Supporters Alliances

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    I'm not. But I'm heading out to Vegas next weekend. Figure I'll just take it out there now. :D

2. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Now, that is awesome.

3. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright...the window will close for St. Pauli in 24-48 hours. This is the second time that I have tried to contact them. I visited the main website for Ultra' Sankt Pauli, and sent the information to their contact page, but I have received nothing. I also went to some other smaller groups that fall under the umbrella of USP, but their pages didn't seem updated or have any contact links.

I will contact the supporters of Hertha Berlin next, assuming that the USP doesn't get back to me. I looked around at some of their sites and they have several groups, all with links and contact information. I have a feeling that we'll get at least a response. Here are some of the groups that comprise the Ostkurve in Berlin: Harlekins Berlin, Gruppa Süd, Dynamic Supporters Berlin, Hauptstadtmafia.

I'm working on a letter in both English and German to send to all of those supporters groups as well as Foerderkreis Ostkurve...which is the umbrella organization that organizes big projects. The letter will follow the same basic premise of the one sent to St. Pauli, telling about ourselves and our desire to form a supporter partnership...but will be altered to fit with Hertha Berlin.

In the event that Hertha Berlin doesn't accept or doesn't respond, we will move on to Borussia Dortmund.

Any other updates on Yellow Fever or Charleston Battery? I'm just working on the Germany aspect of this.

4. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USP hasn't gotten back to us because they're too busy enjoying the neighborhood in which their team is located. I mean, seriously, can you blame them?

5. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    The BVB thing is great.

Also, the best part of The Unity's website: a page dedicated to BVB tattoos. We could do that too. We could have HHM's and, well, we could put HHM's on there.

6. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [youtube]kaJT4S4ZGJg[/youtube]

7. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guess you haven't seen Brook the Original Massive Tattoo, have you?

8. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    I guess not. Are there photos circulating?

This could be bad. I went 30 years without a tattoo. I managed to avoid all those embarrassing things I would have had tattooed on me in high school (foghorn leghorn or something like that on my calf). Then, one Saturday, i just drove to the tattoo parlor and got two in one sitting. Now, I got it bad.

Kmmc--that video is really amazing. Something to strive for, eh? It is oddly reminiscent but obviously on a much bigger scale.

9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about to say... I'm maybe the 4th or 5th that I'm aware of.

10. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    "Borussia Dortmund became the first – and so far the only – publicly traded club on the German stock market."

Their ticker symbol is, naturally, BVB. Looks like they are slightly down. I am having a tough time deciphering the Deutsche Borse share price.

So, as a group, we could literally invest in their club if we so desired.

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The VfB sites I shared also had tattoo pix. I got a good laugh of the one where somebody was holding up a freshly rolled spliff next to their ink so you could see the two things they were most proud of :D

12. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    I just went back and looked. They have multiple pages (VfB) of tattoos. And the one pic with the spliff, well, that is a hog's leg. It almost looks like a tampon.

13. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We also already have a Crew supporter with a Dortmund tattoo. Muncie with HSH (The guy who did the nose dive out of the Nordekce after the goal) is a BVB fan with with a DO tattoo.

14. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears that a lot of people want the next attempt for a supporters alliance to be BVB. Please indicate in the next day or so who you want to contact first...you have two options.

Hertha BSC Berlin
    Borussia Dormund

I like both, but since I'll be in Berlin next year, I vote for Hertha. (However, if you guys choose BVB, I have no problem contacting them)

15. namesaregone

namesaregone Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borussia Dormund...pride of the Rhineland!

My family is from the area originally, so that's what swayed my vote.

16. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    B V B.

Can't stand Hertha.

17. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No strong opinion, but I'd have to go with BVB due to uniform colors.

18. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB, even though we didn't sign Lars Ricken. ;)

19. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far...

BVB - 4
    Hertha BSC - 1

I'll keep voting going until 5pm on Thursday. After that I'll begin creating a letter to send to the supporters of the club that has the most votes.

20. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who?

22. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is another good reason to go with BvB -

Any team who pushed back against the Nazis are good enough for me.

23. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is pretty cool, awesome fun fact.

I will post the proposed letter (which will be in both English and German) later on today.

Right now it's 6-1 for BVB.

24. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BvB, they are at least already aware of us.

25. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, it looks as though BVB has won the voting. I have created the following letter to send to The Unity as well as the Gelbe Wand (Yellow Wall) websites. There is an English version as well as a German version. Let me know if anything should be added, deleted, or changed.

The letter follows the same premise of the letter I initially sent to St. Pauli, but has been modified for BVB. Let me know what you think.

I want to send this out tomorrow afternoon at the latest. The deadline for suggestions/changes is tomorrow (Friday) at 3pm.

--------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

My name is Nick Dilenschneider and I am a representative of Columbus Crew fans of the Nordecke. The Nordecke is comprised of three independent groups: Hudson Street Hooligans, Crew Union, and La Turbina Amarilla. These three groups are extremely diverse. Hudson Street Hooligans represent an energetic younger generation of supporters. Crew Union has helped give us a European flavour of vocal support. La Turbina Amarilla is a group that brings us the constant rhythm of support prevalent in Latin America.

As the numbers within the Nordecke continue to grow, we have recognized the need to network with other fans from around the world. We would like to form a friendly partnership with the fans of Borussia Dortmund. We have a great respect for the passion that is demonstrated by the Yellow Wall of the South Stands. With this alliance between our fans, we will not accept or extend any other offers of partnerships from/to other clubs in Germany. If you accept this invitation of solidarity, members of The Unity, the Yellow Wall, and all Borussia Dortmund fans will find a second home in Columbus and will be welcomed in the Nordecke.

As far as I know, this friendship would be the first between the fans of an American club and a German club. There is the Nordecke in Columbus and the Yellow Wall in Dortmund. Let us build a partnership between our fans that is stronger than the two colours that we share with you.

Please consider this offer and thank you very much for your consideration.

-Nick Dilenschneider
    Representative of the Nordecke

----------

An die zuständige Abteilung,

Ich heisse Nick Dilenschneider und ich bin einer Vertreter von den Columbus Crew Fans der Nordecke. Die Nordecke ist von drei unabhängigen Gruppen beinhaltet: Hudson Street Hooligans, Crew Union, und La Turbina Amarilla. Diese drei Gruppen sind sehr mannigfaltig. Hudson Street Hooligans repräsentiert eine neue Generation mit vielen Energie. Crew Union gibt uns eine europäische Variante mit stimmlichen Unterstützung. La Turbina Amarilla ist eine Gruppe, die uns den andauernden Rhythmus von Unterstützung gibt, die man in Lateinamerika finden würde.

Die Anzahl der Menschen in der Nordecke und auch unsere Reputation in Major League Soccer wachsen. Wir anerkennen, dass wir mit anderen Fans in der Welt vernetzen müssen. Wir möchten eine freundliche Partnerschaft mit den Fans des Borussia Dortmund. Wir haben einen großen Respekt für die Leidenschaft, die von der Gelben Wand der Südtribüne dargestellt ist. Mit dieser Verbindung zwischen unsere Fans, werden wir keine Angebote von anderen Vereinen aus Deutschland anbieten oder akzeptieren. Wenn Sie diese Einladung der Solidarität akzeptieren, Mitglider von The Unity, der Gelben Wand, und alle Fans des Borussia Dortmund werden in Columbus eine Zweitwohnung finden und werden in der Nordecke herzlich empfangen.

Soviel ich weiss, wäre diese Verbindung die erste Partnerschaft zwischen Fans aus einem amerikanischen Verein und einem deutschen Verein. In Columbus gibt es die Nordecke und in Dortmund gibt es die Gelbe Wand. Lass uns eine Partnerschaft zwischen unsere Fans aufbauen, die starker als die zwei Farben, die wir mit Ihnen teilen.

Bitte bedenken Sie doch dieses Angebot und vielen Dank für ihre Betrachtung.

-Nick Dilenschneider
    Vertreter der Nordecke