Surprise - Friedel praises the front office

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Webstar, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Curious to know how "true" this is, and how much of it was the "right thing" to say.

Interesting tidbit : We just got a new training center okayed and that’s starting construction now. I can tell quite candidly I have not had any issues with talking finances with Mike or Brian or Jonathan or Robert when it comes to players.

2. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BF: "Mikey, whaddya think of this one? We get rid of Nguyen, cut Cropper, get ready to shitcan Rowe, and let our big guys break legs out there. We still are on that 5 year plan to be the 7th or 8th team on the Eastern Table.....saves ya a cool million or so, we can keep blabbing about playoffs, and even attract that Bruins crowd...??"
    MB: "Hmmm......That's a toughy, Brad. Save a million, do what we've been doing the last decade, and I'm the Brains of the outfit that gets to okay this? Don't know how I could sell that one to Krafty, Brad. But will do my best, just for you, Buddy."

3. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a really good interview. I like how candid Friedel is. While it hasn't been clear to the outside world / the fans as to roles and responsibilities it seems like they gave him a sense of confidence right in the interview as to who does what inside the Foxboro Kremlin. I believe him and do think he's genuine in praising Burs. Friedel strikes me as a no bs guy so if Burns wasn't doing a good job he would make that clear by not being as effusive with his praise.

4. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burns has sucked for a very long time. Brad, his ol' bud, is hired by him and praises him effusively. Two possible reactions upon hearing this.
    Brad's words are coined in the Mint of Truth. Must now reevaluate Burns and no longer rely on what I actually have seen over the past decade.
    I will rely on what I actually have seen over the past decade. Must now reevaluate the assumption that Brad's words are coined in the Mint of Truth.

You choose your possibility, I choose mine.

A Casual Fan and pwykes repped this.