Sudamericano U-20 (2015)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Aug 5, 2014.

1. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well thats game

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No surprise, Peru took this tournament a lot more serious than us, they played friendlies and had a coach dedicated to it, well deserved victory for them.

Now, Gruezo, Dominguez and Gonzales would not have helped this team, this team suffers from basic futbol knowledge, Canga is ALWAYS LATE and out of position, Chala is quite possibly the worst player this tournament, Crtez and Cevallos cant throw a decent center, Burbano is slow and very imprecise, Parrales basically sucks.

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What would it take us to get un tecnico de categoria? We couldn't finish games under vizuete, we are getting demolished by everyone and all the polemica going on with las mayores, we ain't getting out of the first stages of copa America.

4. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Un yeyo a Chiriboga.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    good thing about today game our goal difference is back to 0 and cevallos is top goal scorer for now

6. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our chances are slim to qualify, the most probable situation would be that, we have to beat Paraguay no matter what, Peru will most likely beat Bolivia (by goleada), then our qualification lies in the hands of the Paraguay vs Peru game which we'll need Paraguay to beat Peru and help out on that goal difference

7. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Burbano, Velez, Perales, Mercado and Cevallos should always start

8. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd feel better about this victory if that Bolivian keeper didn't rank pretty high on my worst-keepers-of-all-time list.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I missed the game vs. Bolivia, but I didn't know Ronaldo Johnson from D. Cuenca was playing as a left back. Holy crap! that kids a left wing usually in Cuenca and right now he's killing it as a left back. I never thought he had defensive qualities like that. Very impressed. Great discovery by Vizuete and it is very interesting to see that players such as Darwin Suarez, Ronaldo Johnson, Borris Quiroz, and Realpe who have little or no first division games under their belt are able to play better than players such as Ronny Santos, Gabriel Corozo, and Anibal Chala (for example) who are all players that have a BUNCH of first division games for over a year now.

On a positive note, it seems like TODAY i am seeing that we actually have an idea of what we are doing on the field. The first two games I saw I was in shock. I'm surprised the changes Vizuete made worked out for him and I am also glad we are playing a 4-2-3-1. First two games we played a 4-4-2 which was just awful and it didn't suit the type of players we have. Por lo menos hoy se ve un estilo de juego which is good. I hope we can get the win and that Robert Burbano isn't going to be out for too long. He did a lot better today than what I saw in the first two games of this Sudamericano. Kevin Mercado looks a lot better now that Johnson plays behind him. I think one thing Mercado has to improve on (which will also help him out in Europe) is that he needs to leave to run back and help mark when we lose possession. That's probably why he doesn't start in Granada. Vizuete screamed at him a good 3 or 4 times this first half and made him run back to help Johnson out. As far as Parrales, he had good participation and his positioning was right on point for the goal.

Anyways, best two players on the field IMO are Cevallos Jr. and Ronaldo Johnson.

10. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Tie 1-1 10 minutes left

11. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #61 viagoal, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Phew! Ecuador 6 pts +1 gd

2-1. Thanks Parrales and Canga
    Vamos Bolivia!

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How long do you think till Paraguay and Peru realize all they have to do is tie on the last game.

13. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    This is when politics gets involved. Ecuador has one foot out.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You know what pisses me off? That we always depend on somebody else, always praying somebody does us a favor which almost never happens.

15. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #65 viagoal, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    The TV announcers were saying how today's Ecuador line up could have easily beat Peru.
    We beat a good Paraguay team.

I don't know much about sudamericana sub-20 history. Will Paraguay line up it's B team to save their players for the next round ? or will they play to win to secure the 2nd place spot ?
    If Peru beats Paraguay by 2 goals were in. If Paraguay wins were in.

[​IMG]
    Peru beat Bolivia 1-0 with a goal from Luis Da Silva at 23 minutes of the second half, and therefore eliminating Bolivia from the tournament but leaving the A Group with four teams tied with 6 points in the standings.

Argentina, Paraguay, Ecuador and Peru are the teams vying for three seats in order to qualify for the final round of the tournament. Of the four, Ecuador is on a bye during the last date of the group stage in which Paraguay will face Peru and Argentina will have an opportunity to cement their future against Bolivia.

- See more at: http://www.conmebol.com/en/01202015...r-teams-group-six-points#sthash.5XgfaYmx.dpuf

16. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #66 viagoal, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Peru and Paraguay tied, It was obvious, anyone who's upset, be upset about our loss against Peru, I leave with the thought that Gruezo, Gonzales and Dominguez absences were felt, Vizuete's lack of work on this team showed..clearly, but most important in my opinion, our roster is not as talented as we thought it was, Recalde is worlds away from being a starter keeper in any team, Chala, Canga, Santos showed very little agression while defending, that guy Quiroz, jesus, Parrales sucked, Cevallos, Velez,Mercado and Johnson were the onlypositive notes about this tournament and I am not saying these guys will be starts only that they played well.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    One question that nobody seems to have asked - why is Vizuete the coach of this team and the senior team?

Isn't is a better idea for him to focus full time on one or the other? I don't think it helped the U-20's that the guy has a FAR more important and stressful job to do. I'm sure he could have been part of the management team, but why can't they make somebody else the main guy?

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    By the way - I would like for Vizuete to remember last night's Paraguay v. Peru match. I just hope we are ever in a situation in Copa America, or even better, WC qualifying, where either of those teams need us to win and we don't need to.

Quilotoa repped this.