Supporters Alliances

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not a bad idea. i like the idea of the supporters group being from a different country.

2. CrewBlitzkrieg

CrewBlitzkrieg New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Ohio
    seeing how 90% of ohio has german decent..start their??? Also i hear alot of people always comparing us millwall which can be good and bad.

3. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please go back to post #1 and read.

4. CrewBlitzkrieg

Aug 25, 2008
    Ohio
    My bad, i find my self always skim reading the hell out of this forum because of the HUGE amount of off topic meaningless posts. Almost a chore to read threads on here. Plus its always the same people posting. outsiders of the group not welcome ??

5. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outsiders are plenty welcome if they take the time to read a little bit before posting. I mean, you wouldn't walk right into a business meeting without doing some prep work first, would you? A lot of new people register and then post their great new idea without doing some reading first and finding out that their idea was actually tried. Granted, reading some of this can be a bit of a chore, but if you want to be taken seriously around here, you need to at least be familiar with the thread before you post in it. In this case, 3/4 of this thread, after the first page, is about trying to establish communication with FC St. Pauli. So you see, we're all over the German idea that you proposed.

And because you're new here, I spelled all of this out rather than gouging out your eyeballs and skull f*cking you.

6. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so maybe here's a thought. How about the Charleston Battery? Over on the main Crew forum, there's a huge discussion between Battery and Crew fans, and seems as though they are very interested. Also, we already have people going to some of their games. Maybe it's a dumb idea, seeing how close Cleveland is, but if they already are showing interest, maybe it would be a good idea to follow that up.

7. CrewBlitzkrieg

Aug 25, 2008
    Ohio
    lol i appreciate you not skull f*cking me

8. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldnt mind that it seems there is already something building between some supporters of each club.

9. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, and at least for a starting point, they seem pretty solid.

10. Erik S

Erik S Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will talk to some people that I sit with and see what they think. The best possible scenario is that Columbus gets invited to the 2009 Carolina Challenge Cup so that Charleston and Columbus fans can form some friendships. I will talk to the main person of our supporter group and see if he can put in a good word about the Columbus Crew. And maybe even a little more.

Go Battery
    Go Crew

11. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright...I just got back from Germany. I was in Hamburg and did see the stadium where St. Pauli plays...but only from a distance. I didn't get to connect with anyone at the club or anything like that, but let's just say that the St. Pauli district of Hamburg is pretty awesome. If anyone is doing some pond-hopping to Germany...visit St. Pauli, it is certainly worth it.

I was also just assigned to study in Berlin for the 2009-2010 academic year. If people are game for still trying to build a German connection, I would still suggest St. Pauli, because I'd only be 2-3 hours away by train. Another option...one that could cause conflict of interest if there are people who follow the Bundesliga, would be to try and communicate with Hertha BSC Berlin. Since I'll be living there, meeting up with them wouldn't be a problem at all.

Thoughts?

*I like the Charleston Battery thing that seems to be in the works, that would be pretty cool.*

12. gem440

gem440 Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Columbus,OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is one more possibility. I spent 10 years in the Army from 1986 to 1996, and from 1988 to 1990 I was stationed in Germany and I use to go and see 2 teams play all the time. One was Karlsruhe and the second was Kaiserslautern (which we called K-town in the Army).
    The only reason why I bring up Kaiserslautern is it has the largest concentration of Americans than in any other foreign country.
    There are about 4 U.S. Military bases around K-town:
    1:Rammstein AFB
    2:Landstuhl Army Hospital
    3:Baumholder Army Base
    4:? Actually I'm getting a brain cramp trying to remember what the 4th one is.
    There are also a bunch of U.S.Military sub-stations, such as Idar-Oberstein...etc. Kaiserslautern has a good relationship with the American Military, and it might be a way in. If it does not work they might know someone who has connections with St.Pauli.
    Also has anybody thought about Watford FC in England? I'm a Chelsea supporter however Watford seems to be a team that is open to supporter fan groups aroung the globe.
    I also know there are some people in the Crew FO (besides Sigi) who are from Germany and they might know some people who can help us out with St.Pauli. Konstantin Haerle is one person off of the top of my head that I know is from Germany and he works in the Crew FO.

13. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    The club in New Zealand sounds cool..if St Pauli falls threw..

14. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose another option would be to try and be proactive about this and make a banner or something. Doing something like this could be a bit risky. For instance, if we made a banner that said something like "Columbus (picture of a heart) St. Pauli" we might be able to send them a picture and they would think it's pretty cool...thus the ball gets rolling. On the other hand, if we did something like that....they could tell us to piss off and then we look like a bunch of morons. Thoughts?

15. BenHouck

BenHouck Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus doesn't love St. Pauli. Columbus has never heard of St. Pauli. It's only some of the supporters who love them. I know everyone likes the chant but most of them wouldn't know the origin.

I think that would be the kind of banner that's more appropriate after an alliance has been formed. What if they don't say it back? If you don't get that return that's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there.

16. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that...it was simply a suggestion. I am fully aware that if something like that failed, then it would make us look absolutely ridiculous. On the flip side, something as bold as making a banner like the one I suggested, could be the type of action that earns respect from the supporters of the other club. I'm not saying "we have to do this!!!" It was an idea that crossed my mind and decided to put it out there.

17. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    So we're looking at:

- St. Pauli
    - Charleston Battery
    - Cleveland City
    - New Zealand Team
    - Crapton of German teams
    - Watford

While we're here, anyone thought of talking to whoever Sigi's favorite team is, or to Boca Juniors, in honor of Guillermo?

18. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    La Doce of Boca Jrs. doesnt need friends nor do they make friends. They do however have one of the longest list of enemies of any Club in the world.

Enemies: River Plate, San Lorenzo, Racing Club, Independiente, Chacarita Juniors, Quilmes, Newell`s, Rosario Central, Estudiantes de La Plata, Gimnasia de La Plata y Colo-Colo (Chile) ....to name a few

Friends: None

19. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since FC St. Pauli didn't respond, would anyone mind if I tried contacting the supporters of Hertha BSC Berlin? I believe they have fierce rivalries with Hamburger SV, Hansa Rostock, FC Schalke, and Energie Cottbus. They do have an alliance in Germany with Karlsruher SC.

Hertha is established in the 1. Bundesliga and is currently middle of the table. I understand that some of us already have Bundesliga teams that we follow, but I don't think this would cause a serious conflict of interest. From what I've been gathering, our deepest passions are with big English clubs.

Thoughts?

20. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hull City all the way.

21. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Whats the news on the Kiwi club?

22. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. I didn't contact anyone in their group or anything like that. The Yellow Fever has a website with a forum so we could easily make an introduction if we wanted. I didn't want to do anything until there was some sort of consensus that it was a good idea.

23. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Idea, they're a new team in a young league with a mls-esque feel. Plus we've got Dunc's who is still gets Caps with the NZ nats, not to mention the whole colors thing. Any chance on linking their site?

24. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.yellowfever.co.nz/

25. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007