Suprised we traded Garza

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Mabee, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Mabee

Mabee Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 26, 2017
    I know he is injury prone but Bello is probably still a year away from being a full-time player. I think Bello could learn more from Garza than McCann. I guess Bello and Garza may be too much alike so management wanted to keep McCann around when we need a bigger, stronger defender.

2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garza is very good, but he represented a position that could be upgraded for sure. Bello comes in at half the price, and with way more upside.

3. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love Garza, but we may have needed the money more. Does anyone know if you have to buy down a contract each year with TAM so it's not a DP contract anymore? If that's the case, we may have needed the money to be able to buy down Tito's contract again so we'd have the free DP slot to purchase Pity. Out of the available options that would get that much money, Garza was probably the best option.

Ambrose was decent when he was healthy, so I think the position will be fine. Bello needs minutes, and it's hard to justify having a player like Garza on the bench.

4. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A) Doing this right after the parade sucks. MLS needs to move their drafts back so that the whole league can simply enjoy the moment after the Cup final.

B) Garza is arguably the better fit for Atlanta than McCann but if you're to assume Bello gets a chance to hold that position in a year or two then Garza probably gets you more money in return considering their respective wages.

Such is the reality of the pro sports biz.

5. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Dang I hate to see him go. What a gamer he is. (And he gave me a :thumbsup: when I hollered at him in the parade.)