News: Suriname United for 2014

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Surinamese-man, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    We are not only working for our international objectives, but also regionally and especially towards the Gold Cups.The plan is based on the opinions of foreign observers (Italy and the Netherlands).They also have made significant investment and will increase because they see opportunities in Suriname.We go for the opportunities that are there now and will use that to achieve our goals.Maybe not possible for many people outside,but certainly possible for us and stakeholders.​

2. Brokostong

Brokostong New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    I think the goal is for each country to win and not just only to qualify.The whole point of sport is always to extend your borders and never to look backward.It is important to know what motivations you have to a certain goal.And that is exactly what Suriname missed al these passed years.In case of Suriname,it was the lack of vision,the political unwillingness,no effective governance in the Suriname Football Federation,self-interest of certain persons in the administration of the SVB,and of course the lack of money.​

All this is now changing.This is mainly because of the dissatisfaction of the Surinamese people,the important influence of (old) Dutch Surinamese football players (like Seedorf),and a part of dissatisfied people in the administration of the Surinamese Football Federation.Continue on the old policy was unsustainable in the long run and the association engaged in a genuine transformation.

For all clarity,we are not saying that we are going to be the best football country in the entire CONCACAF federation,what is not proven,can not be written is my opinion.First we will test the new team and there are
    regional events planned in advance to get started and the SVB will build this up to continental competitions and finally international.It is not that we're just goin on an adventure without knowing what the initial results at regional level will be.​

However,we believe (and the Netherlands and Italy with us) that we
    don't need a 10 years plan for a professional level to play against other countries,because we have a range of professional footballplayers who already play in top European clubs and the focus will be on them to use them in a strategic way.The Surinamese Federation together with the Dutch KNVB looked at the way how other countries have done that before.Many of these countries did not have a plan,there was little account of the effects,and finally,it became to a failure.And many are under the assumption that the same thing will happen with Suriname because they have "seen" that before in such countries.We will not do that in the same way like others.The most important key for all this is the preperation.They must all meet the strict requirements by the new management of the SVB and the new Dutch coach of Suriname.

The other plan (included in the entire plan),is that all facilities
    will professionalised in Suriname,the amateur football players,their wages,their employability,the youth,the scool training ec.

3. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Louis Giskus is again re-elected as board member of the SVB:mad:.​

Can you beleive that????:confused:Why are they trust this man again???Shit man!!!
    Yes,he wants changes,but he's slow!Let he use his damn brains this time!!!!!!!!

Old bastard!!!!:mad:

4. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Louis Giskus again?Jesus man,that sucks,so the majority is not achieved.
    Giskus did some good work,but indeed,the man is slow when it comes to action.Blast it man,i thought that Landvreugd could take the job!

5. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    What are the chances now Surinamese?Louis giskus also has a plan,but now it seems to become more difficult.There must be good leadership provided by the SVB, otherwise Suriname can close their doors and never participate again.

6. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    It's also dificult for me to say.Now he must proof himself more harder like ever before,because if he fail,the people will ask for his head.We will have to wait and see what will happen in the future.

7. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    [​IMG]

SURIPROFS-MATCHDAY
    12 MAY 2009

Suriprofs matchday is now official.

-The Champion of the Jupiler League
    -The National Team of Suriname
    -Suriprofs
    -Combination Team of Ajax

It will be exciting this time because the national team of Suriname will come also for an introduction game.For the boys of Suriname a "huge" boost.It is the anniversary year of the suri professional foundation (now 10 years)

[​IMG]
    Amsterdam Ajax Arena Stadium

The history of the suri Profs showed how strong the Surinamese professionals are.We have won all matches against the Dutch leagues (except 1 game against young Oranje but that was a training match for the Dutch young Oranje).​

05 juni 1993: Suriprofs - Sparta
    : Suriprofs - Suriprofs - FC Zwolle 3-1
    02 juni 2003: Suriprofs – First Devision All Star team 5-1
    16 mei 2004: Suriprofs – FC Den Bosch 4-2
    23 mei 2005: Suriprofs – Heracles Almelo 2-1
    14 mei 2006: Suriprofs – Eerste divisie Talententeam 5-1
    26 mei 2007: Suriprofs - KNVB Young Oranje 0-2
    17 mei 2008: Suriprofs - FC Volendam 3-1
    Next match on 12 May 2009 Suriprofs - AFC Ajax​

The money they earn from these events,will be invested in Suriname for the construction and development of young football talents in Suriname
    and other projects.​

8. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    PARBO BIER CUP

After the Suriprofs matches, the Suriprofs together with the national soccer team of Suriname will return to Suriname for a couple of other international matches in the Parbo Beer Cup.
    This will be even more exciting because the first official merger will take place from Surinamese football players mixed with Surinamese professional footballplayers from the Netherlands.This joint action should be seen as the first testcase.Some countries hwo will play against Suriname are invited.There will be more information about this in the future.​

[​IMG]
    Suriname vs Suriprofs

The Surinamese national team played each year against the Suriprofs (and they always lose against the Suriprofs ofcourse).It was a strange phenomenon.Suriname lost in fact by itself,but also won against itself.
    I'm very curious how the new developments will go.

9. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Jesus man,your fast with the news,i almost don't have to read the newspapers bro.
    Like the way you bring it,atleast it's not booring

Great!Can't miss this,i must buy me a ticket before everything is sold out.
    I'm curious also how the national team from Suriname will perform this time,i do not expect much from them.They all have tallent but not or not
    much physical and tactical capabilities like our professional Suriboys in the Netherlands.They have to learn that first.​

And the Parbo Beer Cup,i wish that i could see those matches too man.​

And uhmn....Surisoccer,don't forget the Parbo Girls bro:D

[​IMG]

10. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    They cancelled the picture,no problem,i put another one

11. SRANANG-RUFA

SRANANG-RUFA New Member

Mar 30, 2009
  12. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd like to see Suriname arrange some friendly matches with some European countries. They come to Europe but only play club teams and the Suriprofs. Why don't they play Luxembourg or some other smaller European country - it would get the players who play in Suriname used to playing European players. Then, after they get used to it, they can play bigger teams like Belgium.

If Suriname want to go to the World Cup in 2014, they will first need to get past the likes of Mexico and USA (so they should be playing friendlies with top Central American teams - and winning them, both home and away). All the top teams arrange friendly matches on FIFA dates - Suriname never does. They need to start taking advantage of the FIFA dates. Why don't they play against South American countries, for example? Suriname v Venezuela would be a good match to test the team, and it is not too far for Suriname to travel to South American countries.

Or, if all the best Suriname players are based in Europe, it shouldn't be too difficult to get the team together for a friendly match with the likes of Luxembourg or Belgium.

Good luck to all of Suriname for 2014, it would be great to see you travel 'down the road' to Brazil :)

13. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    We are aware of the difficulty of Mexico and USA.We also know that a certain development is required to achieve the desired goals.Suriname has in mind to play friendly matches against Central American en Conmebol countries in the near future because it's just like you have said,sooner or later we have to challenge them to maintain our level.

But before this can take place ,Suriname needs to re-organize their Federation.The Surinamese Federation started immediatly to change their policy and we hope that this will be a success.Thanks for wishing us all the good luck,we hope that we can perform better this time,i personally think it's not an impossible mission to accomplish.

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Big up to Surinamese-Man, Brokostong, and all other Surinamese supoorters for what the Suriname is currently doing. I know for a fact that Suriname has always had alot of talented players. My dad told me about the dominance Suriname once had in CFU football in the 60's and 70's. Good to see my Caribbean brothers pulling out all the stops and trying to become a contender once again. Im behind you 1000%. If Suriname realises its potential in the future the Mex, USA and other teams in Central America and Concacaf on a whole will have a tough time. :cool:

Any update on the dual citizenship laws? If that changes, we could see Holland based Surinamese players in the fold for future Surinamese NT.

15. lucky4life

lucky4life New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    hi hope everything work out for them

16. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Eyz Warlord,how are you man,good to see you here also.Thanks for supporting us bro,we really appreciate that.I wish that i could tell more about the dual citizenship,the only thing we know is that the government is busy with it.

The SVB Board has asked the Surinamese government to speed up the new legislation,because the longer they wait,how more difficult it will be to
    achieving the desired objectives.The new legislation will probably come this year.I would say,keep an eye on our up to date news,we will bring all the news here as soon as possible..
    We have always been behind you guys and we will always continue to do so.I remember the last WC 2006,many Surinamese supporters went to Germany to assist en support our Trinidadian CFU minnows there.It was great to see you guys over there man.Even my mom,she didn't like football at all,but seeing Trinidad playing 4 years ago,she almost became crazy about you guys.For a moment i thought,Jesus mom,who is the coach of Trinidad,you?LOL.:D

That's why we hope to see you guys again in 2010 bro.​

17. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Yes,your wright bredda,the years of 60's and 70's were good years for Suriname.The country began to perform poorly when the wrong political leaders came to power.By mismanagement,we could not perform good results anymore.Suriname realizes now that without commitment and hard work,nothing will be achieved.
    Thank you for standing behind us bredda:)

Stay with us for more news in the future,we will do our best to inform you guys.

18. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Thanks man:)

We wil do our best as much as we can.

19. Brokostong

Brokostong New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Big up mi bradda

Suriname was a major obstacle for themselves after 1980.As you already know,we could not perform anymore by political instability in the country since then.​

I can still remember the time that we had a strong position regional in the Caribbean.Guys like André Kamperveen, Humphrey Mijnals, Wiene Schalen Bundel Miller were top players in the entire Caribbean those days.
    Even Surinamese clubs as Transvaal and FC Robin Hood were formidable opponents in club competitions.
    We are working hard to get back to this position and also with a higher purpose to reach WC 2014.​

So there is much work to do and we hope to be successful this time in the future.​

Thanks for ur support,Caribeans for Caribeans,its important to support eachother;)

20. SRANANG-RUFA

SRANANG-RUFA New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

I didn't saw the last game USA vs Trinidad & Tabago,but they have lost 3-0 :(

21. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    They still have a chance,but they have to win all their in and out games from now on to ensure a place in the top 4.
    I hope that they will creating better results for the next match,i want to see them qualify and play in South Africa man.​

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Warlord could be as supportive of Haiti, considering that it's also located in the Caribbean. :)

23. Kingston-King

Kingston-King Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Jamaica
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

I think Warlord has nothing against Haiti in general and same counts for me,but many of the Haitian fans began to behave arrogantly,they started attacking us and the Jamaican team,talking smack all the time about us.
    So it is not surprising that we started to defend our team.

The Surinamese fans here behave nicely,they know what they are talking about.They try to stand up,and they put every effort to return successfully without any offense to others.Those Haitian fans should take an example to the Surinamese fans here;)

That's why i've much respect for them and like Warlord have said,i'm also 1000% behind them,not only for the fact that they are our CFU Caribean brethren,but also for the fact that they pull out all the stops to achieve their goals.​

Suriname,go for it!:cool:

24. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Final stands

Suriprofs - AJAX 0-0

National Team of Suriname - VVV 0-3

25. Surisoccer

Surisoccer Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ok guys,its now official.It is now clear which players will be selected for the comming Parbo Beer Cup tournament.

Suriname wil play against : Guyana/France-Guyana/Antigua and Barbuda

Suriname will play for the first time in history with some of the best players from the National team together wit the Suriprofs.

the 12 chosen players are:

(Surinamese players)

André Zebeda, Marlon Felter, Naldo Kwasie, Germain van Dijck, Emilio Limon, Ives Vlijter, Gregory Pokie, Rinaldo Lupson, Giovanni Drenthe, Claudio Pinas, Gregory Rigters en Romano Sordam

(Suriprofs players)

Edgar Davids, Jermaine Lens en Milano Koenders (AZ), Rodney Ubbergen en Touvarno Pinas (Telstar), Steve Olfers (Aalborg), Kelvin Maynard (Volendam), Anduele Pryor (Vitesse), Hesdy Suart (Helmond Sport), Edson Braafheid (Twente), Leroy George (Utrecht) en Sigourney Bandjar (Excelsior).

Coach : Wensley Bundel and Stanley Menzo.

These two teams will be merged to 1 team to start the experiment.

Scedule Parbo Beer Cup tournement (participating countries):

- Suriprofs / National Suriname combination team
    - National team Guyana
    - National team Antigua & Barbuda
    - National team Frans Guyana

03 juni 09 19:00 - 21:00
    21:00 - 23:00 Antigua - Guyana
    Suriprofs /Natio - Frans Guyana
    05 juni 09 19:00 - 21:00
    21:00 - 23:00 Antigua - Frans Guyana
    Suriprofs / Natio - Guyana
    07 juni 09 17:00 - 19:00 u