Summer 2019 - The Zizou Revolution Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn I can see them fielding a lineup with more Castilla products somewhere along the way (and beating us with our own players + James).

Adan, Juanfran, Hermoso, Llorente, Saul, Morata

VS.

Carvajal, Nacho, Lucas, Valverde, Mariano

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Juanfran left this summer. Hope we can cash in on Lucas and Mariano this summer. Mariano could start at Roma. Here he will be 3rd choice.

3. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
  4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    MerlinRM, Crimson, Hsain85 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
  7. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    She's also a big fan of our club. She knows what she wants and is never afraid to speak her mind, she's an amazing rolemodel.

8. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's here next season. If he can't raise his game and justify a position ahead of the youngsters, then I hope he quietly accepts whatever role Zidane gives him at 17ME per year (which should have had some clause that his agent needs to STFU).

9. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems as though we're just moving a problem to next summer unless Zidane changes his opinion on the player. He could have a monster season with Arsenal but if Zidane still has his preferences then we'll just go through this again next year. Ceballos can't just stay on loan until Zidane leaves.

10. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or it raises his price to 60-70M and we sell him next summer to the highest bidder

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I understand why you'd feel that way but when you consider that he and Zidane had a sit down to discuss his future at the end of last season then its hard to not assume that they've come to some sort of agreement if he's willing to come back. I mean unless he doesnt believe Zidane would last beyond a season lol.

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Funny some of these guys like Ceballos and James were probably just buying time until Zidane was out of the picture.

They both got their hopes up when he left and less than a year later he's back and hell bent on a player that would take their position.

I think there's a good chance that "Zidane the Sequel" isn't nearly has successful as his first stint. I am also fairly certain that "rebuilding" the team is going to take time, and we won't see instant results while going with the status quo + Hazard isn't going to be enough to dethrone Barca/Liverpool in the long game.

I think there is a really good chance Zidane doesn't stick around, especially if two things happen. We don't get Pogba this season and the France job opens up next summer.

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    There is always that chance, yes but i believe this is more wishful thinking on your part. If i were a betting man i wouldnt bet on Zidane quitting or getting fired next season even if we don't win anything major.

14. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Our owner's a prick so it looks like the offer is gonna be a loan with option for 42mil and the only other club rumoured is Atletico Madrid who will pay the 42mil right up front.

TBH we'd probably pay the 42mil anyways it just gives us more money to spend this summer.

Is your president more likely to take the money from a direct rival this year or from a team abroad next year?

15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    The premier league window closes 8th August but that doesn’t stop clubs taking their players.

United know Pogba wants to leave so they’ll need a replacement in and that will happen before 8th August

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the option is an obligatory buy next year, I assume everyone here and the club would prefer for us to sell him abroad. We just want money.

Conversely, I believe no one would want to send him on loan+buy option with no obligation. We would rather just sell to Atleti.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is key.

The moment Manchester buys SMS or some other Pogba-like replacement, it signals the world (wel Florentino) they want to sell. So we shouldn't be rushed.

AppleBob86 repped this.
  18. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eh, not true though:

Sell:
    Inflow: €50M transfer fee / Outflow: €51M wages
    Net impact: €1M outflow

Keep:
    Inflow: €0M transfer fee / Outflow: €102M wages
    Net impact: €102M outflow

Net cost of keeping bale: €101M / 3 years = €34M/year (essentially, just his wages)

Sure we probably make a few million euros a year off his image rights. But it isn't €34M/year, I can assure you that.

MaxY and sneakking repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't keep Bale for depth. His salary is outrageous, and if you can somehow swallow that, he's not the Kaka type who will accept being a role player, he is a diva and a misfit in the locker room that will cause all kinds of tensions with Zidane, Florentino, teammates and media.

An offer that makes us save the treasure we owe to him, and at the same time recoup a decent transfer fee so that at least we save some face, thats an offer I'd sign with both hands. This is the Spurs offer, if its real, so it would be insane not to accept it, in a situation where there isn't exactly a bidding war over him.

If depth is the issue, despite having a wing forward star in the making (Vinicius) and two perfectly adequate rotation players there (Asensio and Lucas), just pay 30 million euros for someone like Nabil Fekir, who would command a quarter of Bale's salary, and not spend half the season on the medical table, and the rest trying to find his rhythm again.

20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    1151249387210907648 is not a valid tweet id

1151253555791224835 is not a valid tweet id

21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Flo has to be realistic. Who is going to pay 80M for Asensio or Isco?

22. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Desperate PL clubs?

But even then, players have to accept to leave.

Everton are close to offloading Gueye. Imagine that they offer 70ME for Isco. Flo will be ok, but no way Asensio will accept to go to Everton.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    They can't get their rumor right. At first it was €150, then €170 and €180.

Now they say they asked for €200.

They don't know what the hell they are tallimg about. Tomorrow they will say €300

All to sensationalize and sell papers.

Anon., Baltor, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Yep.

The only sources to trust are mancunian ones imho.

They only say that they won't sell for cheap, and at least no way that they will under what they paid to Juventus before.

Their recent articles also say their owners want to keep Pogba as they sit on his contract. So they won't accept what they consider bad offers.

Now we are only july 17, plenty of time for them to change their mind.

And what we are offering can't be as shitty as what Barcelona are to PSG. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not 100% sure they will cave in though.

We need a plan B in case of.

Anon. repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ayayain repped this.