News: Suriname United for 2014

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Surinamese-man, Mar 22, 2009.

1. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ok cool, thanks. So when do you think the government will pass the law? I hope it happends because your national team might be pretty good and it will raise the level of Concacaf. It will also add another style of play.

2. Raj-G

Raj-G New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    NAC Breda
    A few weeks ago i made a list of Surinamese players abroad. It was for my (dutch) blog www.natiosuriname.blogspot.com. I will post the prominent players who play at the 'bigger' clubs.

Goalkeepers:

1. Gino Coutinho (ADO Den Haag)
    2. Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax)
    3. Boy Waterman (ADO Den Haag)
    Defenders:

1. Serginho Greene (Vitesse)
    2. Milano Koenders (AZ)
    3. Kelvin Leerdam (Feyenoord)
    4. Donovan Slijngard (Sparta Rotterdam)
    5. Dwight Tiendalli (FC Twente)
    6. Jeffrey Bruma (Chelsea FC)
    7. Ryan Donk (Club Brugge)
    8. Gianni Zuiverloon (West Bromwich Albion FC)
    Midfielders:

1. Lorenzo Davids (NEC)
    2. Leroy Fer (Feyenoord)
    3. Georginio Wijnaldum (Feyenoord)
    4. Royston Drenthe (Real Madrid CF)
    5. Etiënne Esajas (Sheffield Wednesday)
    6. Chedric Seedorf (AC Monza Brianza)
    7. Stefano Seedorf (AC Monza Brianza)
    Forwards:

1. Diego Biseswar (Feyenoord)
    2. Romano Denneboom (FC Twente)
    3. Mitchell Donald (Ajax)
    4. Leroy George (FC Utrecht)
    5. Nigel Hasselbaink (PSV)
    6. Jeremain Lens (AZ)
    7. Andwelé Slory (Feyenoord)
    8. Evander Sno (Ajax)
    9. Género Zeefuik (PSV)
    10. Marvin Zeegelaar (Ajax)
    11. Marvin Emnes (Middlesbrough FC)
    12. Maceo Rigters (Blackburn Rovers FC)
    All these players can play for Suriname right now when the Surinamese laws would accept dual nationality on this moment. If you want to view the full list check my blog.

3. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I would love to see how that team did in CONCACAF. It would be good to have another major contender, especially from the Caribbean.

But do you guys think that if all this goes through and Suriname starts to field teams like above that (in the future) they might ever leave CONCACAF and join CONMEBOL instead?

4. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Well,we don't know exactly when the law will be changed,but we suspect that it will happen in 2010 next year.Longer delay may have tough consequenses for Suriname.

Yes,i believe with you that Suriname can be a powerfull football force in the CONCACAF confederation,but many other nations recently have performed very well also.I mean,look at Guadelope for an example,they didn't won the Goldcup,but they've showed a good performance and we can clearly see an upward trend and they work very hard to perfom better.

5. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Good job Raj-G;)

You have given a clear view.I wonder wich players will be deployed.

Surinamese-man,lol...it looks like your topic you've started doesn't end here hehe.But i understand your point,we have to wait,but i hope not too long.

ZeekLTK,that question about leaving CONCACAF joining CONMEBOL was once submitted to the Surinamese football confederation.They've said; 'that option might be possible,but only when Suriname has proven itself clearly to the world.But that's not our first goal,first we have to proof ourselfs in the Caribbean and then the entire CONCACAF and maybe then the CONMEBOL said the director.'

Well,me in personally,i doubt if this ever will happen,but you never know,there might be a possibility.