Summer is Coming.... the Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #4251 St. Michael's Sword, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Would think he's perfect for Allegri an extremely technically, defensively solid box to box with a creative element to his game whose best quality is maintaining possession. Him at RCM, Marchisio at Registration and a bomber on the left would be amazing. Khedira is holding his spot amazingly at the moment though so I really can't complain too much.

Baggionero repped this.
  2. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Personally, I would like to see him at LCM so he could have a better dribbling avenue. Link up with Pjanic and Marchisio as well. Something like...

Verratti Marchisio
    ------------Pjanic---------------

Verratti in that Iniesta role much like what Xavi and Pirlo both also played when Busquets and Gattuso arrived.

Then a mix of Dybala, Higuain, Pjaca up front; Bonucci and whoever takes the spot next season (think Rugani might soon overtake it; he was immense against France even in the loss)

And then Sandro - Alves.

Next season's team will be even better.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe Berardi as well.

Baggionero repped this.
  4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Can a midfield with both Veratti and Pjanic work though? It could be similar to Xavi and Iniesta, but a Busquets would need to be found to balance that midfield.

Veratti will have his time in black and white if he desires, but Juve have a horrible relationship with PSG right now. In the meantime, Khedira is playing at a very high level and wouldn't (shouldn't) easily be displaced as a starter. Marchisio will hopefully return to 100% soon enough. Veratti unlike a Witsel would need to start and right now there doesn't look to be enough room.

It's something to think about in the future, but I'm super confident that Pjanic can match Veratti in many ways to go with an in form Khedira and healthy Marchisio.

juventino13 repped this.
  5. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Don't kid yourself. Verratti comes, and he immediately displaces Khedira without a second thought. And Marchisio can be that Busquets guy IMO. Stylistically though, he exists; his name is Rolando Mandragora.

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So he's going to be responsible for making sure only eligible players take the pitch? :p

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hahaha, i just noticed that. Gotta love auto correct :D

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  8. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Been using my phone a lot for BS the last few days, it hasn't been kind to me....

Afghan-Juventus and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Just play all four. Pjanic-Marchisio-Verratti is missing muscle.

ArtemioD repped this.
  10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I wanted to look up Zidane's age and used the swipe keyboard function on my Nexus 5 and Google immediately recognized it. Then I swiped Del Piero and Google corrected it to Dell Puerto. :mad:

That's right, a Dell business center in Puerto Rico. :thumbsdown:

Baggionero and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  11. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why do you need muscle when you'll never lose the ball lol.

No but seriously, Marchisio is more physical than Khedira. Khedira fills gaps, he doesn't get overly physical.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let's get through this season first before worrying about next summer's mercato.

St. Michael's Sword and phat repped this.
  13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We don't need a Busquets guy. We don't play tiki taka.

14. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Your ruining the fantasy old man, next your going to kick us all off your yard :p

@Dante, close the thread and don't open a winter market one till October but open a fantasy discussion that @Falc never has to go into.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Someone has to knock you kids back into reality.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  17. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    After 5-6 Seasons that's pretty shitty of him to leave to a direct "rival" (we don't have any real rivals talent wise but they are the scummiest team in the league) is pretty low. It'll leave a bad taste in my mouth after an otherwise great tenure here. Similar to Pogba's departure except without the 100m Euros.

juventino13, juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Frankly I was a bit surprised Conte didn't go in for him at Chelsea for a couple of seasons.

19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These sites twist words. He didnt indicate anything about Inter or leaving. He is rightfully not fully happy cuz of alves and cuadrado and he wanted a pay raise. It would be a strange move for him to choose Inter when he could've picked Chelsea.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  21. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    All this fuss over a Man U player...

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's old news. Of course we wanted to keep him, but he wanted to leave. Whatever, its done, why are we still talking about this guy?

St. Michael's Sword and scirea6 repped this.
  23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    http://www.calciomercato.com/en/new...-number-10-jersey-from-del-piero-to-po-729257

".....Then came Carlos Tevez, who had a glorious two years in Turin wearing the number 10 shirt. It was then passed onto Paul Pogba last season but now its future at the club looks uncertain. Many people expected striker Paulo Dybala to be the next wearer but despite pressure for the bianconeri’s kit manufacturer Adidas, the youngster opted to stay with 21. If his scintillating form of last season is repeated this time around, there could be more pressure for him to switch his allegiance to the legendary number 10 jersey to carry on the tradition and give fans the romance they so crave....."

I wonder just how much Adidas had to do with this whole situation?