Swiss Abroad 2004/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by Nico Limmat, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Here's a funny transfer in the making. Former U20 international Adnan Jasari (YF Juventus) is on his way to the classic hungarian club Ferencvaros, a second division spanish club has also shown interest!
    And this guy doesn't even seem to be a regular (13 games this season) at his club, 16th placed in the Challenge League!!?

source Top11.ch

2. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    A strange transfer indeed, right up there with the Buess to A-League one.

PS: Rennes and Frei reached the Uefa Cup in the last round.

PSS: Bastia got relegated. Wonder what's next for Haas (his contract runs out in June.)

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Who does that Buess guy play for in the A-League????

4. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  5. SERVETTE RIP

SERVETTE RIP New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Thanks, that article was hilarious... looks like good old Remo is up for some fun with the female Aussie supporters! :)

6. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Brescia was relegated today. That shouldn't have any impact on Vonlanthen who will most likely go back to PSV, but it looks like Serie B for Zambrella (maybe that's better for him playing time wise?)

7. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    - Levante and Celestini got relegated from the Primera Division.

- Vogel won the Dutch Cup with PSV.

8. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Maybe it'll be best if Haas returned to GC?
    Especially now that Lichsteiner will leave

9. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Slavisa Dugic will join Salernitana

10. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Nah...Latour said that Roland Schwegler will fill that gap. Besides, he's too expensive for us.

Interesting transfer by Dugic...a tip from Shala?

11. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    I thought Haas only had a contract until the summer or a clause in which he'd be free to leave if Bastia were relegated

Does this mean Roland Schwegler has put all his injury problems behind him?

Most likely :p

12. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Looks like it, I sure hope so. Before he got injured he was close to making the national team. As for Haas...I doubt he's ready to give up major league salaries yet (and even if, he makes me cringe enough with Switzerland.)

As expected, Vonlanthen has been called back by PSV. Since they are stacked with quality forwards they will most likely loan him out to another Dutch team (possibly Waalwijk or Kerkrade.) Makes sense, he will get more playing time and it's easier for PSV to observe his progress.

13. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Don't know if we can count him as a swiss yet but M'Futi has signed for relegated Istres...
    Stupid move if you ask me...well not as stupid as Rama :rolleyes:
    He's still quite young though

14. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very Interesting. I thought that Twente was a much better place for him. I wonder how much Istres offered him. It must have been a bunch because he had to have offeres elsewhere.

15. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Are we talking about the same guy? :confused:
    Think you are referring to N'Kufo
    I'm talking about M'Futi of Xamax

16. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow!!! That was a major brain cramp there. Thanks for the correction. I think I must more tired that I thought.

17. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Speaking of, he recently scored his first goal for Augsburg after a nearly season-long injury.

Also, we all missed that Alexandre Comisetti got promoted with Le Mans! That makes seven Swiss in Ligue 1 next year.

18. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Frei
    Rochat
    Gygaz
    Lichtsteiner
    Grichting
    Lonfat
    Comisetti

and
    Maybe Celestini?

19. SERVETTE RIP

SERVETTE RIP New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I'm afraid that won't be the case, apparently Le Mans won't renew his contract...

20. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    And Celestini will probably stay with Levante, his contract runs for another year

21. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Senderos could be ready for a huge contract with Arsenal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-senderos_interview&prov=reuters&type=lgns

20-year-old Senderos told Reuters he fully expected to sign a new deal in July, keeping him in London until 2010.

Also a plug for the young Swiss players:

Senderos himself captained the Swiss under-17 side that pulled off a major upset to win the 2002 European Championship -- earning Switzerland its first title in international football.
    In an impressive show of solidarity, Senderos will be leaving the Faroes immediately after Saturday's match to captain the Swiss under-20s at the World Youth Championship in the Netherlands -- along with fellow first-team youngsters Reto Ziegler of Tottenham Hotspur, Hanover's Tranquillo Barnetta and Brescia's Johann Vonlanthen.
    "I think the tournament will be very important for Swiss football," Senderos said when asked why he was still prepared to help out at the junior level. "And for me personally to play a World Cup -- well, you don't go to a World Cup every day.
    "When I get there though I just have to play football and be part of the team, just like the others. I'm not the special one or whatever."

22. stockholm

stockholm New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Hi everyone!

Since there is a Swiss player in the team I support, I found this page quite interesting. The player's name is Feliciano "Felix" Magro, and I saw that he's been mentioned here before.

The team I support is called Djurgården, and we are currently top of the Swedish league... we'll just have to see how long that's gonna last. Many fans are actually quite disappointed with the season so far, even though we are number one in the country at the moment.

I'm not gonna lie to you - one of the players we have doubts about is the one mentioned earlier. Nobody seems to get a hold of him... He looks rather uninterested sometimes, he seems to have a lack of spirit which is quite strange for a player at this level of the game.

I'm actually gonna do an interview with him tomorrow, that's how and why I originally found this page... maybe some of my questions (or hopefully, all of them) will get answered.

It would be really interesting to get some more info about him (although I probably won't be able to use it in my interview) - how has he done in the Swiss clubs he's played for, what happened at Udinese and so on... please fill in the blanks!

Cheers,
    Martin
    DIF Stockholm

23. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep us updated on his progress. Any news of Magro playing would be great.

24. stockholm

stockholm New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    He has played most of our games so far... (our league starts in April and ends at the end of October). He had a shoulder injury which ruled him out for a couple of games, but at the moment he should be "fit for fight".

If you wanna read more about him and the club he represents at the moment you should check http://www.dif.se/english/. Unfortunately the English version of our website is not updated on a regular basis - you could also try to navigate your way through our Swedish site http://www.dif.se. As a Swede I can understand some written German, maybe it works the other way around as well. :)

Edit: IF you speak German, that is. But I guess most of you do. :)

25. PeterBeer

PeterBeer Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Stockholm
    Tjena Martin!
    tar det på engelska så de andra fattar

Magro was a really big talent when he arrived at Udine from Grasshoppers but maybe the move came to early..Anyway he was loaned out first to Basel 00/01(before Basel dominated Switzerland) and then to FC Zurich 01/02 (don't know how he did in those clubs). He came back to Udine but he hadn't improved enough. He spent the whole 02/03 season with Udinese without playing. In 03/04 Grasshoppers took him back on loan. He was really crappy I think(?). Anyway his contract ran out and Landskrona signed him. He really impressed there and was a big part in saving them from relegation.

Maybe SwissGCZ has some better info for you

Lycka till!