NSR: Suggestions for upcoming trip

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by gremista, Aug 4, 2008.

1. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    I am fortunate to be heading back to Brasil after more than five years since my last visit. I shall be attending a large trade show in the Riberao Preto area (Fenasucro in Sertãozinho, to be exact)

IN addition to the prof opportunity, I am looking forward to enjoying many things (food and drink) I have not had in years. But since I was last in Brasil, I am now going back as the father of a young son and thus my requests.

When I travel I always try and pick him up something local. As I have a soft spot in my heart for Brasil, he will likely end up getting a load of things! I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for the following:

1) Music - we try and avoid pure children's music (purple dinosaurs and all that) so I often look for children's albums that have been created by well known artists. Any suggestions from the rich musical pantheon of Brasil.

2) Toys - is there something anyone can suggest for a two year old boy. Try to find things in my travels that everyone in the country in question played with as a kid (think of lincoln logs in the states) yet are not found anywhere else. He might be too small yet for this but suggestions are welcome

3) Childrens book - same as above. Any classics of children's literature I should be on the look out for. While I never learned to write well, I still speak decent Portuguese and can read pretty much anything. He is at an age where he absorbs everything (babbles in Hungarian, English and Russian) and would like to through him a new curve ball and read to him at night in Portuguese!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My best advice to you is:

Don't take your child to Azenha's analvalanche.

3. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    am not worried about that...we are raising the right way! ;-)