Summer Training 2017

Discussion in 'Coach' started by NoVA Mikey, Jun 26, 2017.

1. NoVA Mikey

NoVA Mikey New Member

Oct 25, 2013
    So now that school is out (first week for us in Northern Virginia). What are your plans for training this summer. any good ideas I can steal. . .

My wife and I and a friend are starting a new U12 travel team for sons, so we are looking to have practice about one hour every other week, followed by some sort of social team building event (mini-golf, ice cream, pool party, College Soccer pre-season match). I am going to invite my players out to pick-up street soccer matches that a friend of mine is putting together on Sunday nights. And I am going to assign summer reading - or Summer foot skills (10 min of juggling and 10 min of standard toe taps/push-pulls, etc 3 times a week).

Our fall practices will start in earnest the second week in August.

2. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    I live in Southern Arizona. Summers are hot and dry in the desert. It is the off-season.

3. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Doing some private training twice a week for players that will not be coaching in the fall. It's ballooned—in the first conversation, it was an individual 1v1 session. Then 5 kids show up the first week. Next week, I'm told to expect 3 more. Didn't realize demand was so high.

I'm in the northeast. it was 48° yesterday morning and the evenings are "hot" in the mid 70s. :D