Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #5476 saadomar, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    It's moments like these that you realize what we lost in Ronaldo.

Nobody on this team is anywhere close to how clinical the top men in the European elite teams are.

Benzema was good last year, but he wasn't someone who's gonna get triple teamed or will our team to a victory.

Hazard is a different kind of player. He can create more than he can score, but it's like people forgot how to put balls in the back of the net.

If this is how Asensio, Lucas V. and Isco are gonna play, Idk how long Zidane can afford to bench Bale if he doesn't leave this summer. In fact, selling him with all these other players being deadweight can arguably be a worse decision.

Our midfield hasn't gotten any better. Our offense has some pieces but still needs improvement.

Let's see how the rest of the games turn out but this was not pretty.

2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we can't throw 200 ME (which is frankly ludicrous) at Man Utd for Pogba, it's high time we move to other midfield targets and stop wasting time.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    After Zidane’s comments about Bale today Can someone explain to me why did Bale travel with the team to the preseason tour?

4. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had to get into shape either way, for all we know his new team might be at the ICC as well. Or maybe the negotiations have seen sudden progress.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane with a bomb. Love how none of the media knew we were in any type of negotiations for Bale.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So if Bale is not playing because we are "negotiating his exit", does Asensio starting and Lucas playing mean we'll go through the entire season with them holding down the right flank?

madridista_hr repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #5482 4x4s, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Or maybe "negotiating his exit" means we're in the process of begging him to leave and are doing all we can to heckle him out of the club.

I don't get what saying "if Bale is gone tomorrow, it's for the better" for Bale's value or for our negotiation tactic.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what it means.....

9. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    How could being wrong about Zidanes return have made you this unbearable. I've blocked the other 2 or 3 depressive posters, never thought I would think about you in the same way.

10. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really hope the deal is already signed - as that's the only time such a statement is appropriate.

Zidane and the club is receiving quite the backlash on social media for this statement. Bale behaving like a dolt after the CL win is not an excuse for the club to stoop to his standards with such statements unless the deal is signed.

Mimadridsta and Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When there's something to be excited about, I'll get to it, until then I'm sceptical at best.

12. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ZZ said that he'll be gone in the next 24-48 hours, so it's most probably done already.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From what I heard he didn't. He just said "were working on a transfer to a new club" and that "if he's gone tomorrow, that would be the best" .

We're basically trying to get him to leave. The entire phrasing to me doesn't sound like a regular transfer, more like we're working on getting him off the team. And again, shows that the players that did play, are most likely staying.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally ZZ makes clear what I was thinking about Gareth anyway, as much as some here think he’s the best option before Asensio and Lucas on the right wing, what really matters is what ZZ thinks and he does not think that, which is why apparently he made it clear to Gareth that he should move on
    i continue to think our attack is the biggest problem, even in a rubbish season last season we created numerous chances that were missed, just like we missed chances today, people love Benz ( including ZZ) and he scored 30 goals last season but for me he remains a huge question mark,

even if we bring in 3 goal scoring midfielders ( which we won’t) I would still be skeptical about our chances of winning trophies with Benz as the 9 and I realize I might be in the minority,

still far too much standing about in the final third from the attackers waiting for some moment of magic, in complete contrast to Bayern who seemed to have endless creative ideas in front of goal with players moving and running off the ball causing all manner of confusion for our defenders

saadomar, petros93 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Glad Zidane made the decision and stuck with it. Bale's time is done here and he signed his sentence a long time ago with his behaviour in the media and behind the coach's back (post-CL, his agent etc.). The club probably knows it has to take a huge loss on the player (similar to Kaka), so these statements are more than fine with me. Many thanks and good luck, Bale.

petros93 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane will be the first to leave the sinking ship if it doesn't work out next season. So the fact that he's allowed to even make the decisions is quite worrying to me.

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How do you know he will be the first to leave?, also IMO it is right that the “coach” is allowed to make the decisions about who he wants to go into battle with as his team, he wins or loses with the players he wants, I have no problem with that

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's what he did last time. That's what he did as a player. Zidane doesn't care about contracts or commitment. When he feels like it, he leaves.

On one hand, I want us to give him every player he wants, even if it means paying 300 million Euro for Pogba to see what he can do with the squad, on the other hand, giving him the squad he wants and then him quitting on it will set us back 5 years or so.

saadomar repped this.
  19. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ZIDANE: “No tengo un problema personal con Bale. Se irá en 24-48 horas. Hablo con el club y la decisión (de su salida) la toma el entrenador, que soy yo. Pero también el jugador, que conoce su situación”

So making the decision to cut Bale is "worrying" now? Sinking ship? Come on, you're better than that.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014
    Maybe there's already an agreement between us and another club for Bale's transfer, and the only hold up is the player himself. Which might explain why Zidane has taken this step to show Bale it's in his best interest to just accept his fate.

saadomar repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're pretty average to be honest, and a lot of people in the press speculate that there's a struggle between what Zidane wants and what the club wants. El Paris claim that the club presented Zidane with multiple options for the midfield but he doesn't really care. If it's not Pogba, it's not worth talking about.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should be working on making the team better, not worse. Keeping and starting Lucas and Asensio for another season is a horror scenario.

Mimadridsta, saadomar and Stiliyan repped this.
  23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But that’s just your subjective opinion, you have decided he just left because we were “sinking” but maybe he left because he saw we were sinking and wanted to do something about it and couldn’t get that done, due to any number of factors

anyone can look at the situation anyway they feel like and come to any conclusion that suits their narrative but really, no one knows for sure , as this is the team I support I will look at the positive, I hope he gets the team he wants and he is successful even though I disagree with “some” of the things he’s doing

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's allegedly under control now and he's barely doing anything really. How was our Marcelo successor? I assume he totally outclassed the guy we shipped out to Sevilla for free.

Stiliyan repped this.
  25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, but IMO so is keeping and starting Gareth who has never really been consistently good for us either, when not completely useless to the team because he’s out injured, maybe half a season and some good moments