Swansea City vs Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup, Round 6

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I now think Spurs will win easily. I've seen him do that before, downplay the importance of a match in the days before and then come out and woop the opponent.

3. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOAL! Erikson! 1:0

4. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    luckily Abraham has only touched the ball twice. but both times he looked overmatched for sanchez.

5. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lamela 2-0

nice way to finish the half

6. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wooo nice double save Vorm

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Wake up to find Spurs not down a goal to a lesser opponent in a domestic cup game? What devliery is this?

BalanceUT, Phillyspur and jumhed repped this.
  8. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    erksen 3-0

really like how lucas is playing

9. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sissoko has played quite well too

10. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very comfortable win. other than the double save at the start of the 2nd half, Swansea posed no threat

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Next two FA Cup ties are at home. Let's get it done!

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I like it when I wake up after a night shift and find Spurs have spanked someone.

Spurs are on their way to Wembley....

BalanceUT repped this.
  13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I've checked. we can't draw Pompey.

jumhed, BalanceUT and Phillyspur repped this.
  14. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "The Harry Kane team"

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    No-nonsense performance today and could easily have been more. Funny how the lower league teams had a go at us and caused problems, while the PL team just rolled over and had their tummies tickled. They looked like a team that was more concerned about the league, but I ain't complainin'.

Spurs support were great again, didn't hear any Hymns and Arias today...

16. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We've drawn United in the next round.

Seems fitting as their supporters have already been circling the wagons about how it's unfair that Wembley isn't a neutral ground.

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    2010. 8 years ago.
    This will never be lived down, eh?

soccernutter and BalanceUT repped this.
  18. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    not until we win an FA cup semi, no.

soccernutter and BalanceUT repped this.
  19. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How can it be unfair, when Spurs have a Wembley jinx? If anything, it will favor them.

Not until we win the whole thing.

Count Chocula and BalanceUT repped this.
  20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Strange drawing United and thinking “no big deal”. Caveat of course being if the team performs under pressure, which to date has been a glaring omission under Pochettino. Spurs have elevated their play to the point where facing any team in the Premiere League isn’t an automatic loss, but whether it’s a league match to keep apace with the leaders or a cup quarter/semi final the historically “big” teams have always managed to get the better of Spurs. I’d love for Tottenham to open the new WHL, but more importantly will be beating a couple of “big” teams when it really mattered.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Here is the playbook for the United supporters.

1. If United win - give us stick for being bottlers and brag about their big game pedigree.

2. If United lose - complain that the match was at Wembley and that the FA Cup is not an important competition for them, prefer to win the PL and the the CL, etc.

22. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    fair enough. my perspective is:

1. if United win - they're a bunch of c*nts

2. if United lose - they're a bunch of c*nts

... so I guess we each want it both ways.

Count Chocula, Golara, Funkfoot and 3 others repped this.
  23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
  24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Don't really understand what all the fuss is about, it is a neutral site so both sets of supporters will get the same ticket allocation. It won't be like in the league where the away side is limited to 3,000 tickets.

If you go back to my posts from earlier in the season when everyone was moaning about playing at Wembley (the pitch is too big, the stand is too far away, etc.), I had predicted that later in the season, some teams and managers would start complaining that us playing at Wembley is actually an unfair advantage. Here is part of what I posted on August 30th:

When they start to string a few wins together at Wembley, you'll start to hear opposing managers saying we have an unfair advantage playing in front of 90,000 people every other week. You will start hearing opposing fans complaining that their ticket allocation is capped at 3,000.

Count Chocula repped this.
  25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it sounds like what you're talking about there is some kind of advantage in our home fixtures, which, to be fair, I've not heard anyone complain about. what folks are bent out of shape about is that we are playing in 'our home' stadium for an FA Cup semifinal (and perhaps the final), which have a longstanding tradition of being held at neutral venues.

we will be in the visitors locker room, and half of the tickets will be allocated to our opponents' fans - so in some important ways this will be nothing like our home games at Wembley. but that doesn't change the fact that we will be playing on the pitch that we have grown quite accustomed to over the last seven or so months. I don't think it much of an advantage - but it's an advantage ... if not over United, than over ourselves had we not played there 20 times (give or take) over the last year.

I see why folks are bitching. I might be, too, were I them. it's too late now, of course, but I would've had no problem had the FA stipulated a neutral site in the eventuality of us reaching the semis. somewhere like Newcastle or Cardiff would've done nicely, to my thinking. you'd still have the issue in the final, though (assuming we get there), where the solution wouldn't be so easy.

we might well be dealing with it from the other side when Chelsea spend a few years at Wembley during the rebuilding at the Bridge. I'm guessing I won't like it should it come to pass for us. any bitching, however, should be reserved for the FA, who aren't about to sacrifice the revenues of a Wembley fixture.

it won't matter a jot if we lose, though ... so i'm hoping there's loads of bitching once it's all over.

BalanceUT repped this.