Swedish Allsvenskan 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by ifkgötet, Dec 28, 2010.

1. afca_mokum

afca_mokum Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're welcome ;-)

Yes I'm in a busy period haha.. not much time to post pics etc.. nevertheless I keep reading your match reports !! Great work from your side !!!

2. AIK_Stockholm

AIK_Stockholm Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Stockholm
    Club:
    AIK Solna
    Hammarby; the laughing stock of Swedish football.

3. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hear you. The only consolation I have is knowing that ÖSK's bad fortune in this is no different than a CL side losing players due to the injury, fatigue and extra cards that come with all the extra matches. Both get stuck losing depth at crucial times.

Not the finish I had hoped for, but not as bad as it could have been, and the DIF fans here can share our misery. :(

Hope ÖSK can straighten out its defense a bit and find its dangerous finishing again.

4. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Hahaha...let's all take a moment to laugh at Hammarby. :D

5. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF

Yes, indeed. :(

6. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg

Yeah well Hammarby-fans reminds me a bit of the GAIS lads. Sectarian bunch always feeling sorry for themselves.

I always try to avoid Gamlestan in Göteborg. Around 85 % of the population there are fans of GAIS. It is a dump of a place. It makes Södermalm look like paradise.

7. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Looks like this might become a very busy silly season for Djurgården.

IN:

• Nahir Oyal
    Still alot of improvements needed in his general game but has one of the best strikes on the ball in the entire league.
    • Yussif Chibsah
    Finally a real defensive midfielder! Djurgården has conceded soooo many goals from playing two attacking players in central midfield. I guess this also indicates that the team might switch to playing 4-2-3-1, which is supposedly Magnus Pehrssons favourite tactic.

RUMOUR IN:

• Kristoffer Nordfeldt
    I hope I'm wrong about this guy since the transfer looks very close to happening. To me he is a big step down from Pa Dembo. I haven't seen him play much this season though but last year he was a real disaster. But of course I have been wrong about players many times before, so hopefully history will repeat itself :)
    • Johan Andersson
    Would be a very nice signing. He did flop at Malmö but I was very impressed with him when he was with BOIS and he has supposedly played well in Norway too.
    • James Keene
    I would pass on this one. Expensive, kind of overrated and doesn't score much.
    • Nikolaj Agger
    Mixed performances. I'm not convinced personally, but it does sound like in the media that we might sign him.
    • Marcus Olsson
    Not exactly the greatest of footballers but he does run frantically up and down the pitch for 90 minutes and I think the squad is in need of players like that so I would like this signing.
    • Sebastian Andersson
    Every time I've seen him play he's looked mediocre until last night against Syrianska when he looked great. Hard to predict how he would perform in Allsvenskan though and Ängelholm wants way too much money so I'm not sure what to think.

RUMOUR OUT:

• Kennedy Igboananike
    He of course has speed of high international quality but at the same time maybe the lowest footballing intelligence of any starting forward in the league. Would probably be better suited for a more counterattacking team and if Djurgården intend to play with only one forward next season then there's really no place for him.
    • Kebba Ceesay
    Very disappointing season. I was expecting him to really step it up this year but instead he regressed and became much worse. I wouldn't mind keeping him around though but Nymann Mikkelsen has been better the times he's played at right back so this might be a good time to get some money for him to use in other areas.​

8. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Thanks for the updates! I agree with you for sure. It was a very disappointing season for Kennedy, and a lot of people I believe had higher expectations. The highlight of course for him was the lone goal against AIK, but that was pretty much it.

Pa Dembo's shoes are going to be tough to fill. He was a great GK and a great leader for the club. I'm really curious to see who ends up in front of our goal next season.

A solid defender is for sure welcome! I'm glad Yussif Chibsah has been signed.

Marcus Olsson sounds like an exciting player, and his style is definitely was DIF may need.

I like that we have several players on our radar, as there is definitely some retooling that needs to be done for next season. This club has the potential to be in the top 4 I think, but we obviously need a few good signings.

This will be a very interesting silly season.

9. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Summa summarum...en skitsäsong helt enkelt.

I just can't understand how the management is thinking. They sign class players for short-term contracts. Apparently the wizard of Behrn Arena....Rama has 12 months left on his contract. I suppose he's gonna be another Almebäck/Bedoya that gets sold at a low price. ÖSK's scouting is premium but who the hell is negotiating the contracts. They've got to take a gamble and sign a promising player for a long-term contract. I understand that Allsvenskan is a stepping stone for foreign players but ÖSK has taken it to another level!

10. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Dembo was a character with a big heart but honestly he wasn't a very good GK. Those shoes shouldn't be very hard to fill.

11. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    I think he's good.

12. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Personally I think Pa Dembo is a bit underrated because his flaws are of the very spectacular kind and the media loves reporting when he makes mistakes (imagine if they did the same for someone like Nordfeldt during the 2010 season when he made so many huge errors, then I bet he wouldn't be so sought after now (which is still a mystery to me)). I still think it was the right decision to let Tourray go though since he has stagnated lately and sometimes it's just good for both parts to get a fresh restart.

Yeah, bad season for Örebro. But also small margins though, imagine if Haddad hadn't gotten injured and instead continued to score at atleast a decent rate. The momentum of the season would have been so different then.

But of course you are right that the planning with signings and contracts has been poor. No good alternative strikers and no guaranteed high quality central defender ready when they knew Almebäck would leave. And then there's of course that dude Örebro signed from Panama. I watched him in a couple of matches and I wonder if he even has the quality to make it in division 1. :eek:

13. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Don`t know if it have been posted before. But i`l take my chances. :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irC-51uILfw"]Läktarsång - Lars Anders Johansson - YouTube[/ame]

14. ForzaBajen

ForzaBajen New Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    There there jyrgårn, you don't have to hide your jealousy.

15. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    That's awesome!

:rolleyes:

16. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    So Martin Broberg has signed a four year contract w/ DIF. I know nothing about him except that he played for Degerfors IF in the Superettan. Anyone here know anything else?

17. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I remember watching him play really well in one game towards the end of this season, I forget against who. He looked like a player with alot if intensity in his game, very active and ran alot. No idea if he has what it takes to make it with Djurgården though.

18. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    To the coming season we can perhaps serve you with entire uploaded games shortly after each round. Here is an example of how it could look like(I will try to improve the qualty though):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pXdvTg2uQk&feature=channel_video_title"]IFK Göteborg AIK 3-1 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

After each round we can perhaps give you the "match of the week" or something like that and we´ll serve you it! You choose what yhich game!

See You

ifkgötet

19. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Excellent idea!

20. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brilliant! I'd rep you but BS is not cooperating ;)

21. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Great guys:)! It´s easy to gather matches especially from the bigger supporter communities such as AIK,Djurgården,Malmö, IFK and such. So basically it would be easy to making this work. Looking forward to this!

Ifkgötet

22. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    I uploaded the Stockholm Autumn Derby(Supporter protest the first 10 minutes):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0FcUiWTGwc&feature=g-all&list=PLD96BE19803400C3F"]AIK Djurgården 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Ifkgötet

23. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brilliant! :)
    Thanks Mårten, much appreciated.

24. UFF DA

UFF DA Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    Djurgardens IF
    Yes, thanks so much!

25. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Alright, which one of you Swedish fans wants to get the 2012 Allsvenskan thread going?

Post it and I'll pin it.

Thanks!

Mike
    F451