Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Have those rotations changed the concept of being a starter / regular? Secondly, nobody has deemed the season a failure. Okay besides IscoDisco. He would preach of doom and gloom even if we would sign Pogba, Neymar and Mbappe.

2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It would be tragic to see minutes going towards Asensio. Invest minutes towards Vin, Rodrygo and Kubo who should be first rotations.

Kroosinator repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Who cares who is a "starter" and who is a "regular" though? During the second season, Zidane was playing the B team in some critical league games. At the end of the day, it's about the competition in the squad. If these new faces drive the old faces to get back to their old form, then it's good for us. If they don't get back to their old form, they'll be benched.

We've already seen it has lit some fire under Marcelo and Isco who have come in much better shape at least.

AriGold, Anon. and Mimadridsta repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #5729 robnycus, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    spanish press already started with their agenda against foreign players..
    AS has an article saying Madridistas are not happy with the way Rodrygo celebrated his goal when we were down 3-1

Give me a f**** break.. this is a friendly .. Lol

The kid just came from Brazil and scored his first ever goal - a FK golazo nonetheless - with his new team in his first match and he can’t take a few seconds to celebrate how he wants..?

Saeta Rubia and Stiliyan repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Drouchk repped this.
  6. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Lets be honest guys.Mendy wasnt necessary.We had marcelo and reguilon.The left back was more than covered.Also Hakimi is on loan at dortmund.I think we could those 50m€ invest somewhere else.I hope mendy proves me wrong.We need to replace ronaldo 50 goals per season.Who can score such many goals?only few players and one of them is Neymar.I lime more mbappe but he is not available.That shouldnt stop us with attempt to buy Neymar.I wish Ibrahimovic is a bit younger.He is still rocking.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If I had scored my first goal for Real Madrid and it was a golazo like that, I would have done a lot more than he did even if it was 10-0.

Doni, Stiliyan, Ssr9 and 3 others repped this.
  8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I hope people will complain too when Griezmann will show his new moronic celebration to the world.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  9. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    1153060122861690880 is not a valid tweet id

temesgen repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If Chinese clubs can't pay transfer fees because of tax considerations but can pay astronomical wages, why not have Bale pay for the transfer through his wages over next three seasons? 60mm over three years is 20mm a year out of whatever wages could be agreeable. That's a way to avoid the tax issue on transfer fees.

11. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are you even saying, Barcelona were heavily linked to him and Abidal was seen multiple times scouting him.
    Obscene because he is more injury prone than Bale. Now you are just latching on to anything to complain about.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like how the Madrid media have been moving in unison to make it look like giving Bale away for free is financially benefitial to the club and a great deal. It's like how Barca presented "wages not spent" in an income presentation all over again. :ROFLMAO:

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Isn't that like how you're trying to convince us that keeping Bake so he can play golf, relax and make millions is great as well?

You've literally become the guy you hate most.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #5739 4x4s, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    If he does that on the pitch, his contribution is still more than what many players managed to do last season.

Clearly "operacion salida" isn't going as planned.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lyon bough him for 3 mil. Two seasons ago and I'm sure he didn't cost 50 when Barca scouted him in 2018. We're going to do the same with Pogba as well (Overpay on every front because we're narrowing our options to one person exclusively) so I can just hope the players make us win.

16. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    So apparently Bale's agent asked not to play Bale against Bayern because he was in negotiations.

So nothing at all wrong with what Zidane said then. In fact I agree completely if that's the case.

17. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    they speaking now about Bale+90 for Neymar

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sounds strange then that Bale's agent would be this outraged about it. The same reports that claim that Bale is working towards China also claim that the squad feel that the club is trying to push him towards China while the player has other options in mind.

It's funny how people laugh at how Barca use the local press as their instrument, but when this club does it to define the narrative, its the truth.

Lyra repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be amazing but considering how the press has been celebrating the masterstroke of a plan to release Bale from his contract entirely or for a low fee, I think its very far fetched.

20. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    they always doing spin to press the Neymar-Barca Transfer on RMs back

21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whether it's true or not (Bale's agent requesting the club to leave Bale out of the squad), I'm not sure. It most definitely doesn't sound too strange to me though. The 'media play' (ask A, then when the club agrees to A, you run straight to the media and speak of a disgrace) kind of falls within the scope of said agent's behaviour until now. It simply diverts the attention from 'no serious club being interested in his so-called superstar' (at least no club willing to pay him what he wants) to 'Real Madrid being a disgusting institution lacking respect in every sense'. Yeah, whatever really. The agent has been sh*tting on (amongst others) the club for years now, nothing new here.

Don't care about Barca by the way.

Crimson repped this.
  22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eden Hazard and Jovic will have to shoulder a lot more of the scoring load for the upcoming season because if Asensio, Mariano, Vinicius and Isco are our scoring options we're in trouble.

The clock is really ticking on VJ because he has shown his dribbling and 1v1 take on skills are a high level, but his end product aka finishing is very subpar. Rodrygo may even surpass him in that regard at this rate. We may need to loan VJ for him to get some notches under his belt.

We need to offload Asensio and Lucas as if the Bale sale isn't happening and then worry about not only bolstering the middle but also added goals.

23. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At what rate? The rate that Rodrygo has a goal in 1st friendly of the season and VJ does not? Pump your breaks kid. We have no idea what's in store with RG, VJ has aclimated perfectly past season. Goals Will come.

24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with you there, if Zidane leaves in a year Pogba and Mendy could turn out to be potential mistakes. But dont we run that risk with every manager?

Ozil and Khedira for Mourinho
    Illaramendi and James for Ancelotti
    Kovacic for Benitez

All of those signings have given us varying degrees of success but were players bought to accomodate a manager's system. If Zidane needs them to get his style, we need to give him what he requires.

25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah and you're not exactly playing with House money when you're in Madrid. VJ had a lotta freedom to last season and that unfortunate injury took him out. But I doubt Zidane will be as accomodating as Solari to him. Particularly because we're in dire need of scorers, and VJ hasn't shown as high a goalscoring acumen as we had hoped.

Granted its only pre-season we have time to see how things click, but our offense was our biggest problem last season, followed by midfield, followed by defense. In most seasons it was the complete opposite.