Supporters (Texian Army/El Battalion) tickets - update

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Kevin Lindstrom, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Cup - Supporters Tickets Now On Sale!

For those who went last time and had what was, by most accounts, a great time, here is hoping you come back for more. For those who didn't make it down, talk to those who did and see if it is worth your time. This is a great celebration of what it is to be a supporter in MLS - whether your team is in the game or not. Obviously, if the Dynamo is in the final, great. But even if they aren't, come on up and enjoy a great weekend full of fun stuff.

I know it is The Inferno's goal, and ours at FCD as well, for this to be even better than last year.

For those who may not recall or weren't around then, here is the program - one order form, indicate which team you support and then if your team is in the final, you are in the conference champ spot. If you are not in the final, then you are with your fellow team supporters among other MLS supporters. Either way, you'll be with people like you, ready to have a great time.

This system was set up so that you didn't have to worry about waiting until the last minute to get a ticket and where to get your ticket. You can save money on flights, etc., but ordering now.

I'll leave it to The Inferno to get into the other stuff they do (I think they are still hammering out details), but here is the order form.

View attachment 2380

Note that the sections for the Western Champ and the General seating will be separated by some rows of seats and not right next to each other.

Also, we have started off well on overall sales. Last year at this time, we were at 0. This year, we've already sold around 7,000 tickets - or a third of the capacity.

So make your plans now to have a blast with your fellow supporters and all the great things (supporters cup tournament, supporters summit - last year, including a private meeting with the league commish, etc.) that that implies!

2. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS Cup - Supporters Tickets Now On Sale!

Correct me if i am wrong, but if your team does not make the finals then your tickets are not refunded.

3. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, no refunds. There are basically 3 sections: the western conf champs section, the eastern conf champs section, and then a general supporter's section for the other team's supporter's who didn't make the final.

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This program is designed for two kinds of people - people who save money by planning ahead (say, someone from either LA or NE or wherever so buying a plane ticket more than a week before will save tons of cash) or people who want to make sure tickets are available (not an issue right now, but could become one later on.)

The key is that you can go ahead and get a ticket now and not worry about getting "the right location" as you'll be in the right location no matter how the playoffs happen. Hopefully, especially for you Houston folk, you'll want to come up and celebrate with us even if your team isn't in it. People from Colorado to Salt Lake to San Jose came and had a blast last time. The game is on Sunday, but a lot of the fun Supporter Stuff happens on Saturday.

Considering that MLS Cup will probably not come back to Texas (either you guys when you get a SSS or us) for a number of years (think about all the SSS going up around the league over the next few years, and the fact that if you guys get one, it will be in 2009 at the soonest), I'd suggest that you make this one as it will be the easiest one to get to.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston

Plus, Houston will be playing in it. ;)

6. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

PLUS.............we have TONS of cool things planned. Just ask last years' attendees.
    It's really a good time, even if your team is not on the field. :p

7. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

I would think if the dynamo make the finals that season ticket holders will have the option to buy tickets to the final at Dallas. I may be wrong but we will see.

8. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No sir. This is our event. The game will sell out - it is only a question of when. If you want to make sure you're here to support the Dynamo if they are in the final is to get your tickets before it sells out.

This program is designed to make that easier on supporters so they can go ahead and buy their tickets ahead of time without worrying whether they will be in "the right" place.

9. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

It may be your event but no one is going to buy tickets if your are not sure if your team is not going to in the finals. I think MLS will hold tickets for the 2 teams that make the finals so they can sell it to their season ticket holders. I dont want to see Dallas play DC in the finals.

10. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So if I buy tix to the Western Conf section and Houston doesn't make it, do I:

A) have tix in the WConf section
    B) get moved to the General SC section
    C) get hosed

11. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

(B) - with the other Houston supporters. That is the point of it - this way, you can pay early and make sure you have a spot without getting stuck with a bunch of LA fans or whatever. We don't place anyone in ticket spots until after the conference finals.

The key is making sure to put "Houston Dynamo/Texian Army" in the "Supporters Club or Team" line in the upper right. That is what will control where your seats are. This way, the Houston folk are all together no matter what, and if you are the conference champs, you get 123 all to yourselves. If not, you're will other folk whose team didn't make the final and can join in the chant, "if you hate both teams, clap your hands!" :D

Really, it is a celebration of the league and being a supporter and a great weekend with lots of fun stuff.

12. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"No one is going to buy tickets if your are not sure if your team is not going to in the finals"? I think not. I already have orders in from LA. Yes, the last place team in the conference. Yes, I just put this out there yesterday and they are already in. Of course, they came last time and know how much fun it is. And that it isn't just about coming to see your team play.

You can think what you want. I work here, and I know how it worked last year and will this year. And I'm just giving you fair warning - once it sells out, it has sold out. The team holds are almost exclusively for the players families, etc. And this I know for a fact - they certainly aren't in spots where the supporters thing will be tolerated. But hey, make your own choices.

And if all it is for you is just the game, then you're missing the point. This is the point. Not my words, not my best friend who wrote it for me, but someone who came, saw, experienced and is coming again from farther away than Houston.

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston

Why are the Western and general sections right next to each other? That could lead to some heated exchanges between the groups.

Also, on the order form do you choose what section you are in? Shouldn't that be determined by your team?

14. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

Like Kevin said, MLScup weekend is really just a celebration of our league and supporters of it. There's people I met last year that have been to every cup yet even if their team isn't in it. The supporter's summit on Saturday afternoon consists of Garber and his right hand man(name escapes me) plus the presentation of the suppporters shield.

It's not a weekend on chest pounding and who has the better team, we just get together for the love of the game and support of MLS.

15. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And.......................drink A LOT! :cool:

16. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

do you work at the stadium or do you work for MLS?

17. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A good point, something I should clarify - we've set it up so that there are about 20+ seats (and an isle) in between the two sections. (Each section will be approximately 12 across by 25 back, with each section as far away from the other as possible.) 122 was simply too narrow for a supporters group and we couldn't get 125. It isn't a perfect solution, but it was the best we could do under the circumstances.

As I tried to explain above - assume your team is in the final. The key thing is to put your team in the upper right hand corner. That is what controls where people are assigned.

Part of the way this works is that you have the same price point for both sections, so you don't have to worry about paying more or messing with a refund if you get put in one section rather than the other.

18. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FC Dallas. I am one of the ticket reps. I handle youth soccer, adult soccer and the supporters groups. I do the SGs because I was a big part of The Inferno for most of its existance, as well as Sam's Army, and have a relationship with most of the SGs out there.

19. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for all your help Kevin. Is there a handling charge that I need to fill in (please tell me you don't use Ticket****er) or is 2 tix a flat $99?

And non-fillable PDFs are evil!

20. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nope - no handling charge. Sorry about the PDF.

21. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Eggcellent. Just faxed my order. World Series last year, MLS Cup this year... I can dig it.

22. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cool. Houston, Dallas and LA are on the board now. Awesome stuff.

23. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas

I will be up in Dallas that weekend to watch UH play SMU so my brother and I figured we would take in the football game on Saturday and then the Futbol game on Sunday. Should be a great weekend to watch both Houston teams win. I have to find out if my 2 nephews from Plano want to go as well. They are FCD fans but they are family. What can you do?

24. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ha. Yeah that was fun last year, with the Galaxitive fans right next to San Jose, KC, and DC fans. Even the idiot who tried to hang the Riot Squad banner UPSIDE DOWN in front of our section. Not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I wish I could go this year. :(

I will tell everyone who's hesitant about the way they do this...don't be. I had a blast, even though the Quakes weren't in the final, sitting with the other San Jose fans, alot of DC fans (the only time DC and San Jose fans would ever work together for anything), and some KC boys. We all chanted obscenities toward the LA fans/players. It was great fun.

25. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Call me at 214 705 6748 when you get a chance.