Summer is Coming.... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not sure about you guys but I would do and bear a lot worse for 110m. Is he that good I'm not sure but Raiola could be doing what he did to United when he moved him to Juve.

juveeer repped this.
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't think any determination can be made about Kean's quality until he has a full season in Serie A.

He's a physical freak for his age, so he's been able to dominate the Primavera because of his size alone. We won't know if his talent is authentic until he's up against professional footballers, in a division where he'll be just another physical center forward. If he keeps scoring goals for a club like Empoli, then we'll know that there's a good chance it is and a pay rise may be justified. If he doesn't, then we won't have wasted money on just another promising talent that isn't quite good enough to make the jump.

I think it's potentially very telling that Juve decided to have Kean remain in the Primavera for another season. Yes, 17 is young, but it's not unheard of for an overwhelming talent to be promoted ahead of schedule. So far, that hasn't happened with Kean. That's why I trust the club's judgement in this situation.

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If he sticks with Raiola, his career will not amount to much. The only client Raiola had with great success was Nedved. Pavel was his own man. I know some will ask about Ibrahimovic. As talented as he is, he never won the big one. Playing on the best teams meant that he did not have to be the difference maker. Maybe he was at PSG but then look at the league. Raiola puts himself and money first, not what is best for his client's career.

4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Neither did Neddy, Falc.

Unless you're talking about the Ballon D'or, which, imo, is not a fair way to judge either a player's talent or career.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We all know if not for that foolish tackle in midfield. But Nedved did not hop from team to team as did Ibrahimovic and Balotelli. He also stuck around for Serie B. I am sure his agent told him it was a stupid decision.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This is a stretch.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Russian papers are claiming that Zenit are working on a new contract for Witsel (with a release clause) but he is not willing to discuss terms or renew with them.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zenit lost out on 20M....lol....Witsel is coming for Free and they're the idiots.

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not sure if he will end up at Juve but in any situation he better leave that team.

10. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would say that Juve now is better than 2 years ago.

Alves, Benatia, Rugani >>> Cáceres, Ogbonna, De Ceglie
    Khedira, Pjanic, Cuadrado < Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo
    Dybala, Higuain, Pjaca >>> Llorente, Tevez, Morata

Now I actually don't think that the midfield's quality has dropped significantly. I feel like by 2015 Pirlo was old and slow, not half the player he used to be. I would pick a 26 y.o Pjanic over a 36 y.0 Pirlo. I also feel that Khedira, when he is fully fit, is every bit as good as Vidal. The big loss is Pogba, Juve hasn't replaced him with a midfielder of equal quality. Cuadrado is good but not on par. If Juve had bought someone like James or Mkhitaryan over the summer, then I could have easily argued that in fact, Juve's midfield has even improved compared to 2015.

11. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

James wasn't able to find a place to rent in time. They booked him for 2017, word is Witsel as well.

12. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    IMO, you guys have a lot of defensive midfielders but not enough attacking ones. Khedira, Marchisio, and Lemina are all CMs that are slightly more on the defensive side. Pjanic is also a pure CM.

From what I have seen from Pjaca, I think he has the talent to play as AM. A great dribbler, strong as a bull, and creative.

juveeer repped this.
  13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Khedira attacks quite a bit actually. He has scored some crucial goals for us before. I agree with you about Pjaca, I see a lot of potential in him, and am honestly surprise that no clubs have gone after him until now.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marotta has pretty much confirmed that Juve will be signing him. In an interview he said he arrival was just delayed by Zenit's actions.

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006