Sydney Roosters issued with a $20,000 NRL Breach Notice

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by Costaki, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Costaki

Costaki New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    The National Rugby League will issue the Sydney Roosters with a $20,000 Breach Notice over comments made by their Chairman, Nick Politis, regarding the judiciary.

The NRL has repeatedly stated that clubs and officials may comment on decisions in the game but that they may not bring into question the integrity of individuals or of the NRL’s tribunals.

“The passion of a Grand Final does not change what has been a basic principle of the NRL and the game over a long period,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“We have a system that allows people a great deal of room in which to express opinions without attacking people’s integrity.

“There are clear boundaries and clubs know that they will be fined if their representatives cross those boundaries.

“It is hard, on the surface of what has been presented, to think of a clearer breach of the rules than a completely unfounded suggestion of political interference in the judiciary process.

“The Roosters have five working days in which to answer the Breach Notice.”

ALSO PEOPLE DONT FORGET GREECE ARE PLAYING ITALY FOR THE IONIO CUP ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT MARCONI STADIUM 7:00PM EST. SO HEAD OVER TO THE GAME OR IF YOU CANT CAUSE YOU DONT LIVE IN SYDNEY HEAD OVER TO www.greekrugbyleague.cjb.net THERE WILL BE A FULL GAME REPORT ON MONDAY/TUESDAY. GO GREECE

2. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    i always thought those kind of rules are a bit stupid. they are allowed to question in game calls, but not tribunals?

here in the states, coaches get fined for that kind of stuff too.

i just find it dumb (yeah, i know i am using such great thought and word selection here) that people can only speak their minds on certain issues.