vilafria repped this.
  6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If Andre didn't miss a sitter (seriously he was 2 yards out, he skyrocketed it!) we would've won.

This is a stupid cup, seriously the tie breaker is average player age?!?! And there isn't even a Europa League birth or anything - we seriously should just play the youth players in this competition.

And Jesus' stubbornness is costing us - we need to really consider getting rid of Castaignos, Markovic (I'd get rid of Douglas too if Semedo wasn't injured)

vilafria repped this.
  7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    ditto.

Why even waste money in this competition if you don't want to win it ? I just watched one of the worst teams assembled to represent Sporting. Not only were the players of 3rd division caliber , but so were the coach and the referees . Painful to watch.

8. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    OK. I was a bit harsh. Beto had an OK game.

9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Is that what tie breaker is ?!?!?

I just assumed it was h2h

10. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Apparently not. Even on points. Even on goal difference. And 3rd level is the average age of used players. The lower the better.

11. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bruno "Big Baby" de Carvalho is apparently calling back Geraldes and Gauld because of this loss. Nice, good for them to rot in the B team.

I really don't understand what is going on in his head sometimes. Every action he takes makes Sporting look smaller and smaller.

Personally don't care at all about cup games, pretty embarrassing though. Looking back, Adrien should've been sold in the summer. This is close to Godinho years.

Also LOL at Andre's two missed sitters. No wonder the Brazilians were laughing at us when we signed him.

13. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'd love to have those two back and in the team but we know they won't get played so what's the point

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Geraldes was already being discussed for a return long before this Setubal game, so I don't think BDC is doing anything out of spite towards Setubal. The referee is the issue here, not Setubal. So I'm confused as to why anyone would make unsupported claims or assumptions. Unless, of course, you are reading from a pro-SLB tabloid, which does anything to shit on SCP.

If Adrien was sold in the summer, we wouldn't be in 4th place, we'd be in 10th place. He is easily the most important player on this squad. But part of the reason for that is the way this club has failed miserably in the summer transfer window, which I think has more to do with Jesus than BDC. If we had more money, we can purchase a $10 million bench warmer like SLB does. But we don't win anything, so there is no money. The colinho does not help. I've given up on Portuguese soccer. This shit seems more fixed than Italy.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What unsupported claims or assumptions?

16. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Adrien should never have been sold. So you're saying you'd have been happy with Elias as our starting number 8? As @SCP_16 says that would be ludicrous and we'd be in mid table at best

vilafria repped this.
  17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol whats the difference between mid table and 4th? I'd rather have 45mil and rebuild a team that clearly isn't working. Not gonna see money like that for him again. He hasn't even been playing well, just like the rest of the squad. No point keeping players who are unhappy.

18. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Quite a lot really, we'd still get European football in fourth

The fact of the matter is we had no time to bring in a suitable replacement and even if we rushed a signing they would've been shite judging by our other signings. Made sense to keep him because like I said could you really have suffered Elias in the middle on his own until January ??

vilafria repped this.
  19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yea - Adrien hasn't played that much better than Elias. We'd still be in 4th realistically. Patricio and Gelson are the only onse on this teams that have been playing decently.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Next summer if we get an early bid for one of our star players we should consider it. It's better than selling our star players a day before the window closes and we're forced to get Markovic on loan.

vilafria repped this.
  21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I take issue with that. No way are they on the same level of play. Without Adrien I'm certain that a mid-table or worse would be a reality .

OK. I hope that was said in jest because it would otherwise show that you lack basic understanding of the meaning of a national 1st division soccer competition .

AlexJones19 repped this.
  22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I thought it was obvious... yes i was being facetious...

Take all the issue you want, Adrien, like the rest of the squad, has been shit.

I've said it for years, when Adrien plays well, the whole team plays well. Adrien has not been playing well and the teams performance reflects it. Seems pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here.

vilafria repped this.