Supporters Group Name Poll

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Roma_Wolves, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good to me. But I'd support the Chanticos too. And wave the Jolly Egan either way.

Sniff :eek: I'm soo proud of you Roma

See ya Friday at Mother's and hey if I gave you a donation would you order a Jolly Egan, or two or three, from one of the custom flag shops in Austin?? I wouldn't even be upset if ya added your own little touches :D

2. sokaymckay

sokaymckay New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chanticos and Jolly Egan's = mild-mannered hooligans. :D

3. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmmm Jolly Egan flag name or Jolly Egan CLub name???

Nope Nope nope you will nto tempt me sokaymckay, I am standing by my choice

Club name = Clan Egan

Club Flag = Jolly Egan

Nuff said :cool:

4. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    Maybe we should be called "Los Alejos Locos", after our most fanatical supporter.

5. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sniff froghammer I care not weather you say that in jest or in seriousness but bravo and I'll see ya at Mother's this friday at 4

you'll see me I'll be wearin a big red an white plad shirt an a black cap.

Be their me fellow clansman ;)

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to throw this idea into the general imagination of all you hard core *Clansmen/Chanticos out there.

The Jolly Egan flag should be allowed to take many forms and many incarnations so long as it

#1. Has some sort of a skeletal motive i.e bones, skulls, skull and cross bones, skull and crossed swords etc.

#2. And it features the main colors of the Aztex, red an white.

* It's quite possible that I might be the only one who's seriously backing the idea of having a supporters group called Clan Egan. If this is true or untrue please guys let me know soo I don't do what I did last time we met at Mother E's and started getting all Chantico on everyone :D.

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the "Clan Egan", although a good name, would have people confused since this is neither a Scottish team (not one Scot except for the idiot in the stands yelling at the refs), nor is Egan's "officially" linked to the squad (or a Scottish pub).

Having said that, there are two primary names for the group put forward with significant support...

1. Chanticos, which was a write-in candidate with oodles (actual scientific unit of measure) of support as of late.
    2. Aztex Army (although it's spelled "Aztec" in the poll, I'm assuming it should be with the "x"), which received the most votes.

I don't know if we need a new poll, but it may be the most expeditious route to take, and most democratic. I know there were discussions of waiting until we were closer to the USL1 KO, but there's a lot that can be done between now and then to spread the brand of the supporters club. I'll open for discussion...

8. sokaymckay

sokaymckay New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote we elect Alejo as mascot of the Chantico's. we could nickname him the Mother of Egans! :D

9. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    te haaw haaw haw but hey whatever, "I'll be yer huckleberry"

[​IMG]

And hey what can I say people, I've been a rabid football fan since 2006, I finally have a local team ta cheer for for the rest of my life or their's, hopefully the former, and I will be whatever u guys whant me to be soo long as I can be the hardest of the hardcore at the same time.

10. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think you are right on both accounts mgrayscale. First in the sense that the professional season doesn't start for awhile and that hearts, and minds, could be changed by then, not to mention nnew ideas brought forward.

However, in a second sense, you are also right in suggesting a second poll, considering that there has all ready been plenty of support, both locally and voting wise, for several SG name canditates and not very much for the rest.

11. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the end we all must remmeber that we can allways have more than one supporters group, I mean Toronto has at least half a dozen as an example. So me fellow hardocore our whole polling and debating might be null and void some day when we, the aztex nation , have enough fans to form the

Clan Egan
    Chanticos
    Aztex Army etc.

Supporter Groups :)

12. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Clan Egan for the following reasons:
    1) It's not strictly associated with the Aztex theme, which may be kind of counter intuitive, but I like the independence of it.
    2) It's loosely associated with an Austin landmark (using the term as loosely as possible), one that seems to be the unofficial hq of Aztex support, regardless of sponsorship and other issues.
    3) It's kind of random. I like the impromptuness of it.
    4) Plus Alejo's enthusiasm is rather contagious. You know you feel it, the Spirit of Egan roiling in your blood, like bag pipes in a punk band.

I also like Chanticos. I think it works on many levels. And is thematically related, but not so tightly that it's obvious.

Aztex Army, while fine, kind of bores me. But if that were chosen I'd support'em.

All that said, I will be the fan that goes to some get-togethers and hangs around bigsoccer, but will probably not ever be in "the pit" at the matches, singing and drumming; I prefer to watch the game from the "50-yard line". (Though I'm willing to pay for a membership or t-shirt or other support of any sg that develops). So, those of you who will be making the noise, should have a bigger say.

13. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, Roma. I'm the same way. During a match I'm so drawn into the match, I forget to chant, and am not really a singer (to the great thanks of folks like Blackburn who I sit with).

14. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would prefer the Chanticos or Chanticos Army.

Clan Egan sounds too much like the X-Clan (for those who are into hip hop) or sounds too much like the KKK :eek:.

15. sokaymckay

sokaymckay New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that pretty much shoots down what I was thinking. the whoop-tank clan or the cool-clucks clan. :D

16. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me, if you guys started to choose the Clan name and then started to wear those white hooded hats, I would start to freak out & run away from this forum.

"And now, for my next impression, Jesse Owens!"

:D

17. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really starting to like the combination of Chanticos Army...

18. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. Everyone seems to be rallying around this name.

I expect Alejo to jump in here with a new suggestion very shortly.

:D

19. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No I am not :D

I love Chantico's Army it's a combination of the two most popular names and it sounds original and full of spice and mistery, especially for those not of the Aztex hardcore.

But again let me re-itterate the two points I made in my last posts.

I don't care what name gets chosen or what I am elected to be within the group, should I be made a part of one, so long as I can be Alejo Loco within it's ranks.

And all this chosing between one name or another might be null an void in the end if the Aztex fan base grows ,and the hardcore population with it, and more than one group gets formed along the way.

And who knows maybe now, or then, one of them just might be called Clan Egan :rolleyes:.

20. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I've gone ahead and reserved the domain name www.chanticosarmy.com so that it's available for us as a Supporters Group. I will most likely come to several of you to see if you'd be willing to help populate this site with content.

So consider this just more thing to look forward to as a tool to waste time at work (as I am doing now).

21. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soo I dare say that it has been decided that the first, and hopefully not the last, named Austin Aztex Supporters Group is Chantico's Army?

22. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not necessarily. I just wanted to get that domain name before someone else did. Still open to suggestions.

23. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well hell, yeu got the domain name all ready, an even if it's just you an me Mgray I'll stand with ya in the army of the goddess :cool:.

24. duality72

duality72 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks that way. Chantico's blessings be upon us.

25. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats three :D