PBP: Supercopa de España - Leg 1 | FC Barcelona v Real Madrid - 13 August 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No they wouldn't

2. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    why not try to focus on Suarez like Liverpool did?

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Agree. It's kind of embarrassing that we've been gushing over Deulofeu all these years. Very mediocre player.

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And he has been mediocre wherever he has gone. Denis Suarez, Digne, Gomes, Arda, Deulofeu and now Pauhlinio, its like the revenge of the average players.

puyol and R.Baggio repped this.
  5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, the Liga has yet to kick off and the transfer window is still open. I wouldn't expect anything until after the window closes, depending on who are/cost of the new arrivals.
    But yeah, I'd like to see a demonstration made. And it should be done pre-kickoff, like when he arrives in the presidential box. Or a long sustained jeering/pañolada lasting after Cant del Barca until the ref blows for kickoff.

evil_allan repped this.
  6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    897155365099515909 is not a valid tweet id

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Such a sloppy result oriented analysis. Let's be honest, neither team played great. You have to be out of your mind to say RM played great. With Barca being just sucker punched by Neymar's departure, they were able to quite often get in behind their defense in dangerous positions. I said it yesterday, RM didn't play that great and the scoreline flattered them. You just have to look at the comments on their board during the 1st half. But, they were not at full strength. They should be a bit better than they showed yesterday.

inswinger repped this.
  8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Everything is circumstantial isn't it.

But LPB haven't played good since Benitez but still managed 2 UCL back to back and 1 La Liga and 1 Super Cup and almost 1 Super Copa. I mean come on if they have played well then what has Barca done? Then they've been worse or just unlucky so so often? Or lack of last bite! I agree with Graham. Barça are just so frickin stubborn! Stubborn!

Give it a rest. LPB are miles better in every department atm and look unstoppable while Barca demise is continuing... and we call it bad luck. Please!

Ship is sinking and the biggest rat already left. Now that's a sign.

Leon12 repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not circumstantial, it's objective analysis. I am talking about making a meal out of one performance which wasn't really that great. Sorry but if you watch the game objectively, they weren't that great. They were shit in the first half. You can excuse they were absorbing pressure but that's BS IMO. Specially against a demoralized Barca team. RM can be much better than yesterday and I can admit when they play well.

Over the last 3 years, in my view they only really started playing really well half way through last season without the BBC lineup. You keep saying CL trophies, but only last season they won La Liga, and by only 3 pts shitting the bed at home against Barca without Neymar. So how good have they really been ?

Yes the future looks dim unless Barca makes some drastic moves. If you want to change the way the team plays and the midfield in general, you have to get rid of Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic. Replacing Rakitic is a no brainer, Busquets and Iniesta not so much. Getting a top notch player who shares minutes with Iniesta is tough. A player like Coutinho will expect regular playing minutes and probably even Dembele. It always seems like RM can keep higher quality players on the bench happy for an amount of time while Barca can't even keep average players happy.

condor11 repped this.
  10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This really does appear to be the case. For a number of seasons now.
    A cynic would suggest that something underhanded may be at play. That's what a cynic might suggest. A cynic, I tell you, and only a cynic. He'd have nothing concrete to go on but it makes a cynic wonder what the heck is at play where substitutes, and I mean subs who would start at other clubs, are often content with playing some kind of supersub role or whatever.

A cynic, I tell you.

condor11 repped this.
  11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Dude Barca doesnt even have a high quality starting eleven and you are talking about keeping high quality players happy on the bench? Seriously?

The entire foundation of past 10 years has cracked cause of bad planning and no contingency plan. Also why players arent happy at the bench? well cause they don't like the board!

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    they both looked good at Valencia didnt they?

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    he was let go for a reason....aint that good or at the very least he is no Pedro

to be fair Dennis Suarez is not all that either (and not really from la Masia either)

last truly truly great la Masia grad is Thiago

R.Baggio repped this.
  14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Denis is definitely 'not all that', I agree. But OTOH he looked like Ronaldinho on Sunday when we had a chance to compare him directly with Deulofeu.

Leon12 and condor11 repped this.
  15. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Denis, Digne, and Arda are not mediocre. The first two are young and developing and Arda helped carry the team when Ney was injured last season.

Forzabarca repped this.
  16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wuite like Denis but his jmpact for Barca has been virtually nil and u feel the sane about Arda abd Digne. And how could i for get Alacer, so much money wasted on players who are nowhere near good enough for Barca.

Rattlehead repped this.